CATSA

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

CATSA

Post by leftoftrack »

Has anyone seen CATSA disinfect the RAIC scanners between uses? I asked 1 guy and he said he's not sure when its been disinfected last.
---------- ADS -----------

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: CATSA

Post by mbav8r »

My last time through, the guy grabbed my RAIC out of my hand as I was placing it to the scanner, he had gloves on so he was safe. I made sure he knew I wasn’t happy and cleaned it with his sanitizer in front of him. Doubt he changed how he conducted himself after but I felt better.
Going forward, I will be ready to pull it back before they touch it! As I sit here waiting for the test results though, the thought of going to work and having to isolate for another 14 days does not appeal to me one bit!

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

mbav8r wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:00 pm My last time through, the guy grabbed my RAIC out of my hand as I was placing it to the scanner, he had gloves on so he was safe. I made sure he knew I wasn’t happy and cleaned it with his sanitizer in front of him. Doubt he changed how he conducted himself after but I felt better.
Going forward, I will be ready to pull it back before they touch it! As I sit here waiting for the test results though, the thought of going to work and having to isolate for another 14 days does not appeal to me one bit!
Weren't aircrew exempt from the 14 day quarantine?

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

Aircrew are exempt

valleyboy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by valleyboy »

Not exempt but on condition. I know as pilots we're a little stupid when it comes to our own invincibility but I would how smart enough to self monitor symptoms and I would think it would be smart to get commitment from the company that they will cover expenses if you develop symptoms while away from home and the sense to stay home if you are worried

Black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight
http://www.blackair.ca
rxl
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by rxl »

leftoftrack wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:39 pm Aircrew are exempt
... Only to the extent that you are asymptomatic, and only to get yourself to and from work and to perform your duties while there. When off duty you must self-isolate after each international trip.
This is how the law in Newfoundland and Labrador is written and it also includes arriving in the province from from the rest of Canada as well.

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

rxl wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:29 am
leftoftrack wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:39 pm Aircrew are exempt
... Only to the extent that you are asymptomatic, and only to get yourself to and from work and to perform your duties while there. When off duty you must self-isolate after each international trip.
This is how the law in Newfoundland and Labrador is written and it also includes arriving in the province from from the rest of Canada as well.
They just changed it. Crew are exempt from self-isolation now.

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

Ask the tub stacker with the machine to disinfect it for you. Same with the hand wipe pad things they use to detect bombs. They have to use new ones if you ask.

Return to “General Comments”