Flight Attendants - Diapers Chai-nah

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Flight Attendants - Diapers Chai-nah

Post by Inverted2 »

I thought this was from a satire website but there are numerous articles and it’s real. :shock:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5225218

“But one of those suggestions -- that personnel like flight attendants wear disposable diapers so they don't need to use the bathroom -- has raised some eyebrows.

A section on PPE advises cabin crew on flights to and from high-risk countries to wear "medical masks, double-layer disposable medical gloves, goggles, disposable hats, disposable protective clothing, and disposable shoe covers."

The next sentence reads: "It is recommended that cabin crew members wear disposable diapers and avoid using the lavatories barring special circumstances to avoid infection risks."
---------- ADS -----------

Let’s Go Brandon
digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Flight Attendants - Diapers Chai-nah

Post by digits_ »

Just imagine dealing with difficult pax.

- "I'm sorry sir, you'll have to transport your pet in the baggage hold"
"NO I DO NOT WANT MY EMOTIONAL SUPPORT MANATEE IN THE BACK"
- 'Very well sir ...' *stares*
"WHAT?? WHY ARE YOU ... WAIT, WHAT'S THAT SMELL???"
- *maintains eye contact*
"NO NO NOOO .... THE SMELL, THE SOUND... NOOOO"
- "Will there be anyting else sir?"

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
TalkingPie
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TalkingPie »

digits_ wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:46 pm Just imagine dealing with difficult pax.

- "I'm sorry sir, you'll have to transport your pet in the baggage hold"
"NO I DO NOT WANT MY EMOTIONAL SUPPORT MANATEE IN THE BACK"
- 'Very well sir ...' *stares*
"WHAT?? WHY ARE YOU ... WAIT, WHAT'S THAT SMELL???"
- *maintains eye contact*
"NO NO NOOO .... THE SMELL, THE SOUND... NOOOO"
- "Will there be anyting else sir?"
Ok, that was pretty hilarious.

Setting aside that I don't realistically think that any governing agency in Canada would ever enforce - or even suggest - such a thing, I'm wondering about the logic here.

If lavatories present such an infection risk as to require this drastic a measure for cabin crew, what does this say for the safety of passengers, or, even more relevantly to the safety of the flight, the pilots? Why is cabin crew being targeted for these measures?

I suspect that the answer lies in:
1) The fact that China has a way of enacting poorly-thought-out policies to make it look like they're doing something.
2) Cabin crew aren't afforded much respect in that country, and it wouldn't fly to try to suggest that pilots do something this degrading.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

All your favourite fetishes in one thread. Marvellous.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

I’m pretty certain this policy is about as effective as masks. If you are going to get covid in public it will be in a public washroom where you are touching everything and not distancing from people. If you are walking through aisles at a store and keeping distance, with or without a mask you are very low risk. But if you have to use your local Walmart restroom, yeah, most people were afraid to do that before covid.

Anyways stats are showing close contacts make up more than 80 percent of covid cases. So covid is spreading in people’s homes, the only place masks and diapers won’t be mandated. So all this closing of business, the mental gymnastics, the hoops we are jumping through are basically for nothing. Policy is not logical... some of you are so worried that I say we should not have mandatory masks, but you won’t even wear one where you are most likely to catch and spread covid. That place is in your own home. A few cases spreading in the community, leads to thousands of cases spreading in homes, so those thousands then can send a few more cases out into the community... rinse and repeat the cycle.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

montado wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:41 pm So covid is spreading in people’s homes, the only place masks and diapers won’t be mandated.
I'm surprised I have to explain this to someone smart enough to get a pilot licence, but in order to spread *in* your home, it has to *enter* your home from outside, which it's less likely to do, if you all wear a mask when you're outside your home.

