WJ calls in the Swat Team on Maskless Toddler

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: WJ calls in the Swat Team on Maskless Toddler

Post by Rockie »

Biff2 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:53 am
co-joe wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:20 pm Why is it so fucking hard for people to just do what cabin crew tells them to?
No kidding!!
Obey the rules for f****s sake! Lives are at stake hear you dumbasses!
Use the glory hole as advised by dr Henry is you are in BC!
Stupid idiots need to follow the rules, no matter how stupid they are or how stupid the new gestapo law enforcement are! If the law says babies need masks and hazmat suits then you better get it or else you are the dumbest most selfish a$$hole on the planet! My fears come before common sense cause you dimwits can’t think for yourself!
Wear a mask and save lives!
Don’t EVER EVER question the authorities, they have and never will lie or take advantage of you!
It’s no wonder we need a second lockdown to kill the jobs like the virus. It’s for your own good, trust the experts!
This is why they make it simple.

Mask = fly

No mask = no fly.
---------- ADS -----------

Capt. Underpants
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Capt. Underpants »

co-joe wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:20 pm Why is it so fucking hard for people to just do what cabin crew tells them to?
No kidding!!
Stupid idiots need to follow the rules, no matter how stupid they are or how stupid the new gestapo law enforcement are! If the law says babies need masks and hazmat suits then you better get it or else you are the dumbest most selfish a$$hole on the planet! My fears come before common sense cause you dimwits can’t think for yourself!
Don’t EVER EVER question the authorities, they have and never will lie or take advantage of you!
It’s no wonder we need a second lockdown to kill the jobs like the virus. It’s for your own good, trust the experts!
Gawd I hope you’re not a pilot. This level of daft does not belong on a tricycle, never mind in a cockpit. :roll:

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Capt. Underpants wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:15 am
Gawd I hope you’re not a pilot. This level of daft does not belong on a tricycle, never mind in a cockpit. :roll:
Your trolling detector is seriously in need of a major overhaul, mr underpants.

alkaseltzer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alkaseltzer »

Why aren't all the airline unions uniting on this one? To back up the WestJet crew?

ZERO TOLERANCE. Especially for free loaders on passes and then lying about what happened

The parents should be charged and at the minimum, served with a heavy fine.

If you can't control your 3 yr old, don't risk everyone else. You can't discipline them, don't bring them on board. He knew the rules, he should get fined.

How'd they get past the gate agent is my burning question.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

alkaseltzer wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:33 pm
The parents should be charged and at the minimum, served with a heavy fine.
As in Criminally? With what crime -- talking to the media? and what is your proposed sentence? Flogging? Singing "we are family" in a westjet TV Ad?

Last edited by rookiepilot on Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
northernpilot2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by northernpilot2 »

Capt. Underpants wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:15 am Gawd I hope you’re not a pilot. This level of daft does not belong on a tricycle, never mind in a cockpit. :roll:
I hope I never have to fly with you, would be a boring ass flight.

northernpilot2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by northernpilot2 »

No kidding!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh man.

PeterParker
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PeterParker »

alkaseltzer wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:33 pm ZERO TOLERANCE. Especially for free loaders on passes and then lying about what happened
Way off topic here, but I find it quite rich that passes are used to argue both sides. It is a "perk" when the argument is about how fvcked up pilot pay is, but when it is about off-loading passengers, it is "freeloading". Not saying that you specifically are making the arguments both ways. Just shows yet another way how the big corporate "Man" is fvcking us pilots over and making us fight amongst ourselves to keep paying us piss-poor poverty wages.

rooster
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rooster »

Ok wait, I've scrolled through most of the posts and haven't noticed anything but, are we assuming the family lied and falsified their statements? Or is everyone siding with the crew because we're all on an aviation forum and now all of a sudden we have each other's backs? Is it not at all possible the cabin crew were in the wrong, or on a power trip and possibly acting unreasonable and then they tried to cover their tracks with the statement that counters the family's? There were witnesses on board who seem to be siding with the family and so are a couple of the officers, hence no interest in pursuing charges.

Maybe the family was telling the truth and for once it's not their ignorance that created this mess. Maybe they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong crew. Just playing devil's advocate here.

So what gives? I'm not too interested in 4th hand info from a WJ pilot who's neighbour is a hairdresser that cuts the Mazda sales guy who sold a car to a friend of one of the FA's. You get the idea.

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

Rockie wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:32 am
Inverted2 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:50 am Projectile vomit could spew Kung Flu into the air and kill 99.7% of the other WJ guests on board. I think it’s time for a toddler ban. If it saves just one life.
As the biggest threat to the world with this virus has been and remains the United States, you would appear more intelligent and less racist if you called it by its proper name.
I know it's fun, but please don't feed the trolls.

godsrcrazy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by godsrcrazy »

rooster wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:00 pm Ok wait, I've scrolled through most of the posts and haven't noticed anything but, are we assuming the family lied and falsified their statements? Or is everyone siding with the crew because we're all on an aviation forum and now all of a sudden we have each other's backs? Is it not at all possible the cabin crew were in the wrong, or on a power trip and possibly acting unreasonable and then they tried to cover their tracks with the statement that counters the family's? There were witnesses on board who seem to be siding with the family and so are a couple of the officers, hence no interest in pursuing charges.

Maybe the family was telling the truth and for once it's not their ignorance that created this mess. Maybe they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong crew. Just playing devil's advocate here.

So what gives? I'm not too interested in 4th hand info from a WJ pilot who's neighbour is a hairdresser that cuts the Mazda sales guy who sold a car to a friend of one of the FA's. You get the idea.

