Pfizer Covid Vaccine shows 90% effectiveness.

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Pfizer Covid Vaccine shows 90% effectiveness.

Post by montado »

Brian was a passive bystander the whole pandemic acting like covid wasn’t real, taking no real action... now he’s on the soap box calling everyone an idiot. Why is it always the hypocrites that make these emotional self righteous speeches? What was Brian doing all summer to ready hospitals to deal with covid? It’s no wonder his approval rating is low and covid is making its rounds in Manitoba.

---------- ADS -----------

mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

JohnnyHotRocks wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:33 am Avcanada has truly become a shitshow
It’s sad. I’m not even sure what some people are fighting for...as if it would be a good idea to STOP wearing masks...shall we see what happens? No reasonable, intelligent, educated person would think that’s a good idea.

I still am appalled by the fact that there are aviation “professionals” carrying the attitude, “if it’s not 100% effective then why bother at all”. Idiots.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

If masks are so great, why the increase in cases? Last winter/spring we weren't forced to wear masks and cases of the 'Rona were much lower. Also, why can you go into a crowded Costco in Toronto with hundreds of people but you can't go into a small independent business with maybe 3 others in the store? Another thing, the GTA lock down is actually causing more spread since those folks are just going out to neighbouring communities to shop.

Let’s Go Brandon
mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

Inverted2 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:15 am If masks are so great, why the increase in cases? Last winter/spring we weren't forced to wear masks and cases of the 'Rona were much lower.
I still am appalled by the fact that there are aviation “professionals” carrying the attitude, “if it’s not 100% effective then why bother at all”.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

mixturerich wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:00 pm
Inverted2 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:15 am If masks are so great, why the increase in cases? Last winter/spring we weren't forced to wear masks and cases of the 'Rona were much lower.
I still am appalled by the fact that there are aviation “professionals” carrying the attitude, “if it’s not 100% effective then why bother at all”.

I think I am misunderstood.

My position is not that people should not wear masks. My position is that the more rules government makes the worse off we are. Politicians come off as hypocrites because they mandate masks, then they are caught without wearing them.

I think masks should be optional, maybe encouraged. I think you might be surprised that compliance would probably nearly just the same as it is with mandatory masks except now you avoid the political BS. The problem is all the policies are not based off logic, it’s all based off of picking and choosing how we mitigate risks. We could make mandatory masks at home, as the science would say this can prevent the spread right?

So rather than all the mandates, KISS. I don’t want a weekly announcement, I don’t need a weekly update... I don’t need to hear that my 2 layer cotton ply is no longer acceptable and I need 3 ply filter cloth mask this month. People are sick of the garbage announcements. All summer a bandanna was adequate, now they make a new announcement and change the requirements. If it wasn’t for social media how would people keep up? Every problem the government tries to fix creates 3 more problems. It’s like rent controls, vacant property taxes etc... the government always tries to step in to fix an issue, and many times they make it worse.

You are all up in this forum about how pilots should be logical, and follow SOP’s... so how long of an approach briefing do you want to give me? Would you like to talk for 2 hours in cruise about all aspects of the approach, we can reference the AIM, make sure we are all up to snuff on our airport lighting, do a thorough review... maybe we can even enter a hold and keep reviewing... wouldn’t want to miss your points about the threats that we could blow a tire on landing, make sure you don’t miss any point or leave any stone unturned. Is an sop effective if people just tune out? Is that not what’s happening with the population right now? It’s complicated, and it makes zero sense to anyone. Orange, yellow red whatever the @#$! Ontario colour codes was when I gave up trying to understand covid policy. People don’t give a shit because they zone out when things stop making any sense. I can’t go see mom for Christmas, but my kids can go to school and be in a class of 20... all these rules... just stop making rules...Stop closing business, stop telling me what is “essential”, essential to me might be getting a lap dance, or it might be going to Sunday service at church, or it might be both. But we don’t need government to decide what is essential and to whom it is, especially when they are all hypocrites and break the rules they preach.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Putting on a mask and maintaining distance is too complicated for you Montado? What does your approach brief consist of, waving at your IPad?

mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

Montado you literally said “go wear your stupid mask”. Stop trying to backtrack. We’re all sick of the changing announcements and all of this pandemic sh*t in general, but you fail see that your attitude and posts can only cause more division and harm, than good. You’re not special and neither is your knowledge.

Who knew wearing a face mask during a biological pandemic would be so controversial? Like, WTF?? lol

What is to gain by fighting the mask recommendations? Nothing!

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

mixturerich wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:39 pm Montado you literally said “go wear your stupid mask”. Stop trying to backtrack. We’re all sick of the changing announcements and all of this pandemic sh*t in general, but you fail see that your attitude and posts can only cause more division and harm, than good. You’re not special and neither is your knowledge.

Who knew wearing a face mask during a biological pandemic would be so controversial? Like, WTF?? lol

What is to gain by fighting the mask recommendations? Nothing!
Well thanks for the compliment but I really doubt my opinions had any influence on whether people wear a mask or not. I also said I wear a mask when the law says I have to, so what I’m saying has had little bearing on anything. I’m not causing division and harm, I’m giving an opinion, and the opinion is that wearing a mask offers little protection. My opinion was that people who wear a mask should not do anything with a mask that they would not do without. If anything my opinion should make people second guess the efficacy and maybe keep a little more distance.

You can choose to interpret what I’m saying however you wish. What have you gained by being pro mask? Self satisfaction that you can virtue signal? Wearing a mask didn’t make you a better person, just like going to church doesn’t make you a better person.

