Convert Logbook to Map Animation

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Convert Logbook to Map Animation

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

I am wondering if someone knows of a program where you can easily input your flight's date and route and have it animate over Google Earth or other map.I just use an old-school logbook as opposed to a digital one, so I'm unsure if the paid logbook programs like LogBook Pro have a feature like this built-in.

Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

Turbolag
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Convert Logbook to Map Animation

Post by Turbolag »

Logten Pro used to be able to export to google maps. I believe that is no longer possible due to changes google made.

I left Logten Pro for several reasons (mainly cost) and went back to a newer version of my old Excel based logbook. Excel can take lat long points and put them over a map. I’ve played with it a bit and got some promising results. To get it to function you do need to know what your doing when it comes to excel. You need the identifiers for the airports which can then search a database which you would download into the file for coordinates, which can then be referenced by the program and put them over a map. A bit of work but works pretty good.

I’m sure other electronic logbooks may have some options for mapping. Google Earth was the best in the past. Too bad it stopped working.

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Convert Logbook to Map Animation

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

Thanks for the reply. I have been playing around with flightmapper.io and www.arelplane.com and www.gcmap.com but none of them seem to have the "amimation" im looking for that shows each flight drawing a line from A to B and then another line B to C and so on.

It's the amimation part I'm looking for.

Return to “General Comments”