Finally someone that may have a point

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

But wait you are all missing the point.

Cloth masks filter 3 percent of germs out of the air. The is ground breaking and will save us all. Everything I read has said wrap anything around your face and you will save lives... So dammit put your mother's panties over your face if that's all you can find in your top drawer and you can be a hero! Save someone's life today and cover that face!

Attachments
A cluster randomised trial of cloth masks compared with medical masks in healthcare workers.pdf
Cloth masks don't work.
(480.16 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

montado wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:46 pm But wait you are all missing the point.

Cloth masks filter 3 percent of germs out of the air. The is ground breaking and will save us all. Everything I read has said wrap anything around your face and you will save lives... So dammit put your mother's panties over your face if that's all you can find in your top drawer and you can be a hero! Save someone's life today and cover that face!
It depends on the type of fabric used, and the weave:

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acsnano.0c03252

IMO the only sensible option is a medical mask if you're concerned about protecting yourself.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

https://www.businessinsider.com/cdc-dir ... rus-2020-9

Biff you are actually so correct. Infact the CDC DIRECTOR HIMSELF says masks are better than vaccines. You have to wonder how we survived all those other diseases that we vaccinate for. Why was I so dumb to get a flu shot when I should have been wearing a mask all these years.

:lol:

Whatever you have to say to keep people under control and wear a mask!

AuxBatOn
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by AuxBatOn »

montado wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:31 am https://www.businessinsider.com/cdc-dir ... rus-2020-9

Biff you are actually so correct. Infact the CDC DIRECTOR HIMSELF says masks are better than vaccines. You have to wonder how we survived all those other diseases that we vaccinate for. Why was I so dumb to get a flu shot when I should have been wearing a mask all these years.

:lol:

Whatever you have to say to keep people under control and wear a mask!
I would argue that some years, masks and proper hygiene would be more effective than the flu vaccine.

There are many solutions to virus propagation and the most effective one depends on the virus itself and efficacy a potential vaccine. You really believe the governments (with a S) are making this up to control the population?!

Going for the deck at corner
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

No I don't think covid is made up to control the population. I do think there are underlying agendas and cherry picking of policies to advantage some and disadvantage others. I don't believe all the truths are being told. Covid is becoming more of a political, and climate change agenda than anything.

I just find it hard to understand how Sweden has so few cases and no mask policy. Yet the rest of the world is catching up to them with death rates. I think government overreach continues to become more extream. Heck they are taking ID at some public spaces now and denying entry to everyone except locals.

What's next? How much will you take before you say it's going to far?

AuxBatOn
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by AuxBatOn »

I believe they are taking a cautious approach because of all the unknowns with the virus which is reasonable. Sure, in 1, 2, 10 years, we’ll have a more complete picture, and we’ll be able to cherry pick and see what we did right and what we did wrong. Right now, there are too many unknowns to know which course of actions is more appropriate than an other.

I doubt governments are upsetting the masses on purposes - it is not good politically for them. Given there is no real pressure from opposition parties on the measures the current government imposed, I doubt the outcome would have been much different with another government.

Going for the deck at corner
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

AuxBatOn wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:07 am I believe they are taking a cautious approach because of all the unknowns with the virus which is reasonable. Sure, in 1, 2, 10 years, we’ll have a more complete picture, and we’ll be able to cherry pick and see what we did right and what we did wrong. Right now, there are too many unknowns to know which course of actions is more appropriate than an other.

I doubt governments are upsetting the masses on purposes - it is not good politically for them. Given there is no real pressure from opposition parties on the measures the current government imposed, I doubt the outcome would have been much different with another government.
The cautious approach? So it's appropriate to enforce policies that don't even make sense such as cloth masks? Would you get on a plane if I told you their were 5 confirmed covid cases on board but everyone has to wear a mask so you will be fine?

I think the reality is no studies conclusively say masks are, or are not effective... Yet a whole flight gets cancelled because of this type of policy. I kind of have the "my body my choice" stance. Incredibly women can have abortions and kill this babies but to not wear a mask you could be killing hundreds of people apparently so masks are enforced. Yet their is zero conclusive evidence that masks even work. Probably zero conclusive evidence that they don't work either, its just this thin line of they are somewhat effective at trapping some moisture. So the mask fro me is just the face of fear. If you want to control people you need to instill fear... Terrorism, virus, pandemic, climate change.... Always have something to keep the fear going.

Edit... And to say the cautious approach, how many here have lost their jobs, have less than half their income now collecting EI. It doesn't sound like we are talking a cautious approach to me. Sounds very disruptive. Why is is we are almost a year into learning about covid but nothing has changed as far as what we know about it. It's like zero new developments. Everything is so quiet about it except wear a mask because we don't know.... Yeah... Right... I am sure the experts know lots about it by now. Probably along the tune of its not nearly as bad as we thought it was... But we will keep playing along with wear a mask to save lives... Right.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

montado wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:22 am So it's appropriate to enforce policies that don't even make sense such as cloth masks?
It doesn't make sense to you.
montado wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:22 am Would you get on a plane if I told you their were 5 confirmed covid cases on board but everyone has to wear a mask so you will be fine?
Confirmed cases wouldn't be on the plane, however as long as people aren't stupid bastards and wear the mask I'm confident the masks and other measures will protect me from infection should someone else be infected and not know it.
montado wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:22 am I think the reality is no studies conclusively say masks are, or are not effective...
You think wrong. Why is the concept of a barrier impossible for you to understand? The world is full of examples that you take for granted yet can't seem to comprehend here.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Well you nailed hysterical gibberish..

Return to “General Comments”