Unable to Receive Chiropractic due to Travel

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

whistlerboy02
Rank 3
Rank 3

Unable to Receive Chiropractic due to Travel

Post by whistlerboy02 »

My Chiropractor refuses to see me due to my recent travel (which is totally their right). Has anyone bumped into this? Has anyone found any guidance for for health care providers related to treating essential workers?
I expect to be out of the country weekly for the foreseable future and wouldn't mind getting adjustments.
I am located in Ontario
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Unable to Receive Chiropractic due to Travel

Post by photofly »

Chiropractors are regulated health professionals and are required to follow the guidelines of their college. You don't say what province you are in; but, for instance, here is the latest requirement for Ontario chiroprators from the CCO:
https://www.cco.on.ca/wp-content/upload ... 020CL2.pdf

If you've travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days that's a "positive" screening result (p3). Requirements are based on risk, and are not waived based on the essential or otherwise worker status of the patient.

The guidance goes on:
Members may offer clinical assessment and examination to patients who screen positively only if they are able to follow Droplet and Contact precautions and are knowledgeable on how to properly don and doff PPE. This includes the following PPE: gloves, isolation gown, surgical/procedural mask and eye protection (goggles or face shield). Please see the COVID-19 Operational Requirements: Health Sector Restart Document sections on Positive Screening: Providing Care and Occupational Health & Safety sections for further details.Members must take enhanced measures for PPE, infection control, physical separation and cleaning and disinfection of such patients.
That's a lot of grief you're asking your chiro to go through.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

Just don't mention that you travelled.

AuxBatOn
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by AuxBatOn »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:36 am Just don't mention that you travelled.
Wow...

Going for the deck at corner
co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

You can't see a dentist or I'm guessing physio, and even GP are probably out as well?

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

As far as a GP goes, it probably depends on how serious it is, but you can attend an emergency department in a hospital: they have all the required PPE and know how to use it.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:36 am Just don't mention that you travelled.
I don't lie to people, especially my health care providers I've known a long time.

Don't know your policy.

Return to “General Comments”