I could stand on a soap box and preach masks all day and follow every covid policy, all the while increasing my exposure to people. I could spend hours at the store, take public transit, go to restaurants every day.... all of this while following the guidelines... yet I would be exposing more risk than I do today. So what other radical ideas do you have and where do you draw the line in the sand? I think we should make flu vaccine mandatory for you, and if you say no we should take your right to work away... why stop at the mask, let’s come up with some other policies that jive with you. Really this is the debate right? Where do we draw a line in the sand? So why are you so offended that people have different opinions in masks, lockdown and other covid policy?

I have to wonder where you stand on many issues... where do you stand on abortion? Where do you stand on directly taking away a human life? Are you pro choice? Probably not eh, why would anyone be able to make a choice that directly impacts another life..

So rockie and mixturerich where do you stand on abortion? let’s expose the hypocrites you are when it comes to human life. At least I’m consistent.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Rockie wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:53 am I’m curious how this fits into the whole “subjugation” plan? Maybe this hospital is actually a facility to permanently fuse masks onto the populace and complete the enslavement.

”An internal Alberta government document shows the province has been planning for more than a week to set up indoor field hospitals to treat 750 COVID-19 patients.”

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton ... -1.5826336
This doesn't prove anything other than people will fall for any statistic presented to them if it is packaged in an emotionally-targeted fashion. And of course, this news will cause panic in any average joe with the sniffles because he thinks he's dying of the corona. If anything causes a hospital bed shortage, it's the absolute hysteria that's been successfully churned up in the public. It's not so far from the reason why toilet paper sold out nearly worldwide earlier this year. Panic. It sells. I suggest being skeptical and monitor what stats you ingest, sort of like watching what you would eat.

photofly wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:07 am Take a step back, and listen to yourself, a grown adult. Who says things like that? Do you have any idea how deranged you sound?
You complain about the politicization of mask-wearing, but your comments are designed exactly to do that. Why?
I say things like that, and anyone with any level of critical thinking should also. Switching off your brain and replacing it with state-approved thoughts isn't as noble as you might think.
You're not sick but you should "mask up"--That's an owner/dog relationship, and right now, you're the animal. You can't possibly believe in this after all of the contradiction, the wild interpretations of statistics, and the length of time that you're being forced to submit to these rules. Not to mention, the region where it all originated from, Wuhan, is back in party mode, wearing no masks and packing concert halls and amusement parks.
Just a little suspicion doesn't cross your mind?

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

montado wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:54 pm So rockie and mixturerich where do you stand on abortion?
Let's try and keep our eye on the ball shall we?

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Rockie wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:46 pm
montado wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:54 pm So rockie and mixturerich where do you stand on abortion?
Let's try and keep our eye on the ball shall we?

It's hard swinging both ways eh. You don't want to sound like a right wind nut and you also don't want to be a baby killer.

Its not easy to run around telling people to mask up or they are grandma killers, if you admit you are okay with baby killers?

Why can't people just make decisions for themselves, have less government, less regulation, less hypocrisy. I can only imagine what it would feel like to be you, where every time you see someone with a mask under their nose you see a murder behind that mask. Very strange to feel that way...I try to keep my nose out of other people's lives.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Man, you are nuts Montado. Absolutely certifiable.

mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

Rockie wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:48 pm Man, you are nuts Montado. Absolutely certifiable.
Ditto. Most people can read his posts and see this anyways. It’s not even worth engaging anymore :|

Cooler heads always prevail.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

montado wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:54 pm I also said I wear a mask when the law says I have to
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why we have laws about wearing masks. So that even people who don’t want to wear one, and wouldn’t if it wasn’t the law, do wear one.
Why can't people just make decisions for themselves, have less government, less regulation
because without regulation, lots of people (including you) wouldn’t wear a mask. You’re allowed to make your own decisions only for as long as those decisions are correct. If you’re going to exercise your discretion wrongly, in a way that negatively affects the health of others, your discretion has to be removed from you.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

photofly you represent the minority of people who think if I don’t wear a mask I negatively affect the health of others.

Check out all the protests, protests in France, Germany, Italy, now in London. Thousands also in Toronto. Millions of people around the world saying they have had enough of the covid policies. Subjectively I see this everywhere I go, I don’t see many people who support the ridiculous and fascist policies our governments are enforcing. The only place I find people who actually buy into lockdown and mask policy is a real minority in the online world.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Completely nuts.

RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by RedAndWhiteBaron »

Sorry, you lost me at "gestapo".

I will dance the sky on laughter-silvered wings.
'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

I say wear a mask forever and keep things shut down...we can all work together to save really old people from dying!

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

montado wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:48 pm photofly you represent the minority of people who think if I don’t wear a mask I negatively affect the health of others.

Check out all the protests, protests in France, Germany, Italy, now in London. Thousands also in Toronto.
Toronto has a population of about 3 million. I don't see that "thousands" is a significant number. Living in Toronto I don't know in person even a single one who even mildly objects to wearing a mask.

In any event, I don't represent anyone but myself.

I did read that in my neighbourhood an anti-mask protest was planned for today, where people would deliberately go into shops without a mask, and you know, buy things. Unmasked. From what I read, up to fifty people were expected to take part. Frankly If there are only fifty selfish assholes in my area, civilization will make it through.

Last edited by photofly on Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by RedAndWhiteBaron »

montado wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:48 pm photofly you represent the minority of people who think if I don’t wear a mask I negatively affect the health of others.
Sorry, hate to break it to you - but he represents the majority. I speak for the majority, rightly or wrongly.

I will dance the sky on laughter-silvered wings.

Return to “General Comments”