Pfizer Covid Vaccine shows 90% effectiveness.

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Hugh Jasshole
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Pfizer Covid Vaccine shows 90% effectiveness.

Post by Hugh Jasshole »

So once we get a shot. do we no longer have to wear the stupid fu@#ing mask?? Do we get a tattoo on forehead to show we have the shot? I'm considering going to Hawaii in January and seeing if I can pay for a shot.
---------- ADS -----------

piperdriver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by piperdriver »

Would it even be necessary for people in their 20’s 30’s or even 40’s that don’t smoke, not overweight, have no underlying health issues, etc. to take the vaccine.

Hugh Jasshole
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Hugh Jasshole »

My guess is that anyone who can pass an aviation medical, probably will not have a severe outcome if they catch this? I finally know some folks that have this. Both are late 50's. One got an extremely bad cough and shortness of breath, she is getting better on her own. The other friend is reporting head cold like symptoms.

valleyboy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by valleyboy »

Would it even be necessary for people in their 20’s 30’s or even 40’s that don’t smoke, not overweight, have no underlying health issues, etc. to take the vaccine.
There is where the problem lies. This attitude is what is causing the present surges. It's about people and personal contact and that there are some many "typhoid Marys" wandering around and unknowingly spreading the virus. You might not get sick or feel sick but you are still spreading it and it will eventually find someone who becomes very ill. That could be several donors down stream from your initial infection. I have some inside access to information from public health authorities and the common feeling(as I stated above) we are many months away from the general public receiving the vaccine. They haven't even figured out who will get it first and the number of treatments allocated to Canada is a drop in the barrel to what is actually needed. It will long into next year before the vaccine is available to all.

You can shoot the messenger all you want but only time will tell.

Black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight
http://www.blackair.ca
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

valleyboy wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:51 pm
There is where the problem lies. This attitude is what is causing the present surges. It's about people and personal contact and that there are some many "typhoid Marys" wandering around and unknowingly spreading the virus. You might not get sick or feel sick but you are still spreading it and it will eventually find someone who becomes very ill. That could be several donors down stream from your initial infection. I have some inside access to information from public health authorities and the common feeling(as I stated above) we are many months away from the general public receiving the vaccine. They haven't even figured out who will get it first and the number of treatments allocated to Canada is a drop in the barrel to what is actually needed. It will long into next year before the vaccine is available to all.

You can shoot the messenger all you want but only time will tell.
I blame the leadership for the present surges. The government is completely happy with how it appears covid can be drafted into some social division like racism. Politicians can sit on their hands, they can lie, and make up every excuse in the book and people literally run around saying "the 20 somethings are the problem" or "people who don't wear masks are grandma killers" or "its the boomers fault" or "its the airlines fault" or "its peel, and all those weddings with 500 people"

I don't know how everyone draws these conclusions. I think we don't even have real goal posts and a way to measure success. I'm tired of blaming each other, and I think if you want peoples behavior to change you do that through leadership. In many ways our leadership has been tremendously successful. Government seems to have balanced freedoms with enough authority to keep things fairly balanced. Even though most of us disagree on lots of policy things have been fairly reasonable and on track with a balanced approach. So I'm not so concerned about pointing my finger at these different demographics like they are a problem, because in the big picture I don't se it that way.

valleyboy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by valleyboy »

It's not about a particular group unless you divide it into just 2. The group that feels it's a government conspiracy and choose to ignore all the common guidelines and the group that does follow all suggested precautions and is ruled by common sense and concern for more than just themselves.

Blame the government but they are blamed for all problems. The problem is politicians always think of votes first and very rarely deal out sufficient policy to actually deal with a particular problem and they usually end up tiptoeing around the fringes and losing control.

Why can't people acept the information from the professionals and ignore the political bullshit, or at least don't mix up politics and the true facts.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Because doctors aren’t economists. The idea is the politicians take in all information from all experts and make balanced decisions that best fit the desired outcomes for all people. So political bullshit is what you get when you have 100 different experts in all different fields spilling the beans on their current issues. Then you try to do what’s best. And of course the message comes out and doesn’t seem clear, or fair or logical, but it’s because you are trying to juggle all issues. So what expert do you think we should follow?

