Covid19 Vaccination

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Loon-A-Tic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Covid19 Vaccination

Post by Loon-A-Tic »

It would seem that flight crews are not considered less "essential" than Federal prisoners

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5255651
---------- ADS -----------

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Covid19 Vaccination

Post by Inverted2 »

Try it out on prisoners first by all means. We will all eventually have a chance to get the vaccine. I haven’t heard of a single airline employee dying of it in Canada.

Let’s Go Brandon
RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by RedAndWhiteBaron »

And, accept the fact that peoples' sentences have already been decided. We do not live in a society where sentences can be changed ex post facto. It's right there in the Charter Of Rights - section 11(h), if you're wondering:
The Charter Of Rights wrote:if finally acquitted of the offence, not to be tried for it again and, if finally found guilty and punished for the offence, not to be tried or punished for it again
Emphasis mine.

Being a prisoner or not should have no bearing on the triage debate.

I will dance the sky on laughter-silvered wings.
AnonPilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AnonPilot »

RedAndWhiteBaron wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:03 pm And, accept the fact that peoples' sentences have already been decided. We do not live in a society where sentences can be changed ex post facto. It's right there in the Charter Of Rights - section 11(h), if you're wondering:
The Charter Of Rights wrote:if finally acquitted of the offence, not to be tried for it again and, if finally found guilty and punished for the offence, not to be tried or punished for it again
Emphasis mine.

Agree, completely. Prisoners should receive the vaccine wherever they would have had they been free in society.

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

AnonPilot wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:49 am
RedAndWhiteBaron wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:03 pm And, accept the fact that peoples' sentences have already been decided. We do not live in a society where sentences can be changed ex post facto. It's right there in the Charter Of Rights - section 11(h), if you're wondering:
Emphasis mine.

Agree, completely. Prisoners should receive the vaccine wherever they would have had they been free in society.
It's been a common practice to get prison populations inoculated quickly as the poor and cramped conditions would cause a greater outbreak and spread not only within the prison walls but through visitors and employees.

There are 36million ish Canadians, we are all patiently waiting our turn.

Loon-A-Tic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Loon-A-Tic »

Heliian wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:19 am
AnonPilot wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:49 am

Emphasis mine.

It's been a common practice to get prison populations inoculated quickly as the poor and cramped conditions would cause a greater outbreak and spread not only within the prison walls but through visitors and employees.

There are 36million ish Canadians, we are all patiently waiting our turn.
So suspend visitations, my law abiding wife hasn't seen her equally law abiding mother in over a year and she's not incarcerated but an innocent resident of a LTC facility

Return to “General Comments”