Federal Government Support for Regional Routes

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

780Pilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Federal Government Support for Regional Routes

Post by 780Pilot »

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/throne ... -1.5735874

The Liberals say they will work with partners to support regional routes for airlines.

"It is essential that Canadians have access to reliable and affordable regional air services," says the speech.

"This is an issue of equity, of jobs, and of economic development. The government will work to support this."

The federal government supporting airlines FINALLY. One can hope. Only regional flights or operators it seems so AC and WJA are SOL still for the most part.
---------- ADS -----------

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Federal Government Support for Regional Routes

Post by dhc# »

Read the fine print, there will probably be strings attached unless your airline is named "WE" :lol:

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

780Pilot wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:09 pm The federal government supporting airlines FINALLY. One can hope. Only regional flights or operators it seems so AC and WJA are SOL still for the most part.
Really who do you think operate the regional flights they are referring to?

I don't think they are talking about flights out of Pickell Lake or Peace River...

780Pilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 780Pilot »

altiplano wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:46 pm
780Pilot wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:09 pm The federal government supporting airlines FINALLY. One can hope. Only regional flights or operators it seems so AC and WJA are SOL still for the most part.
Really who do you think operate the regional flights they are referring to?

I don't think they are talking about flights out of Pickell Lake or Peace River...
Your right. It definitely helps part of their business especially AC EXP or Encore. But AC and WJ still have a lot of US and transborder flying that is still screwed. That's what I mean when they were SOL so I was kinda wrong.

Return to “General Comments”