Should Canadian airlines stop flights to UK, New covid strain.

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

twa22
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Should Canadian airlines stop flights to UK, New covid strain.

Post by twa22 »

Gino Under wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:45 am
We faithfully follow SOPs in our flying career even when we might disagree with parts of that SOP.

No. I don’t go out except for groceries. I haven’t seen my children or grand children for 10 months. No, I don’t go to Costco. No, I don’t shop online. No, I don’t order food for delivery.
These are just the voluntary choices I’ve made over the last 10 months in a world that just can’t seem to figure it out. I am not living in a vacuum sealed world like everyone else but just doing what I think the “experts” are recommending for everyone.
I lost my job last summer so believe me, I hope there’s an aviation industry when the smoke clears but I have to say, it doesn’t look good right now.
BTW, civil liberties have limitations. Whether we like it or not. Something this generation hasn’t woken up to yet.
That's really, really sad...

Mods, can we close all covid related threads... they very rarely seem to have anything to do with aviation and it's bad enough that most of us are stuck inside, reading this depressing shit makes it worse. What people need is to get off the damn internet and go for walk and stop reading the damn news; i'll admit i'm partly guilty of it but I go out for at least an hour a day and get fresh air, and no you won't transmit or get covid from walking outside damit, relax and go smell the fresh air
---------- ADS -----------

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

twa22 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:26 am
We faithfully follow SOPs in our flying career even when we might disagree with parts of that SOP.

No. I don’t go out except for groceries. I haven’t seen my children or grand children for 10 months. No, I don’t go to Costco. No, I don’t shop online. No, I don’t order food for delivery.
These are just the voluntary choices I’ve made over the last 10 months in a world that just can’t seem to figure it out. I am not living in a vacuum sealed world like everyone else but just doing what I think the “experts” are recommending for everyone.
I lost my job last summer so believe me, I hope there’s an aviation industry when the smoke clears but I have to say, it doesn’t look good right now.
BTW, civil liberties have limitations. Whether we like it or not. Something this generation hasn’t woken up to yet.

Mods, can we close all covid related threads... they very rarely seem to have anything to do with aviation and it's bad enough that most of us are stuck inside, reading this depressing shit makes it worse. What people need is to get off the damn internet and go for walk and stop reading the damn news; i'll admit i'm partly guilty of it but I go out for at least an hour a day and get fresh air, and no you won't transmit or get covid from walking outside damit, relax and go smell the fresh air
This is part of the problem with society today, we can’t simply censor ourselves so we ask the mods to do it for us. I felt I was watching too much news, so guess what I did, I stopped watching it constantly and CHOSE to watch my local news and one national/world update per day and I’ve even skipped some days.
I’ll get to my point, you can chose what content you want to read and not to!
Covid-19 has EVERYTHING to do with aviation, one of, if not the worst hit industry in the world and I appreciate the points of view I get from fellow aviators on here, maybe not all but either way, don’t like it, don’t read it.
Take your own advice, get off the internet or do you have no self control?

Regarding this thread topic, it’s confirmed the new strain is here, I’m absolutely SHOCKED!, well not really.
Looks like the 14 day quarantine didn’t do it’s job, maybe Canada will go with Hong Kong and implement a 21 day quarantine!

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
twa22
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by twa22 »

mbav8r wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:18 am
twa22 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:26 am

This is part of the problem with society today, we can’t simply censor ourselves so we ask the mods to do it for us. I felt I was watching too much news, so guess what I did, I stopped watching it constantly and CHOSE to watch my local news and one national/world update per day and I’ve even skipped some days.
I’ll get to my point, you can chose what content you want to read and not to!
Covid-19 has EVERYTHING to do with aviation, one of, if not the worst hit industry in the world and I appreciate the points of view I get from fellow aviators on here, maybe not all but either way, don’t like it, don’t read it.
Take your own advice, get off the internet or do you have no self control?