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

montado wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:59 pm I blame the leadership for the present surges. The government is completely happy with how it appears covid can be drafted into some social division like racism.
Yes, the government thrives on social discord and this pandemic has been a real lottery win for them in so many ways. The surge certainly can’t be caused by morons who refuse to wear masks or modify their behaviour in any way.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Rockie wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:54 pm
montado wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:59 pm I blame the leadership for the present surges. The government is completely happy with how it appears covid can be drafted into some social division like racism.
Yes, the government thrives on social discord and this pandemic has been a real lottery win for them in so many ways. The surge certainly can’t be caused by morons who refuse to wear masks or modify their behaviour in any way.
Nobody has answered my question as to why it's so difficult to just wear a feckin mask, and instead people need to continually bitch on avcanada (and everywhere else), and hassle the staff who have to deal with this crap on a daily basis.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

CpnCrunch wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:03 pm Nobody has answered my question as to why it's so difficult to just wear a feckin mask
There is no answer that doesn't make the person look stupid and/or an a**hole.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Well if masks work let’s make them 24/7 use and no more family contact. I think most of covid is spreading in the home and close contact (parties, gatherings indoors) than in the community. While we are at it ban sexual relations. If you want the mask to work you really just have to ban everything and keep people all apart. What’s the point of me wearing a mask through Costco if my kid goes to school and doesn’t wear a mask because of his age group it’s not required? It’s like the times that make the most sense to wear a mask and stop the spread are the times we don’t require a mask. If I’m going to get covid it will be from my kids or my wife, other than that, mask or not I’m very low risk to get covid anywhere in public. I barely go out other than grab a few groceries.

So maybe the mask law should be wear your mask while at home? Where’s the data? Where is covid spreading? Close contacts? Masks aren’t required for close contacts...time for some new rules. No point in wearing masks where the risk is low... BC had it right, glory holes is where it’s at. If we don’t want covid to spread it’s time to dissolve family and keep everyone apart. And if that’s not possible you just have to accept this thing will keep spreading. If we make rules that masks are only mandatory places where I’m really unlikely to even contract the virus what use is that?

Of just about everyone I heard who died of covid they got it from a close contact who would have never been someone wearing a mask around them anyway, like a family member in the household.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Prosecution rests its case.

JoeShithe
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JoeShithe »

It’s like wearing a seat belt. It will give you good protection in almost all situations.
It’s like wearing a rubber. It will give you good protection in almost all situations.
They do a good job and give a sense of security. It’s your choice if you want to be the bareback bandit of Bangkok.. She doesn’t look unhealthy.
I doubt you would run your mouth in Hong Kong or China on a layover where masks are required.

Regarding vaccines. It’s like saying you won’t fly today because of the aviation safety record in the 50’s.

northernpilot2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by northernpilot2 »

How did all the sheep get loose? Catch them quick, lock em up, so everyone else can get on with their lives.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

More evidence your honour.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Hugh Jasshole wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:52 am So once we get a shot. do we no longer have to wear the stupid fu@#ing mask?? Do we get a tattoo on forehead to show we have the shot? I'm considering going to Hawaii in January and seeing if I can pay for a shot.
Masks until the end of time...

CpnCrunch wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:03 pm Nobody has answered my question as to why it's so difficult to just wear a feckin mask, and instead people need to continually bitch on avcanada (and everywhere else), and hassle the staff who have to deal with this crap on a daily basis.
Because it is an act of subjugation, that's why. For all your opining about "protecting others" and equating mask wearing with your credentialist PhD. requirements, you have overlooked (or willfully ignored) the glaring inconsistencies in the approved experts' analyses of mask-wearing.
Mask-wearing has emerged as a political item, so much so that it has become one of the defining points of the American elections. Biden promises masks until at least April 29, 2021, and Fauci just stated that receiving vaccines does not mean we can stop wearing them.
Face it, we've been muzzled like dirty animals. The wishy-washiness of the experts and their ever-changing facts should be enough to arouse anyone's suspicion that something is amiss. When the health and political leaders are constantly being caught without masks and hanging out in big dinner gatherings, it should arouse more suspicion.

For all you aviators that support this mask regime, may you never grasp a yoke again. I wouldn't feed you yellow snow if you were hungry.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

I’m curious how this fits into the whole “subjugation” plan? Maybe this hospital is actually a facility to permanently fuse masks onto the populace and complete the enslavement.

”An internal Alberta government document shows the province has been planning for more than a week to set up indoor field hospitals to treat 750 COVID-19 patients.”

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton ... -1.5826336

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

ReserveTank wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:12 am
Because it is an act of subjugation, that's why. ..
Mask-wearing has emerged as a political item...
Face it, we've been muzzled like dirty animals...
For all you aviators that support this mask regime, may you never grasp a yoke again. I wouldn't feed you yellow snow if you were hungry.
Take a step back, and listen to yourself, a grown adult. Who says things like that? Do you have any idea how deranged you sound?
You complain about the politicization of mask-wearing, but your comments are designed exactly to do that. Why?

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
valleyboy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by valleyboy »

Take a step back, and listen to yourself, a grown adult.
Really????? and proof of age, it's just a number and Trolls are ageless.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

Avcanada has truly become a shitshow

Return to “General Comments”