Mandatory PCR Test and 3 Day Hotel Quarantine

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Mandatory PCR Test and 3 Day Hotel Quarantine

Post by tsgarp »

Rockie wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:29 pm
ReserveTank wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:50 pm Is it worth it so grandpa can "live" in a miserable care facility for a few more months?
I wouldn't like to be your grandpa.
Good. None of us on here want you as a grandfather.
---------- ADS -----------

rjguy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by rjguy »

England and PCR testing (great short film comparing two winters 2015 and 2021)

https://off-guardian.org/2021/01/31/wat ... w3dSpWeHCQ

The same could be said for Canada and the U.S I’m sure.

I vote for getting rid of the PCR testing and leave diagnosis on patient symptoms by a doctor.

I am curious if one compared winter 2015 to winter 2021 in Canada would the end result be the same as the English video above? Where can one find these kinds of stats?

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

ReserveTank wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:09 pm Yes it was. And it was an honourable and respectable choice.
Naturally you miss the point.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

The point is that 99% of society is being prevented from living a normal life. Now we have full state intervention every time we blink-To save addicts and the elderly. Set up programs for them and leave us alone. If they really cared about health, these demographic groups would have been protected first.

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

Oh how I yearn for the good old days when the experts would recommend different tobacco products that were beneficial to your health .
Some of the face diaper crowd would be smoking two packs a day and blowing smoke at us :)

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

2R wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:22 am Oh how I yearn for the good old days when the experts would recommend different tobacco products that were beneficial to your health .
Some of the face diaper crowd would be smoking two packs a day and blowing smoke at us :)
Just 2 packs to flatten the curve.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

2R wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:22 am Oh how I yearn for the good old days when the experts would recommend different tobacco products that were beneficial to your health .
It's amazing how so much complete bullshit can be crammed into two sentences.

Even back in the dark ages medical experts knew smoking was bad for health because they dealt with the effects of it every day. Any medical people who said it was good for you were paid shills for the industry (all industries have their own of course), and if real doctors recommended one brand over the other it was because if one was going to smoke anyway at least smoking this kind will kill you more slowly.

People who scoff at bonofide experts literally owe their health and lifestyle to them but are too dense to realize it.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Rockie wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:43 am
Any medical people who said it was good for you were paid shills for the industry (all industries have their own of course).
Replace cigarettes with unnecessary pharmaceuticals and we have a winner. What's the difference between Tony Fauci, Martin Shkreli, and R.J. Reynolds? Maybe if we put a camel on the vial, we'll get somewhere.
Rockie wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:43 am People who scoff at bonofide experts literally owe their health and lifestyle to them but are too dense to realize it.
Surely you don't mean the experts on TV. There are many bonafide experts with an opposing opinion that got deplatformed for sharing their research on the matter.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

ReserveTank wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:32 am What's the difference between Tony Fauci, Martin Shkreli, and R.J. Reynolds?
No surprise at all you can't see the difference.
ReserveTank wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:32 am There are many bonafide experts with an opposing opinion that got deplatformed for sharing their research on the matter.
No there aren't.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Rockie wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:35 am
ReserveTank wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:32 am What's the difference between Tony Fauci, Martin Shkreli, and R.J. Reynolds?
No surprise at all you can't see the difference.
ReserveTank wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:32 am There are many bonafide experts with an opposing opinion that got deplatformed for sharing their research on the matter.
No there aren't.
Fantastic point.
"Nuh-uh"

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

ReserveTank wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:31 pm Fantastic point.
"Nuh-uh"
Science doesn't work that way ReserveTank. Real scientists are always testing their findings for errors because it's how they learn and get to the truth. If a bonofide scientist gets a different result it is considered because it may be essential information in pursuit of the truth. If it is found to be incorrect or lacking legitimacy according to scientific standards it is rejected. Those are the "experts" you're talking about.

Quackery is not science and the universe you live in isn't the same one the rest of us do.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Rockie wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:44 pm
ReserveTank wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:31 pm Fantastic point.
"Nuh-uh"
Science doesn't work that way ReserveTank. Real scientists are always testing their findings for errors because it's how they learn and get to the truth. If a bonofide scientist gets a different result it is considered because it may be essential information in pursuit of the truth. If it is found to be incorrect or lacking legitimacy according to scientific standards it is rejected. Those are the "experts" you're talking about.

Quackery is not science and the universe you live in isn't the same one the rest of us do.
Funny. The official narrative contradicts the published research. For example, the efficacy of masks in public use is closer to zero than 1. The narrative also contradicts ethical statistical principles. It is unprecedented and disingenuous to change what "N" is in an illness statistic to achieve public conformity. It should be national population not confirmed cases.
The experts recommend against excessive amplification cycles of the PCR test, but it is still being done to generate cases.

Someone once said that it's harder to convince someone they've been tricked than it is to trick them. Of course, I paraphrase.

