So your on the Ei bus due to the virus how you keepn...

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

oldncold
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

So your on the Ei bus due to the virus how you keepn...

Post by oldncold »

so you've been given the layoff till? due to crono virus. How you planning to stay engaged n busy all the while missing those. Early morn sunrise ascent thru the cloud deck, or. chasing the sunset westbound.

1). madly erase the honey do do list (if parterned up)

2) build up brownie points with the kids that your finally home and won't miss an important event.

3) make sure you are. footloose and fancy free and wing it.

4) stare endlessly at av can jobs ads that arw non exsistant. let's kept on topic and respectfull to each other.
---------- ADS -----------

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: So your on the Ei bus due to the virus how you keepn...

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

There's 2 ways we're ending up on the other side of this pandemic tunnel.

- Either we're learning a new hobby.
- Joining AA.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

I’m retired so probably shouldn’t reply but I will anyway. Don’t laugh but amongst to do duties now that ya have some free time, consider a household/shed/garage cleanup then hit the kijji or fb community used site. First of all you would be surprised at what you have collected over the years and do not need. Second, you will be even more surprised what people are willing to buy. Examples that I unloaded, 60ft extension ladder, cappuccino maker, working notebook and full version software, gas power high pressure washer, 20 yr old fridge( guy wanted it for garage to store his home brew craft beer), 2 wheels from old snowblower, small tabletop bbq, 2 box of unopened hardwood flooring, light fixtures interior and exterior. Three iPhones(4,5c and 6) Cabinet and bookshelves are big sellers- list goes on and on. Price it to go and it will.

Caution: make sure your partner knows what’s going down and rules. No I won’t stock my wine cellar and beer fridge and I will get cross if you think you just found a way to go on a girlie trip. Do something together with family and of course kids if ya have any . We put the proceeds collected in a white envelope, dated it with intent. Ours is to Dublin soonest when this virus shit show moves on and have enough collected to cover good bit of return fares from YHZ.

Just some thoughts.
:drinkers:

rooster
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rooster »

oldncold wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:25 pm so you've been given the layoff till? due to crono virus. How you planning to stay engaged n busy all the while missing those. Early morn sunrise ascent thru the cloud deck, or. chasing the sunset westbound.

1). madly erase the honey do do list (if parterned up)

2) build up brownie points with the kids that your finally home and won't miss an important event.

3) make sure you are. footloose and fancy free and wing it.

4) stare endlessly at av can jobs ads that arw non exsistant. let's kept on topic and respectfull to each other.
Sir, put down the rum and sober up. Repost in the morning.

172_Captain
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 172_Captain »

Not everyone ran off to the airlines. So for me, by going to work. Work in Medivac. Decided not to chase a seniority number. Enjoying my 7 days off.

Last edited by 172_Captain on Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctmorawetz
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ctmorawetz »

I have accepted the reality of the situation and am thankful that my wife is not in the aviation industry and has a stable, full time job. Hoping that my company's projection are accurate but I'm assuming that I won't be back at work until the summer at some point. In the meantime, volunteering where I can be useful and getting caught up on Netflix.

Keep your stick on the ice - Red Green
co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

So far a mixture of Xbox, booze, facebook, wine, the covid channel on tv, avcanada, sleeping in, and staying up late. Zero productivity at all.

dialdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by dialdriver »

co-joe wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:17 pm So far a mixture of Xbox, booze, facebook, wine, the covid channel on tv, avcanada, sleeping in, and staying up late. Zero productivity at all.
and hand washing

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

Yup hand washing. :lol:

Oh and Zwift. Every day. Yesterday there was over 8200 people on there with me.

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

Co J.

Congratulations. Other than the elimination of your flying and your newly discovered use of soap and water, you have managed to keep your life as it was before. :smt040 :smt040 :smt040

I, on the other hand, spend my time doing post graduate work in ironic internet postings, and sarcasm. I tried the humour and outraged courses but failed miserably at both.the outragers make it look so easy, but it is difficult to maintain 24/7 outrage.

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post
Major Bedhead
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Major Bedhead »

I live off island and spent almost two hours today giving truckers a lift through the drive through of their choice to get some food or coffee at a truckstop.
No charge - just a small gesture.
Know the feeling all too well of long flights with no catering 🤪
Stay well all

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Well was going to look for work until my wife said not happening “when will you ever again get a full summer off with marginal pay”, enjoy it.

So now I’ve ripped apart and started to fix up the garage, finishing a walkway I started in the fall. And hopefully soon I’ll be spending all my time at camp on the boat.

AirDoan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirDoan »

I was caught in a precarious position when the crap hit the fan. I have regional hours, finished my Group 1 and IATRA in February. Had recommends and referrals at several places for MediVac, PasCo and a couple others. Sent out apps, had some positive feed back, annnnnnnnnd. COVID! And then mom got cancer that's inoperable. I was already on lay off from my skydive driving gig (I can not apply to the new EI subsidy as I am already on it), that may or may not even open now. So I'm keeping my hands as busy around the house while hoping that one of my leads turns into some form of work this year. I can't really work in my old fields while isolating from the public for mom's sake. This thing could not have hit at a worse time.

BTD
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by BTD »

flyinhigh wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:59 pm Well was going to look for work until my wife said not happening “when will you ever again get a full summer off with marginal pay”, enjoy it.
Funny, when I mentioned to some last summer that I was looking forward to going back to work with the Max situation, they said the same thing. Seems a second summer off is in the making. Although this one, probably won’t be outside as much.

Happy to have a job though...

oldncold
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by oldncold »

been 2-3 weeks how you all holding up?

Return to “General Comments”