Write Justin Trudeau

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
DouglasPenner
Rank 0
Rank 0

Write Justin Trudeau

Post by DouglasPenner »

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/c ... -1.5926728

Everyone is getting a free postcard.

Send it to Justin Trudeau at

Office of the Prime Minister
80 Wellington Street
Ottawa, ON K1A 0A2

Saying #SaveCanadianAviation or somthing similar.

Doug
---------- ADS -----------

172_Captain
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Write Justin Trudeau

Post by 172_Captain »

Really. What is this going to accomplish. He won’t read them, and in some crazy universe where he does, I don’t think he’ll get the message when one in 10,000 cards say #savecanadianaviation

Clearly the federal government isn’t interested in doing a bailout. It’s not because they’re deaf and blind to the situation.

rotorspeed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rotorspeed »

Write in the next election ballot " conservative candidate"

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

rotorspeed wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:48 pm Write in the next election ballot " conservative candidate"
You do realize that the conservative platform in the last election included allowing cabotage for foreign airlines. Yup, allow southwest to start running yvr to yyz etc. It was in the platform documents nobody bothered to read.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

I wrote JT and told him I'm an expert in ending pandemics and I declared this pandemic over!

Texas is doing things right!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/02/us/texas ... index.html

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

goldeneagle wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:22 pm
rotorspeed wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:48 pm Write in the next election ballot " conservative candidate"
You do realize that the conservative platform in the last election included allowing cabotage for foreign airlines. Yup, allow southwest to start running yvr to yyz etc. It was in the platform documents nobody bothered to read.

The Americans have resisted the reciprocity of cabotage agreements in the trucking industry , and maritime industry under NAFTA agreements to diminish national cabotage and provide efficiency to larger transportation corporations . Once Cabotage is diminished in the trucking industry , maritime industry , logic might conclude Aviation industry would be next but the Big players in America would be reluctant to offer any reciprocal cabotage agreements. Their sandbox , their rules .

rotorspeed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rotorspeed »

At least they would open the country and support business

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

DouglasPenner wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:02 pm https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/c ... -1.5926728

Everyone is getting a free postcard.

Send it to Justin Trudeau at

Office of the Prime Minister
80 Wellington Street
Ottawa, ON K1A 0A2

Saying #SaveCanadianAviation or somthing similar.

Doug
"Stephen Harper, tu me manques <3"

Cessna 180
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cessna 180 »

I don't know why you need the postcard to send him a letter. Mail to federal MPs is free regardless.

Rooster69
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rooster69 »

Don’t bother sending a letter to our pm. He doesn’t care. We would probably get more action if every editor and news outlet started getting postcards from pilots.

Stoptheworld
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Stoptheworld »

Better make it out in crayon so he can understand.

You'll get far better traction if you put your return address as:

SNC-Lavalin
455 Boulevard Rene Levesque West
Montreal, QC
H2Z 1Z3

Stop the World - I Wanna Get Off
Rooster69
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rooster69 »

Stoptheworld wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:46 pm Better make it out in crayon so he can understand.

You'll get far better traction if you put your return address as:

SNC-Lavalin
455 Boulevard Rene Levesque West
Montreal, QC
H2Z 1Z3
That is brilliant! I think I’ll do that.

RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by RedAndWhiteBaron »

Stoptheworld wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:46 pm Better make it out in crayon so he can understand.
There was a massive fire in the George W. Bush presidential library yesterday. The president was particularly distraught, as both books were destroyed. He had almost finished coloring the second one.

:smt040

I will dance the sky on laughter-silvered wings.
Dh8Classic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dh8Classic »

Seeing as there has been earlier discussion about the quality of Trudeau's pick for a very important job, you might want to read this:

"Don Martin: After that devastating auditor general's report, why does Tam still have a job?

OTTAWA -- The unwritten conclusion of that scathing auditor general's report into how the Public Health Agency botched early pandemic detection is obvious: Replace Dr. Theresa Tam.

That might sound harsh for the high-profile face who has been calmly cajoling Canadians to stay home, wash their hands and, after her change of mind last April, wear a face mask in public.

But there’s no sugar-coating blame for the abysmally slow early detection and erroneous risk assessment of COVID-19 in Canada, as extensively documented in a report last week by the auditor general.

The Public Health Agency of Canada is guardian of our health against external and domestic threats. Its failures can have life or death consequences. And if accountability for its systemic breakdowns mean anything, the chief must pay the price.

Incredibly, Tam is largely unapologetic for insisting there was a low risk of COVID-19 spreading throughout Canada until five days after the global pandemic was declared last March 11.

She heel-digs in her position that there was nothing wrong with focusing on Canada’s 24-hour virus picture last spring, while ignoring the possible implications of that rapid rate of infection in other countries spreading here.

That, snapped highly-respected report researcher Wesley Wark in the Globe and Mail, is "defending the indefensible."

After all, this was no mere hiccup in a senior official’s performance of duties.

Tam is Canada’s designated canary in the COVID coal mine -- and she barely peeped at governments to act until the virus had already danced through the doorstep into long-term care centres and beyond.

The mind reels at how her agency had two pandemic response meetings where there was “little discussion” on its low-risk COVID-19 assessment until a day AFTER the global pandemic had been declared.

Some empathy here: It’s impossible to craft the perfect response when a contagious virus outbreak of this magnitude is sweeping the planet. And it's worth noting the agency has introduced improvements since the pandemic took hold.

But Tam co-chaired the pandemic readiness committee in 2006 after SARS and that makes the shoddy state of detection, communication and decisive action particularly hard to fathom.

Consider the shortcomings list identified by the Auditor General, a list of wrongs which is a lot longer than what they did right.

Under Tam’s leadership, the agency failed to update its emergency management plan in 2018 as scheduled or review its pandemic preparedness in 2019 as required.

It fell short of effective data sharing, didn’t upgrade surveillance standards, had challenges with quarantine tracking and lacked the right technology to do the job properly.

And, as mentioned earlier as the most egregious flaw, Tam neglected "forward looking assessments" of what it would mean if the pandemic took root in Canada, opting instead for daily snapshots using a pilot program not approved for pandemic detection and analysis.

Honestly, can anyone think of a more important role for Canada’s chief public health officer than spotting an incoming health danger, loudly sounding the alarm and quickly advising government on how to contain it? Nothing more vital comes to mind.

When the House of Commons health committee summons her to answer for the agency’s flaws and failures at a critical moment, perhaps MPs will ask Theresa Tam that question and one more: Why should she keep her job?

That’s the bottom line."

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/don-mar ... -1.5366995

McKinley
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by McKinley »

goldeneagle wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:22 pm

YUP! Indeed it does! Pierre Poliv..( or however it’s spelled) literally comes out in a speech lumping Canadian airlines with telecommunications companies in canada as having a monopoly. His solution? Bring in LCC’s and Cabotage to increase competition and increase wages.( no joke)

We’re stuck in between two political parties ... both completely hellbent on destroying aviation. ( further)

Call me doom and gloom but this feels pretty damn depressing. WAWCON has been going into the toilet since 9/11.

Meanwhile, south of the border, wages are increasing and American carriers are HIRING in the hundreds .. not re-hiring.. HIRING.

The rest of the economy isn’t far behind Canadian aviation ..in my uneducated opinion.

Canadians are far too apathetic, ignorant and self serving to really care..until the economy implodes on itself under hyper inflation and insane debt loads. Even then, I’m not sure people will care. Too busy pontificating Ze, Zim and Zir and how racist we are.

Return to “Covid”