YYZSaabGuy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by YYZSaabGuy »

ReserveTank wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:33 pm The official narrative contradicts the published research. For example, the efficacy of masks in public use is closer to zero than 1.
FFS. Enough, already. Try educating yourself, or at least quit with your bullshit made-up statistics: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/10/worl ... n-cdc.html.

"New research by the agency shows that transmission of the virus can be reduced by up to 96.5 percent if both an infected individual and an uninfected individual wear tightly fitted surgical masks or a cloth-and-surgical-mask combination."

So, there you go: you have both an "official narrative" (whatever that is) and published research. Good enough? Most of us would agree that .965 is closer to 1 than to 0.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

ReserveTank wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:33 pm Funny. The official narrative contradicts the published research. For example, the efficacy of masks in public use is closer to zero than 1.
In your alternate universe I'm sure it is. But as most of the rest of planet earth doesn't live in that universe those of us in this one will have to take your word for it.

Edit: The post after this one is why I said "most" of the rest of planet earth. I've said it before that I accept there are plenty of kooks in the world, but it is very disturbing so many of them are professional pilots entrusted with the safety of passengers. A solid grasp of reality is the least the public expects of us.

Last edited by Rockie on Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Why stop there? Go for the full Ebola suit! :lol: Double masking is for amateurs.

Let’s Go Brandon
ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

YYZSaabGuy wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:59 pm
ReserveTank wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:33 pm The official narrative contradicts the published research. For example, the efficacy of masks in public use is closer to zero than 1.
FFS. Enough, already. Try educating yourself, or at least quit with your bullshit made-up statistics: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/10/worl ... n-cdc.html.

"New research by the agency shows that transmission of the virus can be reduced by up to 96.5 percent if both an infected individual and an uninfected individual wear tightly fitted surgical masks or a cloth-and-surgical-mask combination."

So, there you go: you have both an "official narrative" (whatever that is) and published research. Good enough? Most of us would agree that .965 is closer to 1 than to 0.
Ah, the New York Times-pushing the double-mask/tight mask thing. They don't like the idea of us breathing. Fauci has been indirect about it as usual, dancing around the subject using indefinite language to nudge the news which forces the public. Remember his position on masks a year ago?
FAUCI: Right. Now people should not be walk— there's no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you're in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it's not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is
-Dr. Fauci, March 8, 2020

Spare the routine about an "evolving" situation and learning about it as we go. Any epidemiologist (or medical professional for that matter) should know exactly the efficacy of face masks. This is not a new thing, even though they try to make you believe it.

Hey, why not wear 3, 5, hell, even ten?

The Danish study proved that mask effectiveness is not worth the trouble to wear them in public. The mainstream media did a number of hit pieces on it, but the mathematics prove it out.

Plus the other part--WHY wear a mask when one is not sick? The efficacy is literally ZERO in this case.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Rockie wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:10 pm
ReserveTank wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:33 pm Funny. The official narrative contradicts the published research. For example, the efficacy of masks in public use is closer to zero than 1.
In your alternate universe I'm sure it is. But as most of the rest of planet earth doesn't live in that universe those of us in this one will have to take your word for it.

Edit: The post after this one is why I said "most" of the rest of planet earth. I've said it before that I accept there are plenty of kooks in the world, but it is very disturbing so many of them are professional pilots entrusted with the safety of passengers. A solid grasp of reality is the least the public expects of us.
I was referring to the Danish study. Sure, it was mauled by mainstream media-that's to be expected. Cable news isn't a doctor.

You need to conform to the official source and narrative. That's fine. Just another cog in the 97 IQ "we're all in this together" bandwagon. It's that midwit thing we were talking about a while back. You are just following the rules and doing what you're told, so whatever happens won't be your fault. Not a very noble position, but probably very safe in your mind.

As for your recurring comments about how this somehow relates to my flying-It doesn't. You keep reaching for something that isn't there, trying to link the unlinkable. Nice try on throwing shade, though. I am one of the few people on this forum still flying and enjoying serving those who pay my salary. A lot of young guys with your mentality will never even get to power up a plane again in their lives. They'll figure it out about the time EI runs out and there's still no work.

JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by JasonE »

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.5909286

Covid positive traveler caught with fake negative test.

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

OMG ReserveTank, will you just shut up? You're embarrassing yourself with your half-assed misunderstanding of the science. Please stop with your invalid conclusions from cherry-picked studies.
The Danish study proved that mask effectiveness is not worth the trouble to wear them in public.
No, it didn't prove that actually. Try reading and understanding what the study actually found.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

ReserveTank wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:59 pm As for your recurring comments about how this somehow relates to my flying-It doesn't. You keep reaching for something that isn't there, trying to link the unlinkable. .
Of course they’re linked. A well functioning brain firmly connected to reality is essential if you’re going to fly airplanes professionally. Yours is...not. The thought processes you use to arrive at a decision are faulty, and that’s putting it as nicely as I can.

What disturbs me is there seems to be a lot of you.

Return to “Covid”