Aviation sector once again takes another hit

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Aviation sector once again takes another hit

Post by dhc# »

Not to mention one should give up their other "indexed" pension to help the cause.
---------- ADS -----------

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

Rockie wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:07 am You two can be counted on to turn any issue into an anti-immigrant screed.

For what it’s worth I don’t know if David Attenborough actually said what you quote, but controlling human population growth is hardly the only thing that will curtail CO2 increases in the atmosphere. Technology and government policies fit in there too don’t you think, along with modifying our own behaviour? Besides, as we all live in the same worldwide bubble what side of some man-made line we live on is not very relevant, it’s the total population of the earth that matters the most.

What we all need to consider is not immigration (legal or illegal) wrt global warming, but forced human migration as large parts of the earth become unliveable. Climate refugees. The earth will be just fine without us, it’s humans we’re trying to save. It would be wonderful if a large segment of those humans weren’t working against that goal.
I think you got a bone to pick with me troll. I have never once brought up immigration in a past post.

However, debate that Canada importing foreign masses improves the Canadian carbon footprint. Decreasing it is his objective, and more people wherever they come from is highly counter-productive. That wierdo has a hidden agenda for certain, and it doesn't include paying down the staggering debt he's created.

Spare me further comment though. I've read plenty of the nearly 10,000 Rockie posts and we fundamentally disagree. I care not.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

YTimmie, you cheerlead the demise of the rest of us, our livelihoods, our futures. All while we go through the hardest times the industry that provided and continues to provide so well for you goes through the shits. So I suggest you keep your fucking mouth shut. It's high time you move on and go fly your personal aircraft and drive your sports car... or whatever the fock it is you do with your time now.

Aussiecat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Aussiecat »

Perhaps a separate forum topic area for political bickering, I see it a lot on posts here these days, when I bother to visit the 'general' section.

I "Don't" care really about individuals Political view point, Anymore than most would about mine.

It would be great if in 2021, not every thread gets injected with venom about which ever political party/ Politician they dislike.
Not likely to happen so I shall continue to not bother.

I miss Just Curious, his comment were for the most part constructive

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

altiplano wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:55 pm YTimmie, you cheerlead the demise of the rest of us, our livelihoods, our futures. All while we go through the hardest times the industry that provided and continues to provide so well for you goes through the shits. So I suggest you keep your fucking mouth shut. It's high time you move on and go fly your personal aircraft and drive your sports car... or whatever the fock it is you do with your time now.
Touched a nerve there I see. I do actually have an opinion on the fate of the oil industry and the government's handling of this crisis including their actions (or lack of) specific to this industry. I haven't expressed that opinion here and you don't know what it is, so your statement above about cheerleading the demise of the rest of you, your livelihoods and your futures is just delusional drivel and a figment of your hateful imagination. I was commenting on a couple other posters ability to insert anti-immigrant sentiments into every conversation, coyly suggesting a retool of the oil industry to clean sustainable energy would benefit Canada and retain jobs, and pointing out that incessant complaining about every single aspect of the governments response to the crisis does not help. You hinder. You are -1's. I'm not asking you to be +1's because that clearly won't happen, but being 0's would at least keep people like you from impeding progress. BTW when I say "you" I don't just mean you personally, I'm talking about all the collective whiny bitch "you's" that contribute nothing but criticism and think you're smarter and more qualified than the actual real life experts you hate so much.

I get it, times are tough. But believe it or not you are not the only ones suffering and it would do your personalities some good to remember that.

Dh8Classic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dh8Classic »

Dh8Classic wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:44 pm
Rockie wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:04 pm
Rockie wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:25 pm Serious problems require serious people to come up with serious solutions. That clearly leaves you guys out. Best you can do is deliberately juvenile misspelling of names.
He is just calling you out as a fraud.

Making your living off of internal combustion engines.

Give up your entire pension payments to something like the Sierra Club or the Suzuki foundation if you want any credibility.

You’re right. I should have singlehandedly invented a zero emission aircraft capable of intercontinental flight with hundreds of passengers. I suppose the only reason you and altiplano didn’t is because you didn’t want to.
This response shows the infantile level of discussion that is possible from the poster. He gets called out as a hypocrite and fraud for living off carbon emissions and the only response is that he should have invented a zero emission vehicle.

No, you should give up your pension and flight privileges' if you want any credibility. You have none, just like the frauds with their private jets telling us how terrible carbon emissions are.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

This isn't a discussion Dh8Classic. You're being mocked.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/diction ... h-dict-box

Man, I have to explain everything...

Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

Dh8Classic wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:11 am
Dh8Classic wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:44 pm
Rockie wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:04 pm

He is just calling you out as a fraud.

Making your living off of internal combustion engines.

Give up your entire pension payments to something like the Sierra Club or the Suzuki foundation if you want any credibility.

You’re right. I should have singlehandedly invented a zero emission aircraft capable of intercontinental flight with hundreds of passengers. I suppose the only reason you and altiplano didn’t is because you didn’t want to.
This response shows the infantile level of discussion that is possible from the poster. He gets called out as a hypocrite and fraud for living off carbon emissions and the only response is that he should have invented a zero emission vehicle.

No, you should give up your pension and flight privileges' if you want any credibility. You have none, just like the frauds with their private jets telling us how terrible carbon emissions are.
There are people on pensions still alive who made their livings on coal burning conveyances.

Are you going to treat them the same way if they are glad their grandchildren don’t have to have black lungs and shovel coal? Even though you job is what made their jobs obsolete? I’m sure there were some nutcases back in the day who protested airplanes and cars.

But not even Trump could save coal. It’s call progress. And fossil fuels as a whole might as well be asbestos or tobacco for investors right now. It’s just for quick bucks and get out.

The times they are a changing.

Dh8Classic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dh8Classic »

Rockie wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:32 am This isn't a discussion Dh8Classic.
:smt015 Hypocrite.

Stop living off world destruction. You already damaged it enough.

Return to “General Comments”