TC COVID-19 Exemptions

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

twa22
Rank 5
Rank 5

TC COVID-19 Exemptions

Post by twa22 »

https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/initiatives/cov ... ation.html

The above link gives all the current exemptions from the CARs due to COVID-19

Figured i'd post it since i'm sure there are many outstanding questions. Probably most common one is about medicals these days

Hope it helps
---------- ADS -----------

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: TC COVID-19 Exemptions

Post by co-joe »

So the way I read that, pardon me if this has been discussed a lot, since my Cat 1 medical expires in that time period, no action is required on my part if I were to need to use that medical?

twa22
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by twa22 »

co-joe wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:20 am So the way I read that, pardon me if this has been discussed a lot, since my Cat 1 medical expires in that time period, no action is required on my part if I were to need to use that medical?
Basically, however it doesn't really specify what happens after August 1st... Seems pretty vague on their end, but it's not surprising

I would imagine by August 1st, TC will either have extended the exemption, or given the go ahead for medicals to be completed. What I fear is if TC says a week before August 1st, medicals are allowed to be performed, and no pilot after August 1st with an expired medical will be exempted any longer, that will screw alot of people, because you can imagine majority of CAME will be booked solid probably for months. While it's true that majority of pilots are currently layed off, it doesn't mean that they will let their medicals lapse... Hopefully TC uses their head and makes the transition smooth once things open up, like giving first priority to those who've been expired the longest

Kejidog
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Kejidog »

Anyone wondering how and if they have an actual plan to deal with the inevitable backlogs this is going to create. And how we will be able to fly when it already took over three or four months on a good year to get stamps, endorsements, ownership transfers.

I remember in 2016 it took 195 days to get a CofA. Be prepared for a real shitsow of bureaucracy incompetence.

I am still waiting for a reply from astroboy minister About my complaint of the so called “service standard”. Just because they say they have one apparently makes it all good to give shitty service.

RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by RedAndWhiteBaron »

I can imagine anyone who's not unionized will get the short end of the stick with this. Not that unions are great - I could go either way on that. But boy, were I gainfully employed and looking at the expiration of my medical, I'd kill right now to have either a good employer or a good union behind me...

I will dance the sky on laughter-silvered wings.

Return to “General Comments”