Open the door, no thanks

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Open the door, no thanks

Post by Rockie »

It gets extended 30 days at a time, but the first wave has resumed its exponential rise which will only get worse, not better, in the fall. I predict there will not be an open border until at least 3-4 months after a new administration takes over. Next April at best. The worst does not bear thinking about.

What they should be talking about is charging Trump and every one of his enablers at every level of government with a minimum of 50,000 counts of criminal negligence causing death. Every person that needlessly dies from this day on should be added to the list.
---------- ADS -----------

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Rockie wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:11 am It gets extended 30 days at a time, but the first wave has resumed its exponential rise which will only get worse, not better, in the fall. I predict there will not be an open border until at least 3-4 months after a new administration takes over. Next April at best. The worst does not bear thinking about.

What they should be talking about is charging Trump and every one of his enablers at every level of government with a minimum of 50,000 counts of criminal negligence causing death. Every person that needlessly dies from this day on should be added to the list.
I say charge left wing NYC mayor who was running for the nomination for president for the Dems. Also charge Nancy Pelosi and every one of her enablers with a minimum amount of 50,000 deaths.

This news report below is almost a full month after Trump put in the measure to restrict flights from China(Jan 31) with a local biased reporter enamored over Nancy's feel good actions....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFCzoXhNM6c

Here is an article about what the left wing mayor of NYC said as the virus got worse and worse...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ronavirus/

You can read this article as well after Trump restricted flights from China......
https://www.newsday.com/news/new-york/c ... 1.41650522
Also in this report, a statement from the governor people like Rockie call a hero....."Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo on Friday urged New Yorkers to keep the threat of virus in perspective. "We went through this before: Zika virus, Ebola, et cetera. But let's have some connection to the reality of the situation," he said. "Catching the flu right now is a much greater risk than anything that has anything to do with coronavirus."

Here is a tweet with a good video to watch on March 10 from the wonderful Democrat mayor of NYC about his wife named Chirlane Mccray(who is described as an activist on Wikipedia) visiting a restaurant to show how open and accommodating they are and of course, how racist the rest of us are by doing what I did. Yes folks, I had plenty of layovers in NYC and it was in Flushing right in Chinatown. Do you think I would have gone out to a Chinese market/restaurant at that time. But the mayor and his activist wife would call anybody on March 11 having my opinion as a racist. This is the mindset of these people, and now...they are defunding the police.

https://twitter.com/nycmayor/status/123 ... 36?lang=en

So why does Rockie say what he says? Because he is a fraud, just like all his radical supporters wanting a revolution. Maybe we should charge Rockie.

tsgarp wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:02 pm
Rockie wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:56 pm If that’s what you guys do for sport you aren’t very good at it.
....wait for it....
Done.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

pelmet wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:19 am
Rockie wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:56 pm If that’s what you guys do for sport you aren’t very good at it.
....wait for it....
Done.
[/quote]

Afraid not, making me laugh isn't making me mad. Better get a coach.

By the way why do you call it NYC, why not New Amsterdam?

Launchpad1
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Launchpad1 »

I heard something on the news yesterday though which left me wondering if the news person was right. He said that the border closure between the US and Canada for non essential travel only applied to people crossing over by land. He claimed that it didn't apply to anyone travelling by air. So if some Texan corona cowboy wanted to jump on a flight to Canada for a vacation he could totally do so. Anyone know if this is correct?

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Launchpad1 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:50 am I heard something on the news yesterday though which left me wondering if the news person was right. He said that the border closure between the US and Canada for non essential travel only applied to people crossing over by land. He claimed that it didn't apply to anyone travelling by air. So if some Texan corona cowboy wanted to jump on a flight to Canada for a vacation he could totally do so. Anyone know if this is correct?
Not correct. This government site details the travel restrictions with a quick link to the bottom that specifically addresses entering Canada from the US. The differentiations have to do with discretionary / non discretionary travel and citizenship. Mode of travel is not a factor.

The US will have their own entry requirements which are probably different from Canadian requirements. I haven’t checked since discretionary travel to an infectious petri dish is at the bottom of my list of activities.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/ ... dvice.html

Last edited by Rockie on Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

Launchpad1 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:50 am I heard something on the news yesterday though which left me wondering if the news person was right. He said that the border closure between the US and Canada for non essential travel only applied to people crossing over by land. He claimed that it didn't apply to anyone travelling by air. So if some Texan corona cowboy wanted to jump on a flight to Canada for a vacation he could totally do so. Anyone know if this is correct?
No, that is incorrect, it doesn't matter if you come in be land, air, sea or spaceship. If you don't have a valid reason you will be turned away. A port of entry is a port of entry.