Think of it like a dose of the clap: if you and your other can both avoid catching it from a third party, then you're free to conjugate with each other as much as you like without protection, without fear of one catching it from the other.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

photofly wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:11 pm
montado wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:41 pm So covid is spreading in people’s homes, the only place masks and diapers won’t be mandated.
I'm surprised I have to explain this to someone smart enough to get a pilot licence, but in order to spread *in* your home, it has to *enter* your home from outside, which it's less likely to do, if you all wear a mask when you're outside your home.

Think of it like a dose of the clap: if you and your other can both avoid catching it from a third party, then you're free to conjugate with each other as much as you like without protection, without fear of one catching it from the other.

A covid case is a covid case. I don't know why you think it doesn't matter that it spreads in peoples homes and you think the only concern is out in public. What kind of idiot would dismiss a simple fact? If I get covid in my workplace, then spread it to my wife and kids, this has the potential to spread and cause an outbreak in another workplace and an entire school. To dismiss this as if its not an issue is completely idiotic. You can pick and choose where you think we should implement policies, but to see evidence that over 80 percent of covid cases are close contact, such as in peoples homes, and then say "lets close a small business to stop covid" has zero logic and zero science behind it. In some countries if you get covid, they remove you from your home and isolate you... here in Canada what's the guidance... stay home and avoid your family... do you have more than one washroom in the house? Oh no eh.... well share it and wipe things down after you use it.

It amazes me the amount of time and stupidity we do things the wrong way. I identify where most covid cases are happening and you shrug your shoulders like there's noting we can do. You would think facts like this would be intriguing, and an opportunity to brainstorm ideas of how we could reduce covid cases... instead you go on with you "how could a pilot be so dumb" nonsense. So ask yourself is covid under control, because you have just dismissed the fact of where most covid cases are being transmitted, and your answer is "carry on, our policies are great and they are working!". Seriously how stupid... I guess you think we don't need to do anything with LTC homes, because close contact covid cases aren't real cases... all we need to do is wear masks at costco and wash our hands! Problem solved!

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

You are a hot steaming mass of contradiction Montado. Your contribution here is nothing but incessant bitching about how they are wrong about everything, and you are right. I suspect you’re the same on the job.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Rockie wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:43 am You are a hot steaming mass of contradiction Montado. Your contribution here is nothing but incessant bitching about how they are wrong about everything, and you are right. I suspect you’re the same on the job.
Go ahead with what comments I have made that are a contradiction. Have I been a hypocrite, please let me know. I think you just don’t like that I point out where we have failed. I think you really want masks to work, yet cities across Ontario are going into lockdown. So whether masks really work or not, mask policy is failing because the point of the mask was to allow us to function as near normal, however it’s clear this is not working and we need to keep closing business and even enter fake lockdowns.

So do please share how I’m inconsistent... I’m not bitching about how the government is wrong about everything, they have done some things right. I am just asking for the evidence, a very simple thing. If you are going to implement a policy you need to show that it works. For example with mask policy, how do we measure success... we were told if we wear masks for a few weeks life would basically be normal, we keep being told masks will get things under control( actually less so now, the new direction is focus on limit social circles and limit gathering because they see the mask policy is failing and not keeping the virus from spreading) we are told it’s safe to go to work if we wear the mask. But then they also tell us cases are trending up, ICU is almost full, Toronto is in lockdown for over 3 weeks and this has done little to change the trend. So I just want to know how do we measure success. Have masks been successful or not? Is lockdown working or not? I’m just trying to understand the basis of decisions. Are we doing the right things? Are businesses being closed for the wrong reasons?

I think your perspective rockie is I should just sit back and trust the process. I don’t understand it. When you see the damage caused by the government’s actions I think it’s fair to have questions and be critical. I didn’t know I could contradict shelf by asking these types of questions.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

You object to everything. You object to “A”, then you object to “B”, then you object that they shifted from “A” to “B”. You are an uninformed chronic complainer who thinks he’s much, much smarter than he actually is. Which is why the answer to your last statement is yes, STFU and trust the system. It will serve you much better than trusting your own judgement which is utterly worthless, and with regards to this pandemic detrimental to your health and more importantly ours.

Return to “General Comments”