Furloughed Pilots

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

AviatorFred
Rank 0
Rank 0

Furloughed Pilots

Post by AviatorFred »

For those of us that are no longer flying, what have you been up to? thankfully I had a very small business at least to keep me occupied and that's good for mental health. Just curious what others have been doing. A new career, back to school, enjoying the time off, learning a new skill, traveling haha?
---------- ADS -----------

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Furloughed Pilots

Post by lownslow »

I’ve been spending a lot more time in the garage/workshop and if I could find a way to make that profitable I’d be unstoppable.

geodoc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Furloughed Pilots

Post by geodoc »

lownslow wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:21 pm I’ve been spending a lot more time in the garage/workshop and if I could find a way to make that profitable I’d be unstoppable.
Retired out of float flying about 8 years ago (also an A&P / IA Mechanic) and with a friend (ex-Canadian / Air Canada AME) in his home garage / shop in Vancouver not far from YVR have been doing a fair number of (mostly) pre and post war Rolls and Bentley engine overhauls. Very few shops will touch the old stuff now. Also did a Rolls Phantom III V12 engine needing extensive repairs with O/H, a pre war BMW car engine, Various 40's - 70's Vincent, Triumph, Ducati, Laverda and Guzzi repairs and overhauls along with some very strange pre-war British stuff. Word seems to get out and we've been able to pick & choose. A friend near by is doing a concourse restoration of a BMW Isetta, and is the go-to guy for air head BMW motorcycles. Very competent and with great parts connection in the "Old Country". He' s got work scheduled over the horizon. Works out of a 2 car garage near UBC.

Return to “General Comments”