Launchpad1
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Launchpad1 »

Thanks for that, I was sure what you're both saying is correct.

Just remembered it wasn't the news guy who said it, it was some so called aviation expert they were interviewing. It was in regards to Westjet saying they are going to be flying to some destinations in the US in August.

Posthumane
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Posthumane »

While US citizens can not enter Canada for non-essential travel by either land or air, this has been shown to not be the case for Canadians going to the US. While people were turned away at land borders, there have been numerous people still travelling to the US by air. Various news sites covered the discrepancy about a month ago.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/u-s-tr ... -1.5607741

"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it." -George Bernard Shaw
flyguy73
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flyguy73 »

pelmet wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:19 am
I say charge left wing NYC mayor who was running for the nomination for president for the Dems. Also charge Nancy Pelosi and every one of her enablers with a minimum amount of 50,000 deaths.

This news report below is almost a full month after Trump put in the measure to restrict flights from China(Jan 31) with a local biased reporter enamored over Nancy's feel good actions....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFCzoXhNM6c

Here is an article about what the left wing mayor of NYC said as the virus got worse and worse...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ronavirus/

You can read this article as well after Trump restricted flights from China......
https://www.newsday.com/news/new-york/c ... 1.41650522
Also in this report, a statement from the governor people like Rockie call a hero....."Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo on Friday urged New Yorkers to keep the threat of virus in perspective. "We went through this before: Zika virus, Ebola, et cetera. But let's have some connection to the reality of the situation," he said. "Catching the flu right now is a much greater risk than anything that has anything to do with coronavirus."

Here is a tweet with a good video to watch on March 10 from the wonderful Democrat mayor of NYC about his wife named Chirlane Mccray(who is described as an activist on Wikipedia) visiting a restaurant to show how open and accommodating they are and of course, how racist the rest of us are by doing what I did. Yes folks, I had plenty of layovers in NYC and it was in Flushing right in Chinatown. Do you think I would have gone out to a Chinese market/restaurant at that time. But the mayor and his activist wife would call anybody on March 11 having my opinion as a racist. This is the mindset of these people, and now...they are defunding the police.

https://twitter.com/nycmayor/status/123 ... 36?lang=en

So why does Rockie say what he says? Because he is a fraud, just like all his radical supporters wanting a revolution. Maybe we should charge Rockie.

tsgarp wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:02 pm
....wait for it....
Done.
Again with the inaccuracies. Bill de Blasio is the mayor of New York, but he wasn't running as a candidate for the presidency. Michael Bloomberg was the mayor of NYC until 2013 and was running as candidate, but he had nothing to do with this coronavirus or any deaths in NYC long-term care homes. You really need to understand the news before you comment on it. It's kind of like Trump blaming Obama for all the broken COVID-19 tests. There was no coronavirus in 2016, so how could Obama be involved?

It is comical that you are blaming the current Governor of NY and Mayor of NYC for comments that were made following the advice of the President who downplayed the virus. The President has the expertise of the CDC, NIH, FDA, Homeland Security, etc, etc, all telling him that the coronavirus should be taken seriously, yet he continued to say stupid things like it will "go away, like a miracle". The Cuomo and de Blasio have none of these resources, but can only repeat what his Supreme Leader says (based on what they assume was good advice), yet you jump on them? Come on already and smarten up! Who's the real criminal here?

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

Rockie wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:11 am What they should be talking about is charging Trump and every one of his enablers at every level of government with a minimum of 50,000 counts of criminal negligence causing death. Every person that needlessly dies from this day on should be added to the list.
Sure, as long as the Democrat Govs who forced nursing homes to take COVID19 patients get charged with first degree murder......

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

flyguy73 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:24 am The President has the expertise of the CDC, NIH, FDA, Homeland Security, etc, etc, all telling him that the coronavirus should be taken seriously, yet he continued to say stupid things like it will "go away, like a miracle".
It will go away like a miracle.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5024805

Starting Wednesday, hospitals are no longer to send data to the CDC, instead, it is to go to the White House and will no longer be available to the public.

