FlightPlan Go alternative on PC?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

GoodGuy
Rank 1
Rank 1

FlightPlan Go alternative on PC?

Post by GoodGuy »

What happened to this app? It was very convenient to be able to see the charts, build a nav log on your computer and then having it transfer to your tablet over the cloud. When I open the app on windows 10 a message pop ups that it is no longer supported and it forces a close.

Luckily I still have FlightPlan Go on my tablet and I can use that but it was much easier to work on the computer. Are there any other apps or sites that working similarly on windows 10 to replace it?

Thanks,
---------- ADS -----------

Scuderia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: FlightPlan Go alternative on PC?

Post by Scuderia »

Does using their website through your internet browser have all the same features as the Windows 10 app?

I never used the Windows 10 app. Using their website and sending the nav log to my tablet from there works great for me.

GoodGuy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by GoodGuy »

Does using their website through your internet browser have all the same features as the Windows 10 app?
I only have a little of experience with the website. For instance you can display your route on the map but then how do you get distance, HDG etc.. like on the android app?

The decommissioned windows 10 app was basically a copy of the android app. It functioned exactly the same way. The site seems to be lacking in features.

GoodGuy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by GoodGuy »

I only have a little of experience with the website.
So I just answered my own question. From the main page fltplan.com you will see the round buttons (Weather, FBO & Airport Info, etc..). By clicking one of these and then clicking on the MAIN MENU in the top left, I discovered a whole other aspect to this site which has all the details that i need. I don't know why that's not the first thing you see when you go to the main site.

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

GoodGuy wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:13 pmWhen I open the app on windows 10 a message pop ups that it is no longer supported and it forces a close.
Aw, drat... I've had the app on my laptop for a long time now and was hoping it would keep working as-is even without support. That's what I hate about "apps" as opposed to installed programs.

JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by JasonE »

I was never happy with their software anyways. Found it very buggy on 2 different tables, and gave up on looking at the ads. I'll just buy foreflight when I start doing longer flights again, 10x better.

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

JasonE wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:39 am I was never happy with their software anyways. Found it very buggy on 2 different tables, and gave up on looking at the ads. I'll just buy foreflight when I start doing longer flights again, 10x better.
Odd. I never see ads. But i'm only using it when i'm flying, and when i'm flying my tablet has no internet access to get ads from.

Return to “General Comments”