Zulu Air YXX?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

OtterThomson
Rank 0
Rank 0

Zulu Air YXX?

Post by OtterThomson »

Was driving by CYXX the other day and looked like some guys were putting up a new sign over the old Island Express office.. Zulu Air or something like that? Anyone know what that’s about?
---------- ADS -----------

Tubkal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Zulu Air YXX?

Post by Tubkal »

New business. They offer flight training, aircraft rentals. https://www.zuluaviation.ca/
Island Express Air has been dissolved afaik

Turboprops
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Turboprops »

They used to be Canwest flying club that offered block time

OtterThomson
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by OtterThomson »

Thanks! I was wondering if it was going to be some sort of Island Express/ Orca re-boot...

FixedWingAME
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FixedWingAME »

They're way worse than Island Express and Orca combined. Check out the linked post below and see what one of their customers have said about them. I've heard other people having similarly bad experiences with the state their aircraft are in despite saying they are all good to fly.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=148323&p=1166979&hi ... u#p1166979

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

FixedWingAME wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:36 pm They're way worse than Island Express and Orca combined. Check out the linked post below and see what one of their customers have said about them. I've heard other people having similarly bad experiences with the state their aircraft are in despite saying they are all good to fly.

Tell us what you really think 😆

FixedWingAME
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FixedWingAME »

PitchLink wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:25 pm
FixedWingAME wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:36 pm They're way worse than Island Express and Orca combined. Check out the linked post below and see what one of their customers have said about them. I've heard other people having similarly bad experiences with the state their aircraft are in despite saying they are all good to fly.

Tell us what you really think 😆
Somebody's gotta do it lol since TC doesn't seem to care until there's an accident 🤷‍♂️

piperasleep
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by piperasleep »

Sorry for bringing this up but I would personally avoid Zulu. They seem to be changing their name and base like every 6 months, which is super sketch. Myself and another friend bought some block time with them and they seemed cool at the beginning, but I just got a weird vibe around them. I could feel that they don't really know what they are doing, and it was clearly a very disorganized business. I personally talked with one of the managers and they seemed nice at first, but then they started berating me around for silly and uncalled things, and failing to admit their business shortcoming and messiness with me and other customers. I flew their planes a few times and decided to leave. I couldn't get a refund because block time was apparently 'non-refundable' (super sketch). I couldn't care less. I'm now part of another flight club, and although is not as affordable as Zulu, the people are nice, friendly and they actually care about aviation.

I can't talk about the maintenance side of things but their hangar was full (I mean FULL) of airplane and airplane parts, tools; again, super disorganized.

Return to “General Comments”