IS TRANSPORT CANADA OPEN?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

yannickgarcha
Rank 0
Rank 0

IS TRANSPORT CANADA OPEN?

Post by yannickgarcha »

Hi
I called TC three weeks ago concerning my first class one medical and I was told to call them back two weeks later. I have been trying to reach them but it seems that there is no one picking up the telephone at the ontario region. Is there anything I can do to contact them?
---------- ADS -----------

Caterpillar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: IS TRANSPORT CANADA OPEN?

Post by Caterpillar »

It’s closed

Since I’m flying the King Air, does that qualify me to fly the Queen of the skies?
Civic
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Civic »

So how do we communicate with matters? Email the certain department?

PilotDAR
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by PilotDAR »

Many TC people are working from home. I have found them to be reasonably responsive. If you have a number, phone it, you may be forwarded. Or, email.

Caterpillar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Caterpillar »

You need to contact the person directly (like an inspector)

Since I’m flying the King Air, does that qualify me to fly the Queen of the skies?
A Regulator
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by A Regulator »

Each TCC office has an email address ie commercial operations, aircraft and registration all have separate ones and then the email that is sent is logged in and sent to the proper person. Last i heard the licences are done by any office in Canada.

chipmunk
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by chipmunk »

If you call TC Medical they have an email address listed on the voicemail. Don’t forget the E at the end of the French “civile”. They responded within a couple of days.

Victory
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Victory »

chipmunk wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:05 pm If you call TC Medical they have an email address listed on the voicemail. Don’t forget the E at the end of the French “civile”. They responded within a couple of days.
Could you please type out the whole email address if you know it? I can't understand the French part. It's ontcivilaviationmedicine-____________@tc.gc.ca

chipmunk
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by chipmunk »

Sure thing - you'd think they would abbreviate it but no...

ONTCivilAviationMedicine-MedicineAeronautiqueCivile@tc.gc.ca

Victory
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Victory »

Thanks so much..

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Gilles Hudicourt »

yannickgarcha wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:50 am Hi
I called TC three weeks ago concerning my first class one medical and I was told to call them back two weeks later. I have been trying to reach them but it seems that there is no one picking up the telephone at the ontario region. Is there anything I can do to contact them?
I wrote to them to ask some information and received a reply to my question.

gtappl
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gtappl »

chipmunk wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:54 am Sure thing - you'd think they would abbreviate it but no...

The have to put both languages otherwise the french will sue

https://globalnews.ca/news/5833286/air- ... ge-rights/

NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NotDirty! »

gtappl wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 am
chipmunk wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:54 am Sure thing - you'd think they would abbreviate it but no...

Back when I had management access to an exchange server, you were able to create multiple aliases for one account... that is you could have multiple addresses for the same person... so they should be able to have much shorter addresses while maintaining bilingual access. In my case, for example, I gave the chief pilot the address “cp@airline.com” in addition to his main address that followed company protocols (“athirteenletterlongname@airline.com”). This made it much simpler to share his address, a lot lower chance of a typo creeping in, and it also meant that when he retired, the next CP could have the cp email alias moved to his account, so anybody with an old contact email could still reach a valid person.

At the same time, can you imagine TC not taking the most convoluted and onerous approach to anything as mundane as email addresses!

gtappl
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gtappl »

NotDirty! wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:20 am
gtappl wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 am

Back when I had management access to an exchange server, you were able to create multiple aliases for one account... that is you could have multiple addresses for the same person... so they should be able to have much shorter addresses while maintaining bilingual access. In my case, for example, I gave the chief pilot the address “cp@airline.com” in addition to his main address that followed company protocols (“athirteenletterlongname@airline.com”). This made it much simpler to share his address, a lot lower chance of a typo creeping in, and it also meant that when he retired, the next CP could have the cp email alias moved to his account, so anybody with an old contact email could still reach a valid person.

At the same time, can you imagine TC not taking the most convoluted and onerous approach to anything as mundane as email addresses!
The issue is if you post an address somewhere and end up only putting the english version or mis spell the french it's a lot more likely get them sued than fucking up the single address

chipmunk
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by chipmunk »

"ONTCAM-MAC" satisfies both english and french and is simple... maybe it was taken already. :)

RatherBeFlying
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RatherBeFlying »

I had my medical done on March 9 and decided it was time to downgrade from Category 1 to 3. The doctor said TC would send me a sticker. A few weeks ago I phoned and was informed the RAMO office had received the report and passed it to one of their doctors.

Since then, nothing after 65 days.

I am tempted to delay my $55 check for an equivalent period.

RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by RedAndWhiteBaron »

Mine was printed today, according to the online portal, but not processed yet, so I assume they're open.
Screenshot from 2020-05-14 20-14-08.png
Screenshot from 2020-05-14 20-14-08.png (10.83 KiB) Viewed 3488 times

I will dance the sky on laughter-silvered wings.
Laythe
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Laythe »

Does anybody know if and when their exam centers will open, been studying for the inrat for like 2 months now would really like to take the test.

Pilotdaddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pilotdaddy »

Laythe wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:53 am Does anybody know if and when their exam centers will open, been studying for the inrat for like 2 months now would really like to take the test.

I emailed them asking the same and they do not yet have a firm date. By emailing them, you'll get notified when they open up - aviation.ont@tc.gc.ca

Last edited by Pilotdaddy on Fri May 15, 2020 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pilotdaddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pilotdaddy »

RedAndWhiteBaron wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:15 pm Mine was printed today, according to the online portal, but not processed yet, so I assume they're open.

Screenshot from 2020-05-14 20-14-08.png
Awesome! Didn't know they had an online portal...

Not that there's any rush now... but in the past, I was able to go to Yonge/Sheppard and got them to print it off on the spot after getting approved, versus waiting for it in the mail (yes, I was that eager).

Return to “General Comments”