Edo 2790's

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Torn
Rank 1
Rank 1

Edo 2790's

Post by Torn »

Hope someone can shed some light for me... I have a 185 with edo 2790's and when I park it and don't fly for a bit(week or so) the hydrallic pressure bleeds off so when airborne and I select gear up it just runs hydraulic pump for very long time and doesn't bring gear up and lock.... I have to cycle gear and select gear down and then lock them and then select gear up and it works great thereafter until it sits again... If I rotate gear down knob for manual gear extension on on the manual hand pump and pump approx 20-30 stokes until stiffens up essentially it bleeds the air out and works fine and doesn't do it so I when I park for extended periods air is somehow getting into the hydralic system. Is this would be normal? I would assume not...? What could be the issue or where the air could be getting into the system? Could it be the tension cylinders?
---------- ADS -----------

BGH
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Edo 2790's

Post by BGH »

Start with the easy stuff;Any fluid leaks,or puddling under the Amphibs?Does the reservoir fluid level drop after each event?When cycling the gear does the sound of the pump fluctuate up & down?How old is the pump?Any wetness near the pump,or in the fuselage?

Daryl

who me ?
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Edo 2790's

Post by who me ? »

Have you cleaned the hydraulic filter, in the hydraulic tank recently ?

Return to “General Comments”