Mandatory PCR Test and 3 Day Hotel Quarantine

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Mandatory PCR Test and 3 Day Hotel Quarantine

Post by ReserveTank »

CpnCrunch wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:20 pm OMG ReserveTank, will you just shut up? You're embarrassing yourself with your half-assed misunderstanding of the science. Please stop with your invalid conclusions from cherry-picked studies.
The Danish study proved that mask effectiveness is not worth the trouble to wear them in public.
No, it didn't prove that actually. Try reading and understanding what the study actually found.
I read and understand the actual study. You read the filtered news, which is simply an editorial. You might as well get all of your life advice from Cosmo as it's on the same level.

I love it when you guys pretend to know something about science. You only parrot state-approved commentary. You even speak the oligarch's language, " tHe sCIeNcE."
Mr. Wizard must look like Albert Einstein to you.

So, let's hear it. Explain the complete 180 on masks. I can never get one of you pro-maskers to give a science-based answer. Time to shine and make an actual point.
---------- ADS -----------

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Rockie wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:41 am
ReserveTank wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:59 pm As for your recurring comments about how this somehow relates to my flying-It doesn't. You keep reaching for something that isn't there, trying to link the unlinkable. .
What disturbs me is there seems to be a lot of you.
Every one is wacko but you. I think we found the problem. You focus on tightening your mask, I've got a plane to fly.

albertdesalvo
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by albertdesalvo »

Another pointless Rockie vs the right wing hordes thread. Where will it end? They booted Hedley and Cat for less.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

ReserveTank wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:48 pm
Rockie wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:41 am
ReserveTank wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:59 pm As for your recurring comments about how this somehow relates to my flying-It doesn't. You keep reaching for something that isn't there, trying to link the unlinkable. .
What disturbs me is there seems to be a lot of you.
Every one is wacko but you.
No, most are normal. But there's half a dozen or so here that are not.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

albertdesalvo wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:16 pm Another pointless Rockie vs the right wing hordes thread. Where will it end? They booted Hedley and Cat for less.
Rockie is fine as long as you share his or her views. If you have different views or opinions on something you are a racist, wacko, right wing conspiracy theorist nazi. :roll:

Let’s Go Brandon
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Inverted2 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:48 pm
albertdesalvo wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:16 pm Another pointless Rockie vs the right wing hordes thread. Where will it end? They booted Hedley and Cat for less.
Rockie is fine as long as you share his or her views. If you have different views or opinions on something you are a racist, wacko, right wing conspiracy theorist nazi. :roll:

That’s not true. I never called you a nazi.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

pro-maskers to give a science-based answer.
I'm not a "pro masker".
Time to shine and make an actual point.
I could, but I've got better things to do than discuss the science of masks on an aviation forum. I'm sure you can figure it out yourself if you want. You might want to look at the recent study from the CDC about masks.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

I don't recall Rockie engaging in politics here.
CpnCrunch wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:05 pm I could, but I've got better things to do than discuss the science of masks on an aviation forum. I'm sure you can figure it out yourself if you want. You might want to look at the recent study from the CDC about masks.
You don't understand "the science" while telling others that they don't understand. Got it.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

ReserveTank wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:40 pm
You don't understand "the science" while telling others that they don't understand. Got it.
Even a chicken can figure out what a barrier does, why can’t you guys?

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Rockie wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:07 am
ReserveTank wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:40 pm
Even a chicken can figure out what a barrier does, why can’t you guys?
Even if one believes the hype, why would one need a barrier when they aren't sick?
And if two barriers increase protection, four would be better, right? What about eight?

One of the top experts on COVID-19 said that ZERO barriers is the way to go. Or is this scientist a quack?
“There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to wear a mask.” - Dr. Anthony Fauci, 2020
Math:

21088/37500000= 0.056234666%
That's a Canadian's chance of dying of COVID-19. This includes deaths not directly caused by COVID-19, as per CDC guidance.

Our industry (and many others) is crippled due to extreme statistical outliers. Chickens don't understand normal distribution, they stay in their barriers and peck at what their master feeds them.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

ReserveTank wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:30 am Even if one believes the hype, why would one need a barrier when they aren't sick?
Because you don't always know when you're sick. They've only been saying that for a year.
ReserveTank wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:30 am And if two barriers increase protection, four would be better, right? What about eight?
With the new variants Fauci is recommending 2 if I'm not mistaken. Also for a year they've been saying avoid proximity to other people period if you can. The ultimate barrier.
ReserveTank wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:30 am One of the top experts on COVID-19 said that ZERO barriers is the way to go. Or is this scientist a quack?
Fauci has been wearing masks his entire professional life, which is probably 3 times longer than you've been alive.
ReserveTank wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:30 am Chickens don't understand normal distribution, they stay in their barriers.
Precisely. Although they don't understand complex things like normal distribution they know how barriers work and that they can't get past it so they don't keep bashing their face in it. That makes them smarter than you. What does it even feel like to be intellectually outclassed by a chicken?

