Airplane stuck in the states

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

anofly
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Airplane stuck in the states

Post by anofly »

know a fella,
He drove to border
explained annual situation,to US border type.
said needed plane for work
said canadian govt gave him an extension on annual and showed the "copa type article"
have a safe trip sir.
coming back, 14 days in quarantine, and they phoned him a few times to make sure he was....
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

How did he get the car home?

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
tuqi
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tuqi »

The Public Health Agency of Canada will return email enquiries requesting assistance interpreting emergency Orders in Council made under the Quarantine Act. The invitation to make enquiries together with the email address can be found at:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/ ... #emergency

JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by JasonE »

You can fly commercial into the USA without any issue. I did it this week to pickup a vehicle.

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
flyingwithpecos
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flyingwithpecos »

I have a plane I just bought that is in Minneapolis and I want to fly it back rather than put it in a container. I read the previous topic chats. So has anyone else got a provisional c of r in the last year to get plane back? If so can you send me the process for doing so. Thanks.

Cessna 180
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cessna 180 »

I don't know why there is a question on whether or not a pilot on any plane is exempt, it's pretty clear they are.

OIC 2021-0174 under the Quarantine Act says:
OIC 2021-0174 wrote:crew member means

(a) a crew member as defined in subsection 101.01‍(1) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations or a person who enters Canada only to become such a crew member;

(b) a member of a crew as defined in subsection 3‍(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations or a person who enters Canada only to become such a member of a crew; or

(c) a person who is re-entering Canada after having left to participate in mandatory training in relation to the operation of a conveyance and who is required by their employer to return to work as a crew member on a conveyance within the 14-day period that begins on the day on which they return to Canada. (membre d’équipage)
Canadian Aviation Regulations wrote:crew member means a person who is assigned to duty in an aircraft during flight time, or assigned to duty related to the operation of a remotely piloted aircraft system during flight time; (membre d’équipage)
If they really wanted to ban private pilots from flying across the border, they could have, but they didn't. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it law, and just because one CBSA agent says you have to quarantine, doesn't make him correct. They specifically mention the CARs definition of crew, which is anyone flying a plane, a flight attendant, loadmaster, mechanic, etc..

geneticistx
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by geneticistx »

A couple things:
I just heard of a GA pilot getting sent to the Trudeau Hilton after arriving back in Canada on a GA flight to the US. Ugly and expensive story.

I suggest you connect with Cardinal Aviation to solve your problem. https://www.cardinalaviation.ca/. RVH will appropriately guide you. I think he has still patriated planes during the pandemic.

It can be done. Without too much issue.

m

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

geneticistx wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:26 am A couple things:
I just heard of a GA pilot getting sent to the Trudeau Hilton after arriving back in Canada on a GA flight to the US. Ugly and expensive story.

m
Do you have some more details about that? Did they give the pilot a reason why he couldn't qualify for the crew exemption?

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by JasonE »

Lots of people are refusing quarantine and paying the fine ($750) rather than the $2500 hotel bill I hear.

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
geneticistx
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by geneticistx »

digits_ wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:29 am

m
Do you have some more details about that? Did they give the pilot a reason why he couldn't qualify for the crew exemption?
GA, non-commercial, non-training, simply a non-essential trip over the border is why he got sent to the clink.. The GA NOTAM does not remove the hotel requirement. It simply states that GA are not restricted to the major airports.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

geneticistx wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:54 pm
digits_ wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:29 am

m
GA, non-commercial, non-training, simply a non-essential trip over the border is why he got sent to the clink.. The GA NOTAM does not remove the hotel requirement. It simply states that GA are not restricted to the major airports.
I'm not talking about the notam. Every quarantine order or guideline I've read soo far has always had flight crew exempt. No difference is made there on commercial vs non commercial. So I'm wondering which rule they used to send him to a hotel.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship

Return to “General Comments”