Regarding this thread topic, it’s confirmed the new strain is here, I’m absolutely SHOCKED!, well not really.
Looks like the 14 day quarantine didn’t do it’s job, maybe Canada will go with Hong Kong and implement a 21 day quarantine!
Yea no kidding, I do need to take my own advice but i'm bored as shit until I go back to work... shame everything is closed here and it's cold outside, I bet that's gonna help the case count as people will definitely not gather indoors since there's absolutely nothing else to do :roll:

But yea, I think i'll take my own advice again, i'm out

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Why isn't the media reporting the fact we have a LTC home in Toronto with 200 active cases and 39 deaths, yet Ontario is taking 4 days off from giving vaccine?
Screenshot_20201227-150644.png
Screenshot_20201227-150644.png (873.39 KiB) Viewed 2236 times
We are literally sitting on doses of vaccine, and we aren't giving them out because it's the weekend? What the @#$! is going on here? Am I wrong to say we should be executing at 100 percent until the pandemic is over? How many more people could die if we take weekends off?

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

montado wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:07 pm How many more people could die if we take weekends off?
How many more people could die if they listen to anything you say? Do the world a favour and shut up.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Rockie wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:41 am
montado wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:07 pm How many more people could die if we take weekends off?
How many more people could die if they listen to anything you say? Do the world a favour and shut up.

I don’t know rockie... I don’t think more people would die if we vaccinate on weekends rather than take weekends off. I really think the science would show that we could save more lives. But if you prove me wrong I will do as you say and shut up.

Amazing everyone is told to wear masks to save lives, and it’s worth it even if it barely works... then we have a vaccine that’s 90 percent effective sitting on a shelf for 4 days and fords like...”no problem here everyone come back next week and we can start vaccines again then”... meanwhile business is closed etc :rolleyes: :lol: what a shit show man...

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/residents-fa ... -1.5245950

We should do bankers hours vaccine roll out no? That would make the most sense! Fucking idiots.

Gino Under
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Gino Under »

montado

You’re not wrong. IMHO
Vaccinations shouldn’t be taking weekends off. The reality is we don’t have an adequate supply or distribution system set up yet, despite the Turdoites self praise. At least vaccinations have started.

If I misunderstood your earlier comments, that’s on me. So I apologize for any misunderstanding.
I don’t think picking faults through a magnifying glass does much to improve the Covid crap we’re all dealing with.
It simply says the handling of the pandemic on many fronts is flawed.
This thing was mishandled from the get-go. The Chinese government obscured and denied the potency of it. The WHO aided and underplayed it in their support of China. Turdo was more interested in a UN Security Council seat than the health of Canadians. This UK strain is more potent than the original strain. So, yes I think all travel between Canada and the UK should be suspended UFN.
I think many would agree with that.

Gino

"I'll tell you what's wrong with society. No one drinks from the skulls of their enemies!"
2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

I thought they said flying was safe ?

Some Scientific waffle gab for those who like that scientific stuff :)
https://science.sciencemag.org/content/ ... ce.abd9338
Some interesting data vis-à-vis school closures .

Torontomaplelaughs
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Torontomaplelaughs »

I think Covidphobia is the real virus here.

Irrational fear compounded by channelized attention leading to disproportionate measures like hiding yourself from loved ones.

Life is short and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time off but also have took pleasure in my trips around the world during this pandemic. Speaking to people in all corners of the globe sheds lots of light on how people generally feel the same. They want life to go back to normal and don't believe this virus is the end all it is made out to be.

It is the cat lovers in the basement reading media articles that are in the most amount of fear. If I were to guess, even the old folks in LTC facilities realize they are at the end of their lives anyways and rather just enjoy their precious last moments than being locked up

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Torontomaplelaughs wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:58 pm I think Covidphobia is the real virus here.

Irrational fear compounded by channelized attention leading to disproportionate measures like hiding yourself from loved ones.

Life is short and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time off but also have took pleasure in my trips around the world during this pandemic. Speaking to people in all corners of the globe sheds lots of light on how people generally feel the same. They want life to go back to normal and don't believe this virus is the end all it is made out to be.

It is the cat lovers in the basement reading media articles that are in the most amount of fear. If I were to guess, even the old folks in LTC facilities realize they are at the end of their lives anyways and rather just enjoy their precious last moments than being locked up
100 percent... Look at how people talk online. Some people are asking about carpooling with people from out of the household. There's like 10 comments about driving with your windows down to make things safer. :lol:

People are so fucked up over covid. They are inventing their own ideas of how to stop the spread. Can someone tell them to just wash their hands? Social media is the worst virus of all.
Screenshot_20201229-101656.png
Screenshot_20201229-101656.png (664.41 KiB) Viewed 1830 times

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Rules for thee but not for me! How convenient politicians say one thing and do another.