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Rockie wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:35 am Because you don't always know when you're sick. They've only been saying that for a year.
If only there was a test to know if you were sick.
Rockie wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:35 am With the new variants Fauci is recommending 2 if I'm not mistaken. Also for a year they've been saying avoid proximity to other people period if you can. The ultimate barrier.
So when they say two isn't enough, you will not question it?
Rockie wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:35 am Fauci has been wearing masks his entire professional life...
Not in the general public like we have to. In a lab, in a surgical environment, and around vulnerable people, obviously it makes sense. Many of his outings and briefings he didn't wear one, and that's during COVID.
He's a doctor turned politician. His legacy of continuous inconsistencies and front-page vanity since the 1980s are a testament to this, not to mention the waste of hundreds of millions of dollars on fruitless "research." There's a reason that he is one of the world's number 1 disease spokesmen.
Putting Fauci at the front of COVID is about the same as putting Colin Powell at the front of "Iraq definitely has WMDs."
Rockie wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:35 am That makes them smarter than you
Or simply unburdened by thought.

Tell me where the 21088 people fit into the bell curve.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

ReserveTank wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:58 am If only there was a test to know if you were sick.
You're being daft. Tests are not 100% accurate. Tests do not account for the time after you leave the room. And getting a test isn't as easy, isn't as widely available nor as timely as we would like. So inbetween tests wear a mask. Do you really not understand that?
ReserveTank wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:58 am
So when they say two isn't enough, you will not question it?
Not having a PHD in infectious desease and devoting the last year to extensive research of it, why would I?
ReserveTank wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:58 am Not in the general public like we have to. In a lab, in a surgical environment, and around vulnerable people, obviously it makes sense.

Completely beyond you to make that intellectual leap isn't it?
ReserveTank wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:58 am He's a doctor turned politician.
No, he's a doctor working in the same field he's been in his whole professional life. You are a pilot turned infectious desease expert.
ReserveTank wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:58 am Or simply unburdened by thought.
They're still smarter than you. For more proof consider that you're arguing with me whether or not you are smarter than a chicken.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Rockie wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:29 am So inbetween tests wear a mask.
The original point is that a negative test DOES NOT release you from the mask-wearing requirement. They are also saying that the vaccine won't either. Back to the question-if you're not sick, why wear a mask?
Rockie wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:29 am Tests are not 100% accurate.
This also means that the confirmed COVID data is bad. It implies that everyone is following erroneous data. We shut down the world based on this data.
Rockie wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:29 am Not having a PHD in infectious desease and devoting the last year to extensive research of it, why would I?
Because it's about how well you follow authority figures and not about actual science. They were actually researching it in a lab in Wuhan for the past several years. The past 1 year has simply been the TV soap opera part. This just shows how directly you're connected to mainstream media. They tell you what to do, you hop. You have one thing right, though-They're way ahead of you on this. They trick you with twisted language and make you believe that their contradictions are somehow linked to the genius that only they possess.
Rockie wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:29 am No, he's a doctor working in the same field he's been in his whole professional life.
A doctor in title only. He gets to be the face of disease because he is able to yank hundreds of millions of dollars for research and help his political and business friends invest in the next "health crisis." He is an investor (along with Gates) in vaccine research, which includes a Wuhan facility. This alone should be enough conflict of interest to disqualify him...in a normal world. Referring to the Iraq analogy-Remember when the Yanks went into Iraq and awarded Cheney and his buddies contracts without a bid process? This is the same.
smarter than a chicken
"Chicken" struck me as a metaphor. See how I used it to compare a chicken pecking at its food to a person feeding off of the news?
Ah, literary devices. Not everybody gets it.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

ReserveTank wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:08 am Chicken struck me as a metaphor.
Ha ha. No, it's not a metaphor, I'm talking about real live farm chickens who have you beat when it comes to knowing how barriers work.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Rockie wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:00 am
ReserveTank wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:08 am Chicken struck me as a metaphor.
Ha ha. No, it's not a metaphor, I'm talking about real live farm chickens who have you beat when it comes to knowing how barriers work.
All this talk about farm animals reminds me of Animal Farm.

Human Factor
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Human Factor »

Will fix airplanes for food.
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Rockie wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:35 am
Fauci has been wearing masks his entire professional life, which is probably 3 times longer than you've been alive.
Here is Fauci wearing a mask at Americas favorite game: :lol:

Let’s Go Brandon
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Inverted2 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:57 pm
Rockie wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:35 am
Here is Fauci wearing a mask at Americas favorite game: :lol:

Snapshot with no context or information what he was doing 2 seconds before or after the picture was taken. It would be like someone snapping a picture the one second you pick your nose and implying you spend hours a day digging for nuggets.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Here's another photo. Maybe he was eating and some anti-masker photo shopped the beer and hotdog out of his hands? :roll:

Let’s Go Brandon

Return to “Covid”