CAME's that will complete telehealth or virtual assessments

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

bobcaygeon
Rank 7
Rank 7

CAME's that will complete telehealth or virtual assessments

Post by bobcaygeon »

Transport Canada has advised that the Medical Attestation exemption ends on March 31st, 2021 and that all submissions must be sent in by March 1st as a medical expiring April 1st won't qualify. Going forward it'll be a virtual or in person appointment depending on your CAME. It's direction from ICAO.

On the positive end the CAME can be anywhere in the country for virtual medicals vs your local CAME.

Can anyone provide with CAME's that will do this virtually or over the phone as it's up to CAME and the local health authority for "in person" visits so TC doesn't have a list?

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

carnie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: CAME's that will complete telehealth or virtual assessments

Post by carnie »

Expanding on the original post just looking for some clarification in regards to the medical attestation as I have recieved conflicting info. My Cat 1 expired May 1 2020, I completed the self attestation in July and am wondering if I am technically allowed to renew again before March 31 via attestation if my medical fitness has not changed?

bobcaygeon
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by bobcaygeon »

There's supposed to be more guidance on this being released by this friday but I don't know if it'll be on the website that day.

Milbourne
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Milbourne »

Does the attestation exemption continue after March 31st 2021?

Cessna 180
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cessna 180 »

Dr. Gilmore in Vaughn will do them (he's been doing them since last year). He's also very reasonable in price.

bobcaygeon
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by bobcaygeon »

Milbourne wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:54 am Does the attestation exemption continue after March 31st 2021?
Not unless there's another exemption issued but it appears to be a WIP. The website is actually pretty good.

https://tc.canada.ca/en/aviation/medica ... e-renewals

Return to “General Comments”