I'm going to court

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

redlaser
Rank 5
Rank 5

I'm going to court

Post by redlaser »

Last September I received a letter from the TC medical officer requesting I get a hearing test, I sent him back a fax letter stating that PM Doug Ford told me to stay at home because of the Coranavirus, guess what, two weeks ago I received a letter from TC who cancelled by pilot licence, So now I will go before the tribunal to fight to get my pilot licence back. the thing is there's nothing wrong with my hearing.
---------- ADS -----------

Don't let your wife talk you out of buying an airplane, :D
Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: I'm going to court

Post by Beefitarian »

What?

gwagen
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gwagen »

redlaser wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:03 pm Last September I received a letter from the TC medical officer requesting I get a hearing test, I sent him back a fax letter stating that PM Doug Ford told me to stay at home because of the Coranavirus, guess what, two weeks ago I received a letter from TC who cancelled by pilot licence, So now I will go before the tribunal to fight to get my pilot licence back. the thing is there's nothing wrong with my hearing.
Sometimes it’s between the ears that causes the problem.

172_Captain
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 172_Captain »

Is this going to impact your current lawsuit against TC???

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=139513&p=1121217#p1121217

northernpilot2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by northernpilot2 »

redlaser wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:03 pm Doug Ford told me to stay at home
So he runs your life now? jeez

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

Do not resist...

Attachments
obey.jpeg
obey.jpeg (96.61 KiB) Viewed 6991 times
Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
switchflicker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by switchflicker »

A couple of things come to mind.
First, I'll bet ya that IF they (TC) have taken any action at this time, your licence is suspended, not cancelled. But methinks they would send you a few more warning shots. (Unless of course you've use up all your warnings in unrelated matters) Commanding that the regulator proceed with a biologically and physiologically impossible maneuver will not help your case by the way.
Second, If your CAME didn't do a hearing test or the one he did raised some eyebrows, Why wouldn't you just go to an audiologist and get er done? They don't get into your mouth or nose to assess your hearing. Wear a mask for the whole painful operation. (Unless again, you've used up all of your masks complying with the dictates of Ford.)
A full hearing test takes around thirty min.
A full hearing at a Tribunal takes a day or two and a lawyer at your side is almost a requirement.
Stay Positive
Test Negative

"I'd rather have it and not need than to need it and not have it" Capt. Augustus McCrae.
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

What's their reasoning?

He passed a medical.

There's no hearing problem.

They can't just call you for arbitrary tests out of the blue.

Last edited by altiplano on Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

An audio test is a requirement , I believe, at some stage.
And, from personal experience, yes they can ask for additional tests, though they usually are good about giving you time to get them done. Seems like there is a bit more to this.

Beats me why the OP would not just go get an audiogram.

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post
kevenv
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by kevenv »

My CAME told me when I turned 55 that I needed a hearing test and that I could get one done and she would forward it with my medical or I could wait till TC demanded one. I went and got it done.

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

Go see an audiologist and don't argue with TC. You cannot win, and quit being so proud. They hold all the cards.

Gino Under
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Gino Under »

redlaser

Well, I guess you’ll show them what’s what.
😂😂😂😂😂

Gino Under

"I'll tell you what's wrong with society. No one drinks from the skulls of their enemies!"
lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

I’m curious, and I think I know the answer, but what is the best possible outcome from the tribunal here?

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Assuming the OP is a working pilot, what lofty principle is he risking his livelihood for? I don't understand.

willpilot4
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by willpilot4 »

Why do you need a license if you can’t leave home?

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

You absolutely can argue and win against the government and their bureaucrats.

Now, there may be more to this story, but they cannot spuriously cancel a valid medical, and maintain that under review, because you don't submit to their additional arbitrary examinations seemingly out of nowhere.

Been there done that. Told them I had a Cat 1 medical signed and I would exercise the privilege it afforded, that their suppositions were wrong, and their desire for additional testing was without merit. I never heard from them again... almost 20 years ago...

No hearing problems? Nothing flagged in a Cat 1 requiring further investigation at the time? Why incur the hassle and expense of additional testing at the arbitrary whim of TC?

Maybe this individual has been flying an MU2 for 20 years and TC is saying enough is enough we got to check this guy out... but really it's just bureaucratic flexing. I'd push back. It's our job to submit to an examination by a CAME in the regulatory prescribed interval, it's not our job to submit to bureaucratic overreach.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

Best case scenario: TC medical officer, says it's not worth the time, gives medical back.
Worst case scenario: you wait a year or two and TATC send the case back for reconsideration (they can't reinstate your medical), TC takes another year or two to reconsider, gives you back your medical.
Really worst case scenario: you wait a year or two and TATC dismisses the case and you've (potentially) permanently lost your medical.

-or-
you can just get your hearing test done.

Let us know how this works out for you.

“Bob”
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by “Bob” »

These types of things are always entertaining.

You’re still a sheep. But you’re just going to get a cattle prod, instead.

https://youtu.be/D3cc_tgE__w

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

https://tc.canada.ca/en/aviation/public ... s-tp-13312

Scroll down to figure 2.

For cat 1 and cat 2 medical, audiogram required at age 55. In all other cases, audiogram required 'if clinically indicated', defined as messing up the whisper test during the exam with CAME farther down in the document.

My guess is, OP has reached age of 55, audogram request is routine, and all of us beyond the age of 55 have 'been there, done that'.

Another possibility, OP decided to be as obstinate with the CAME as he is with TC (reference other threads), and intentionally messed up the whisper test during a routine medical, which will trigger the request for an audiogram.

JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by JasonE »

Bottom line is flying is a privilege not a right in our country...You have to do what is required to maintain that privilege.

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright

Return to “General Comments”