Closing airspace

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

anofly
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Closing airspace

Post by anofly »

Last time i landed there it was about 125.00 off hours, but it also had a de icing surcharge (did not need deice in July) and cost 75.00 to open the door at the fbo. that was enough....that was a few years back.
---------- ADS -----------

JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by JasonE »

I was recently going through the logs on a J3C-65. Found a ferry permit dated 1971 to fly it out of YYZ. Could you imagine a Cub lining up there now flying NORDO?

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
valleyboy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by valleyboy »

I got my initial instrument rating doing ILS and touch and goes on rwy 28 in Malton and yes went nordo to the island and Malton in a J3 - YYZ was on a aircraft import and YTZ just for something to do on several occasions, had to stay west of hwy 10 to the lake shore and follow the shore to the island and look for the tower lights. Much fun was had in a nordo cub. :smt040

I was even there when the Beatles came in but they took them off the airport by another exit. I didn't care cuz we were looking for and watching the fainting girls -- haha

Black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight
http://www.blackair.ca
P180
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by P180 »

valleyboy wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:44 am I got my initial instrument rating doing ILS and touch and goes on rwy 28 in Malton and yes went nordo to the island and Malton in a J3 - YYZ was on a aircraft import and YTZ just for something to do on several occasions, had to stay west of hwy 10 to the lake shore and follow the shore to the island and look for the tower lights. Much fun was had in a nordo cub. :smt040

I was even there when the Beatles came in but they took them off the airport by another exit. I didn't care cuz we were looking for and watching the fainting girls -- haha

I remember see the Avro Arrow there I also got my instrument rating from there also Transports office was in the Millard hanger.Thats a few years back..

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Cool pics. Anyone have any more? Love history....

valleyboy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by valleyboy »

google malton airport/images

Black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight
http://www.blackair.ca

Return to “General Comments”