Air Canada injects new shares, dilutes to raise capital. December 15 2020

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Air Canada injects new shares, dilutes to raise capital. December 15 2020

Post by montado »

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-rele ... hares.html

Adding nearly a billion dollars in shares. Stock price could take a 10 percent hit this morning.
---------- ADS -----------

FL030
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Air Canada injects new shares, dilutes to raise capital. December 15 2020

Post by FL030 »

Sounds like the government wanted them to do something they didn't want to do to get their bailout.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

FL030 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:41 am Sounds like the government wanted them to do something they didn't want to do to get their bailout.
Good day to offload my puts before a big announcement? Ahaa.

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

montado wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:44 am https://www.globenewswire.com/news-rele ... hares.html

Adding nearly a billion dollars in shares. Stock price could take a 10 percent hit this morning.
This is a plan pending approval, there should be a corresponding dip in share value if they actually sell the extra shares and bring in some more cash. However, the hope here is of a good rebound to its previous price after the cash is collected.

Air Canada is showing their hand now after trying to rally for bailouts from the government and getting very little. They just have to do like the rest of us now and make moves to get by. They want to be first in line for the inevitable rush of traffic when restrictions are lifted on a global level. I predict the rush will be of "unprecedented" levels and they'll be able to recoup these losses and then some.

Return to “General Comments”