Surplus of instructors?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Civic
Rank 2
Rank 2

Surplus of instructors?

Post by Civic »

I assume with the layoffs how many will return to instructing whenever the schools reopen ?
---------- ADS -----------

Caterpillar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Surplus of instructors?

Post by Caterpillar »

Lots of Encore new hires from the last 2 years were instructors with no prior “commercial” experience.

So yes I think a lot of class 3 will try to go back to their instructor jobs.

Since I’m flying the King Air, does that qualify me to fly the Queen of the skies?
doiwannabeapilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by doiwannabeapilot »

A source told me that the new hires in the last year had TT averages in the mid to high 2000's.
They weren't C-172 instructors. They were commercial pilots.
Caterpillar wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:47 pm Lots of Encore new hires from the last 2 years were instructors with no prior “commercial” experience.

Caterpillar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Caterpillar »

doiwannabeapilot wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:08 pm A source told me that the new hires in the last year had TT averages in the mid to high 2000's.
They weren't C-172 instructors. They were commercial pilots.
Caterpillar wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:47 pm Lots of Encore new hires from the last 2 years were instructors with no prior “commercial” experience.

I can tell you for a fact that a lot of new hires were 1000 hr instructors. Lots from Quebec and in the Ontario region. And this is from the last 2 years of hire.

Since I’m flying the King Air, does that qualify me to fly the Queen of the skies?
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

I wonder if the average quality of instruction will rise or fall, given all the exposure to airline operations these instructors will have had. Honestly, it could go either way.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
dialdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by dialdriver »

Based on what I have seen in the right seat recently, it can't get any worse.

yhz41
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by yhz41 »

photofly wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:22 pm I wonder if the average quality of instruction will rise or fall, given all the exposure to airline operations these instructors will have had. Honestly, it could go either way.
Silver lining in all of this, I think we will see the quality of instruction go up and those ones who are just in it to get the hours are now disposable.

doiwannabeapilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by doiwannabeapilot »

They can now teach hard landings in a 172 !
Airline operations style!
yhz41 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:59 pm
photofly wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:22 pm I wonder if the average quality of instruction will rise or fall, given all the exposure to airline operations these instructors will have had. Honestly, it could go either way.
Silver lining in all of this, I think we will see the quality of instruction go up and those ones who are just in it to get the hours are now disposable.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

dialdriver wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:46 pm Based on what I have seen in the right seat recently, it can't get any worse.
And now those people from the right seat are going to be teaching...?

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.

Return to “General Comments”