Just watch, like magic, the numbers will now start to drop at an amazing pace....

flyguy73
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flyguy73 »

goldeneagle wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:03 am
flyguy73 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:24 am The President has the expertise of the CDC, NIH, FDA, Homeland Security, etc, etc, all telling him that the coronavirus should be taken seriously, yet he continued to say stupid things like it will "go away, like a miracle".
It will go away like a miracle.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5024805

Starting Wednesday, hospitals are no longer to send data to the CDC, instead, it is to go to the White House and will no longer be available to the public.

Just watch, like magic, the numbers will now start to drop at an amazing pace....
Exactly.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

They’re killing their own people, now they’re going to cover it up, and not a single Republican has the testicles to even protest much less stop it. What a useless, criminal bunch of invertebrates.

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

I guess the CDC will have to swap to a “COVID burden estimate” just like they’ve done with every previous ILI, ever.

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
455tt
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 455tt »

"You can always count on the Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else." - Winston Churchill

Capt. Underpants
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Capt. Underpants »

This is what you get when a nation thinks with their bank accounts first. Americans hate paying taxes so much, they’d rather see millions of their fellows die than pay one cent more in tax. All because a bunch of radicals dumped tea into Boston harbour.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

flyguy73 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:24 am

Again with the inaccuracies. Bill de Blasio is the mayor of New York, but he wasn't running as a candidate for the presidency. Michael Bloomberg was the mayor of NYC until 2013 and was running as candidate, but he had nothing to do with this coronavirus or any deaths in NYC long-term care homes. You really need to understand the news before you comment on it.
Buddy , I understand the news way better than you. You just make yourself look foolish when you admonish someone for not knowing the news when you actually prove your lack of knowledge of it. So, for your knowledge about Bill de Blasio officially running for president, read this from NBC......

"2020 ELECTIONS
New York Mayor Bill de Blasio drops out of race for 2020 Democratic presidential nomination"

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/20/new-yor ... -race.html

By the way...less than 1% support from his party. Not hard to see why.
flyguy73 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:24 am It is comical that you are blaming the current Governor of NY and Mayor of NYC for comments that were made following the advice of the President who downplayed the virus. The President has the expertise of the CDC, NIH, FDA, Homeland Security, etc, etc, all telling him that the coronavirus should be taken seriously, yet he continued to say stupid things like it will "go away, like a miracle". The Cuomo and de Blasio have none of these resources, but can only repeat what his Supreme Leader says (based on what they assume was good advice), yet you jump on them? Come on already and smarten up! Who's the real criminal here?
What is comical is that Trump gets blame from you for any downplaying but the Dem leaders get none despite all the evidence I showed you. Actually it is pathetic. Governor Cuomo actually had the incredible stupidity to put coronavirus patients into old folks homes when hospitals were overflowing and barely even used that big ship that Trump brought up to New York in record time. What would you and Rockie say if Trump had done that? Demand criminal prosecution no doubt. But...it was a Dem governor and mayor so no problem....he must be a hero. As if they had no info from the CDC or other agencies when the mayors stupid wife was meeting in March in the restaurant as seen in the video. And I was smart enough to avoid areas likely to have Chinese foreign nationals hanging out(Chinese markets back in February, so a mayor of one of the world's largest cities and the speaker of the house should know better as well(and not encourage such activity), in between their accusations of racism.

But as we have seen, you have proven that you are the one with much less knowledge about the news, so I am not surprised.

shimmydampner
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by shimmydampner »

Another really fun aviation thread. Cool. Cool cool cool.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

pelmet wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:25 pm And I was smart enough to avoid areas likely to have Chinese foreign nationals hanging out
Good thinking Pelmet. Everybody knows only Chinese foreign nationals fly from China, and additional kudos for knowing where they hang out. If half of us were as gobsmacking smart as you we wouldn't be in the mess.

Last edited by Rockie on Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

“If you’re going to do something, do it right.”

When Trump put the governors in charge whilst simultaneously politicizing the whole situation (most notably the wearing of masks), I knew America was doomed. Now they are paying the price for doing it so wrong.

Rockie wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:50 am
pelmet wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:25 pm And I was smart enough to avoid areas likely to have Chinese foreign nationals hanging out
Good thinking Pelmet. Everybody knows only Chinese foreign nationals fly from China, and additional kudos for knowing where they hang out. If everybody were as gobsmacking smart as you we wouldn't be in the mess.
Way for pelmet to lose any scrap of credibility of credibility he had left lol. Jeez. If that’s a real quote of his, I am flabbergasted.

Return to “General Comments”