Thoughts everyone? Who here spent Christmas alone? Who’s happy being told to lock yourself up while you pay the wages of these idiot MPP’s? Let me guess I need to trust the science and don’t question the experts? Yeah, okie dokie.
E13493FE-814B-4619-97F1-22B6BBEC41D8.jpeg
E13493FE-814B-4619-97F1-22B6BBEC41D8.jpeg (1.14 MiB) Viewed 1725 times

piperdriver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by piperdriver »

And on top of that your taxes will pay his salary while he quarantines for 14 days when he returns to Ontario. All the while gyms, ski hills and other small businesses were ordered to shutdown. I guess the rules only apply to the constituents and not the people in power, but hey we need to trust the experts and the science. Also can someone explain to me how in the flying @#$! is shutting down ski hills slowing the spread of Corona virus? The way the Ontario Provincial Government has handled this pandemic, or as I like to call it scamdemic, has been a nothing short of a complete embarrassment. Time to take the red pill people.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

piperdriver wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:30 pm And on top of that your taxes will pay his salary while he quarantines for 14 days when he returns to Ontario. All the while gyms, ski hills and other small businesses were ordered to shutdown. I guess the rules only apply to the constituents and not the people in power, but hey we need to trust the experts and the science. Also can someone explain to me how in the flying @#$! is shutting down ski hills slowing the spread of Corona virus? The way the Ontario Provincial Government has handled this pandemic, or as I like to call it scamdemic, has been a nothing short of a complete embarrassment. Time to take the red pill people.
Well, a ski hill out West shut down because most of the employees are young and were living 6 together in one apartment, not surprisingly 60 or so contracted Covid.
Now, I wonder how that might begin to spread to the other people, hmm!
As for the politician who took a vacation and will now work from home, who fucken cares!

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

mbav8r wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:48 am
piperdriver wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:30 pm And on top of that your taxes will pay his salary while he quarantines for 14 days when he returns to Ontario. All the while gyms, ski hills and other small businesses were ordered to shutdown. I guess the rules only apply to the constituents and not the people in power, but hey we need to trust the experts and the science. Also can someone explain to me how in the flying @#$! is shutting down ski hills slowing the spread of Corona virus? The way the Ontario Provincial Government has handled this pandemic, or as I like to call it scamdemic, has been a nothing short of a complete embarrassment. Time to take the red pill people.
Well, a ski hill out West shut down because most of the employees are young and were living 6 together in one apartment, not surprisingly 60 or so contracted Covid.
Now, I wonder how that might begin to spread to the other people, hmm!
As for the politician who took a vacation and will now work from home, who fucken cares!
Who cares? Just about everyone but you. It’s front page news and rightfully so. We can’t have it both ways and I don’t know why you are excusing these asshats. I have been emailing politicians with the tough questions and all they give is cookie cutter answered. I asked, how are parents supposed to work if schools and child care are closed... here was an answer:

Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, with childcare centers prohibiting school aged children, there are few (if any) alternative options other than parents staying home with their children for that first week of 'extended break'. I truly wish there was something more we could suggest or provide to you in this situation. All I can do right now, is reassure you that our NDP colleagues are advocating for parents and the financial burdens they face in having to remain home. I recommend looking into this federal assistance program for the time being. https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency ... nefit.html. All the best

So parents are being told to literally give up their wages. If you live in a two income household you may be down to one... do you think your MPP’s are taking this kind of pay cut? Obviously not... your MPP is on a vacation, and now on 14 paid days off... who the @#$! else gets to live this large during a global pandemic?

