Westjet mask policy

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Westjet mask policy

Post by rigpiggy »

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/westje ... -1.5703063

I was just called for a corporate gig because some high net worth people aren't going to fly airlines now.
---------- ADS -----------

shimmydampner
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Westjet mask policy

Post by shimmydampner »

Were high net worth people flying on WestJet to begin with? I don't see how this is related.

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

If an airline wants me to wear clothing to cover my junk when I fly somewhere, I wear clothing to cover my junk so I can fly somewhere.
They want me to wear a mask to fly somewhere, I put the mask on to fly somewhere.

What's the problem here?

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

CL-Skadoo! wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:30 am If an airline wants me to wear clothing to cover my junk when I fly somewhere, I wear clothing to cover my junk so I can fly somewhere.
They want me to wear a mask to fly somewhere, I put the mask on to fly somewhere.

What's the problem here?
Exactly!

I don’t see what the issue is or why this is even news worthy. There’s plenty of businesses in Canada that require masks be worn, including Walmart and large grocery chains. Heck it’s even law in Nova Scotia.

Redneck_pilot86
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Redneck_pilot86 »

Its not just a west jet policy,its law. Those same people are required to wear a mask on their corporate charter too.

The only three things a wingman should ever say: 1. "Two's up" 2. "You're on fire" 3. "I'll take the fat one"
digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Yycjetdriver wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:34 am
CL-Skadoo! wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:30 am If an airline wants me to wear clothing to cover my junk when I fly somewhere, I wear clothing to cover my junk so I can fly somewhere.

What's the problem here?
Exactly!

I don’t see what the issue is or why this is even news worthy. There’s plenty of businesses in Canada that require masks be worn, including Walmart and large grocery chains. Heck it’s even law in Nova Scotia.
You need groceries to survive. The general public doesn't need airplane travel to survive.

If I have choice I'll go to grocery stores that don't require a mask.
If there's no choice, I'll wear a mask.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I bring food with me now. You’re allowed to eat and drink so I get lots of mask off time that way.

Let’s Go Brandon
Prodriver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Prodriver »

Just pay the fine in the store! You should be gone by the time the Heat shows up.

"I need a time machine"
Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Kosiw »

There was a time...not so long ago...that wearing a mask in a business...let say a bank or a retail store or even a plane was for a more nefarious purpose :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Gravity always wins
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

It’s a mask worn temporarily to protect your fellow human beings during a pandemic, and is instrumental in opening and keeping open our economy until more permanent vaccines are developed. The social misfits who refuse to willingly go along with this are a detriment to society that don’t belong near other people.

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

Kosiw wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:30 am There was a time...not so long ago...that wearing a mask in a business...let say a bank or a retail store or even a plane was for a more nefarious purpose :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
There was a time when having access to the sum of human knowledge in the palm of your hand would have made you some kind of god. Times do change, let’s try to keep up.

wan2fly99
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by wan2fly99 »

People are so mind controlled.

Masks are useless. Are you wearing an N-95 high quality with .00001 micron appeture?

Read the science about it.

You are protecting nothing, You are playing into the game of control

What ever happened to face shioelds.

I have to wear because I have to go for groceries.

Flying , no more. Flying 7 or 8 hours with a diaper on my face, NOT.

I will not argue here, just my opinion I think we still leave in a democracy

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

wan2fly99 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:02 am People are so mind controlled.
Funny, that's what I was thinking as I read your post. But not for the reasons you think. The anti-maskers sure have you following them like sheep.

wan2fly99
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by wan2fly99 »

I dont look at anti maskers and the maskers for you to that you follow.
I look at science and read what doctors say from everywhere

Do you know slaves wore masks?

What happened to visors being worn?

Takes the vaccines that are coming out and be safe, do not research what they do

Only problem they will be mandated if you want to function in this society.

Welcome to the new world. Maybe you will like it

On a brighter note, maybe will start doing some flying again. That is what this forum is all about

Keep the blue sky up

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

wan2fly99 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:38 am I look at science
Do you have copies of any peer reviewed papers on the subject? Or are you just repeating what you read online that others call 'the science'.

Some interesting numbers these days. Something to take note of, Richmond has a population demographic that is pre-disposed to wearing masks, while the rest of the lower mainland not so much. I have friends that live there, they were over on the island recently and expressed surprise at how few folks were wearing masks. Now check out the numbers of cases in Richmond as compared to the rest of the greater Vancouver area. The difference in case loads between Richmond and the rest is pretty telling.

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

wan2fly99 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:38 am I dont look at anti maskers and the maskers for you to that you follow.
I look at science and read what doctors say from everywhere

Do you know slaves wore masks?

What happened to visors being worn?

Takes the vaccines that are coming out and be safe, do not research what they do

Only problem they will be mandated if you want to function in this society.

Welcome to the new world. Maybe you will like it

On a brighter note, maybe will start doing some flying again. That is what this forum is all about

Keep the blue sky up
There is more than one kind of slavery. I would say that trying to tie everything to conspiracy theories is a form of it. Indicates a mental weakness, a need for everything to make sense in a sort of childish simpleton way. But hey you'll have lots of company these days at least.

It absolutely astounds me when somebody says that masks don’t work because they aren’t 100% effective. I mean I have to give them that point, because they are not 100% effective. Neither are condoms. But I would rather have a 5% chance of a paternity suit than a +50% chance any day.

I hate being told what to do and treated like a child FAR more than most. And if you can produce a real, credible, beyond-a-doubt scientific study that incontrovertibly proves that masks give zero, I mean NO reduction of infection rates in close quarters, I will listen and actually offer support.

Otherwise, to be so militant against a cheap, painless intervention and choosing "I'M NOT WEARING A MASK" as one's libertarian hill to die on has to be one of the stupidest causes I can think of.

And there's so many things to choose from these days. :mrgreen:

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

Kosiw wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:30 am There was a time...not so long ago...that wearing a mask in a business...let say a bank or a retail store or even a plane was for a more nefarious purpose :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I know right? Every time I have to stop and put my mask on before going into the bank, this little voice in my head says "tell them to put the money in the bag and nobody get's hurt"...

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

wan2fly99 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:02 am You are playing into the game of control
How stupid do you have to be to think governments are using face masks as a means of controlling the population?

How weak do you have to be to have your freewill and self-determination erased by a face mask?

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Let me explain in the simplest way how the science works.
If you walk around naked and someone pees on you, you’ll get wet. If you have pants on and that same person pees on you, your pants get wet but you are partially protected, now if the other person is wearing pants, he will pee in his pants and you will be completely protected, now do you get it?

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

Why is this even an issue?

Why are people so insecure about wearing a face covering? Don't like it then don't go anywhere.

If anyone can produce some actual scientific information that masks are useless then i would consider the point but all you hear is "from studies", ya, which studies?

Like some others have noted, why would you chose a stupid little mask as your hill to die on? How about using all of that hate to get our taxes lowered, talk about being a slave to the system, geez. :roll:

Return to “General Comments”