Medicals

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

160tonoaha
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Medicals

Post by 160tonoaha »

What about those lads that just turned 30 this year, and need an ECG this round. Is the attestation enough? I can see TC has thought this one through. :D

Not that I think an ECG at 30 should be necessary.
---------- ADS -----------

ARGO
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ARGO »

160tonoaha wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:37 pm What about those lads that just turned 30 this year, and need an ECG this round. Is the attestation enough? I can see TC has thought this one through. :D

Not that I think an ECG at 30 should be necessary.

The way I have read it, routine testing (ECG’s, urine etc.) isn’t required until your next full examination.

garfield
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by garfield »

Scuderia wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:34 pm Note that the website with e-mail addresses to use for submission has some typos.

The address for Pacific Region bounced. Resent fixing the misspelling of "civil" in the English portion of the abominably long e-mail and it seems to have worked.

https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/aviati ... n_medicine
Did it worked out with civil instead of civile?

I've tried with differents adresses and it bounced everytime. What would be the correct spelling?

ONTCivilAviationMedicine-MedecineAeronautiqueCivile@tc.gc.ca original one
ONTCivilAviationMedicine-MedecineAeronautiqueCivil@tc.gc.ca correct one?

thank you

twa22
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by twa22 »

garfield wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:43 am
Scuderia wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:34 pm Note that the website with e-mail addresses to use for submission has some typos.

The address for Pacific Region bounced. Resent fixing the misspelling of "civil" in the English portion of the abominably long e-mail and it seems to have worked.

https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/aviati ... n_medicine
Did it worked out with civil instead of civile?

I've tried with differents adresses and it bounced everytime. What would be the correct spelling?

ONTCivilAviationMedicine-MedecineAeronautiqueCivile@tc.gc.ca original one
ONTCivilAviationMedicine-MedecineAeronautiqueCivil@tc.gc.ca correct one?

thank you
I sent it to ONTCivilAviationMedicine-MedecineAeronautiqueCivile@tc.gc.ca and didn't have any email bounce back, I just got an automatic reply with due to covid 19 blabber

twa22
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by twa22 »

7ECA wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:02 pm
twa22 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:22 pm Why do they have to always make it so complicated...
The person I was talking to blamed ICAO. Coming from Transport Canada, that's kind of funny. :smt008
LOL

talk about irony...

twa22
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by twa22 »

Well, TC isn't very useful but again, not surprising. The ontario region phone line doesn't even accept calls, automated message just says to email or leave a voicemail... well if I can't seem to get clarification from a live TC rep I guess I'll just go with whatever is written on the new exemption. As far as i'm concerned, I signed the papers and sent them a copy so I'm good for another year

bobcaygeon
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by bobcaygeon »

I've been on the weekly TC COVID calls and the chief medical officer has confirmed if a test like ECG is routine and as per the regs (age based, etc) and not due to a medical condition then it's not required at this time. The attestation is sufficient

Return to “General Comments”