I wrote ford, I asked him some questions, mainly about if he is still using hardcore evidence to make his decisions. Here is what Ford says:

Thanks for writing to me about COVID-19. I appreciate hearing your views and concerns. You can be sure that your comments and ideas will be taken into consideration, as we continue our work to ensure the health, safety and well-being of the people of Ontario. Our government will continue to closely monitor the situation and take appropriate action as needed. For more information and the latest updates, visit covid-19.ontario.ca. Thanks again for contacting me. Doug Ford Premier of Ontario

Cookie cutter answer from the cookie cutter party of Ontario. I will have to write him again today to ask about Rod and what his plan is for him... I stayed home for Christmas like I was told I should do. I am angry, I’m upset, and rightfully so. I will 100 percent not support Doug ford next election. They have zero leadership and I think we should call for a 50 percent pay cut for all MPP’s given their actions and policies. We should also force quarantine and fines on those breaking the rules and make it unpaid time off. Rules for thee and for me.

As for the covid spreading at the ski hill, very unfortunate, very sad. This hill should definitely close while they sort out staff and get back to a safe operation... just like anything right? If westjet has a covid case on a flight should they have to shutdown for a month? No, the logical answer would be they need to follow the guidelines and take appropriate actions. Just like any ski hill... Ontario ski hills spend thousands preparing to open safely, they bought infrastructure, they hired staff, they created policies... then they were told last minute to close... what a @#$! up by ford.

It’s not whether covid has spread or not that makes one’s actions appropriate... whether Rod ends up with covid or not doesn’t change how his actions are hypocrisy. So yes this is news when leadership is not leading. This is news when our taxes pay his wages. This is news when many of us here are taking a pay cut in 2020 and 2021.

And if your attitude is “who fucking cares” my question is why do guys like you care whether people wear a mask? Why do people care to virtue signal? If these rules are not important, and who cares, maybe it’s time we give up on the policies as a whole and go back to normal life.

Human Factor
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Human Factor »

Will fix airplanes for food.
Human Factor
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Human Factor »

Will fix airplanes for food.
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

NEWSFLASH:
Politicians are tone deaf, out of touch, hypocrites.

But covid guilt is bullshit. Good for him, that should be the message for everyone. Be careful, take precautions, live your life. Take a trip, wash your hands, get a negative test, get back to life.

We aren't stopping covid... that's a fact. It will be here forever more. Better learn how to get on with it.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

altiplano wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:20 pm NEWSFLASH:
Politicians are tone deaf, out of touch, hypocrites.

But covid guilt is bullshit. Good for him, that should be the message for everyone. Be careful, take precautions, live your life. Take a trip, wash your hands, get a negative test, get back to life.

We aren't stopping covid... that's a fact. It will be here forever more. Better learn how to get on with it.
The thing that bothered me was he made a nice video of him in his rocking chair by the fireplace pretending he was at home stuck at home on Xmas eve like all us suckers but he was in St. Barts enjoying the sun and sand. At least don't try to hide it. I'd be on a plane somewhere warm tomorrow if it wasn't for the stupid BS 14 day quarantine....

Let’s Go Brandon
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

I hear you. Hypocrite for sure... but every politician, every elite, does this shit.

Look at Trudeau, whizzing up to the cottage in another province with his entourage after press briefings to tell us all to stay home.

Look at Ford, his business (Deco Labels) is still open in Toronto and Chicago. But other small businesses are forced to close... I guess labels and packaging and printing are essential.

Look at Hajdu, taking government jets all over the place.

How many politicians have been photographed indoors, in public spaces, without a mask on?

Wish we could all do it. They need to make it negative covid test and rejoin society. They need to focus their efforts on protecting the vulnerable. Hundreds of billions of dollars, and that's just the tip, and we couldn't even do that.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Is anyone else here packing shit tickets everywhere they go? Public washrooms are closed just about everywhere. I know we do our best to plan our travels but I have been caught off guard. I can only imagine what it's like to be an amazon delivery guy... Where the heck can you find a washroom?

Its the very place you go to get clean... Wash your hands, and we close them down. Lol I don't see the logic. Apparently in places lockdown people are pissing and shitting on the streets. Is this how we prevent the spread of covid? Close down the very place you go to get clean? Some people are going whole shifts of work unable to use running water. Not very logical I think.

Sheesh... All I can think of now is that amazon delivery guy squatting one out right before they drop off my package because McDonald's won't let him in to use a facility.... Another stupidity of our innovative times. Washrooms should be top of list essential during a pandemic. And they should be maintained and looked at as a facility we use for hygiene.

Return to “General Comments”