AC and WJ to Start Using Middle Seats Again

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

AC and WJ to Start Using Middle Seats Again

Post by tsgarp »

Just saw on the news that AC and WJ will start using middle seats again. Who here would be will to fly as a pax on a flight like that with no social distancing?
---------- ADS -----------

fishface
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: AC and WJ to Start Using Middle Seats Again

Post by fishface »

Jesus Christ, people actually think one seat spacing actually made a difference? It was all for PR.

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

Pretty much everything around COVID is PR.

fishface
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by fishface »

Agreed!
Anyway, yes, I would fly.

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

How is this even a question?? Absolutely I would. Middle seat all the way

tbayav8er
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tbayav8er »

Yeah, I don't see an issue with it. Especially since everyone has to wear a mask.

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

tsgarp wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:33 pm Who here would be will to fly as a pax on a flight like that with no social distancing?
If it got me to Japan for some of that sweet, sweet Japanese snow? For a decent price, I'd sit between two Texans using seatbelt extenders! (wearing a mask, of course!)

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

No problem.

Don't touch your face.

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

Yep. Full blown PR. :prayer:

People do not like the middle seats unless they are travelling together.
With loads below 60% in cattle class , almost no one would Be booking a middle seat!
Or need to book an aisle or window
Therefore no more $25 seat picking fees.....

By putting the middle seat back, the sheep will pay the seat selection fee again,

6 foor rule does not seem to apply even before the middle seat bookings were restored.

We will wait and see how fast air travel bounces back.

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Did Covid finally stop the airlines from splitting up families with children booked together, to force paying that seat fee?

One of the lower class things I've ever heard of regarding that fee. Not all airlines do this but many have in the past, to get extra $$$

fishface
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by fishface »

trey kule wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:18 am We will wait and see how fast air travel bounces back.
Not to hijack the thread, but I follow Eurocontrol on social media and they post a lot of numbers.
Yesterday saw 12770 flights pass through their system - 38% week over week increase (some 3500 more flights).
Most flights since March 20th. And it’s steadily increasing.
Hopeful optimism!

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

How many stupid things things will you see with covid that make zero sense? Today I was at the splash pad with my kids that is normally not occupied by staff. They now have two life guards staffed all day. Every half hour they turn off the water and go around spraying sanitation fluid on everything. Then they tell the kids they still have to wait 5 minutes before they can play so it can do its work and kill the virus. And then everyone plays as normal. It's 32 degrees out... I laugh. All this stupid shit. I could just about guarantee you could do this at 50k splash pads around the world and it would not have prevented the spread of covid once. If my kids going to catch a virus at the pad it will be from touching another kid, and statistically it's so unlikely the fact our tax dollars fund this stupidity is ridiculous. This is the kind of stupid shit going on today. The world will spend trillions of dollars on useless shit when the real solutions are very simple. Isolate if you are high risk. Wear a mask to prevent spreading germs and make a point to wash your hands often. That could pretty much cover everything to tackle the virus. Yet we will jump through hoops for the next year because it makes someone feel safe.

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

It's the inconsistency that makes no sense.

We are told constantly to socially distance ourselves, minimum 6 feet/2 meters apart. There are red lines painted everywhere to separate us, every second seat in the airport terminal is blocked off, YET magically we can sit next to each other on an airplane?

I get it, the industry has been devastated and we all want to get back to work. But how is anyone supposed to feel comfortable with these mixed messages?

PS I see on the news tonight a report of possible covid infections on some YVR flights, plus a recent YHZ flight. So how safe is flying?

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Because it's a compromise.

In the grocery store aisle we can stand apart without an effect on anything, the price, the store capacity... so we take the slight advantage in prevention we can achieve.

On the airplane we can't sit apart without completely blowing the economics of the operation and people can't afford to pay for full business class aircraft. The risk is mitigated with excessive cleaning/disinfecting and precautions like masks and personal hygiene packs, plus the aircraft have hepa filters.

So put your hands in your pockets, don't touch your face, wear a mask, and get on with your life without worry while the rest of this "pandemic" burns out... and stop watching CNN/MSM they're just hooking you in...

Last edited by altiplano on Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gannet167
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Gannet167 »

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

I think I touch my mask every 2 minutes to keep adjusting the damn thing

47north
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 47north »

[quote=Donald post_id=1120920 time=1593747568 user_id=87
PS I see on the news tonight a report of possible covid infections on some YVR flights, plus a recent YHZ flight. So how safe is flying?
[/quote]

Unfortunately the government and the media put out this information, but there is never any follow-up for the general public to know if anyone actually contracted the virus due to being in close contact with someone that has tested positive. Is it really unsafe or not? We’ll never know.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

fish4life wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:38 pm I think I touch my mask every 2 minutes to keep adjusting the damn thing
Mines always half pulled down so I can actually breathe. When I deadhead now I have a coffee with me and some snacks to nibble on so I don't have to wear the mask the whole time.

Let’s Go Brandon
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

fishface wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:53 am
trey kule wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:18 am We will wait and see how fast air travel bounces back.
Not to hijack the thread, but I follow Eurocontrol on social media and they post a lot of numbers.
Yesterday saw 12770 flights pass through their system - 38% week over week increase (some 3500 more flights).
Most flights since March 20th. And it’s steadily increasing.
Hopeful optimism!
YYZ was pretty busy yesterday. Nothing compared to February but way more people traveling than in April or May. Hopefully things are turning around.

Let’s Go Brandon
Blackdog0301
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Blackdog0301 »

Inverted2 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:21 am
fish4life wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:38 pm I think I touch my mask every 2 minutes to keep adjusting the damn thing
Mines always half pulled down so I can actually breathe. When I deadhead now I have a coffee with me and some snacks to nibble on so I don't have to wear the mask the whole time.
Exactly what I’ve done too. Just keep a drink in hand, even if you don’t drink anything. Any issues? Just hold up your drink. :D

Return to “General Comments”