Private aircraft import

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Private aircraft import

Post by boeingboy »

AirFrame wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:52 am
digits_ wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:59 am Does anyone have a lead on a trustworthy AME to import a private single engine plane in the Vancouver area? Plane is located in Oregon, so it would probably be easiest to import it into Vancouver and then fly it to Manitoba. Or maybe Calgary would be feasible as well.
I'd recommend Langley Aero Structures at the Langley Airport. They have done numerous imports.
Does the tax due at import depend on which province you are performing the import in? Or is it GST only initially, and then Pst when you declare it in the province it will be based in?
Tax is paid to the CBSA agency at the location of import. PST and GST are collected (or HST, as applicable).
And I would say avoid LAS at all costs
---------- ADS -----------

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Since we are being very thorough here, would it be correct to assume importing a plane from Europe should be easier, since they are -in pretty much every aspect of aviation- more strict than the US and even Canada?

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Importing a plane from the US is very very very very easy. Just pick the right plane.

Europe? I have no idea; but getting a small SEP here isn't going to be cheap, and they usually go in the other direction.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.

Return to “General Comments”