Air Canada and Transat A.T. Inc agree to terminate Arrangement Agreement

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Air Canada and Transat A.T. Inc agree to terminate Arrangement Agreement

Post by Hangry »

Without a doubt the TS pilots were much bigger trolls.

At the end of the day this is a huge win for AC pilots and the company.
---------- ADS -----------

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

altiplano wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:56 pm
330heavy wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:47 pm
altiplano wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:32 pm

Absolutely. Paper thin skin on any discussion, requesting the 777 manuals so they can get a head start on taking YOUR seat, gloating about salty tears, and just genuine straight up insults.

Are you defending and agreeing with your coworkers' insults, they certainly were there which is the point I think he's making.

Anyway... it's over. Best of luck, I never wished any misfortune on anyone.

Besides, it looks like the Transport Minister is already tweeting his support, Trudeau, PKP, Peladeau, they'll all be there for Quebec jobs.
Reality as you forgotten, is many including you were/are the biggest trolls. There was more from TS who were looking to working together and building a relationship than what was shown here from the AC groupe.

Despite the immaturity shown above and in other threads, TS will survive, and hopefully we all can work as one to progress our profession.
Please post what I said.

In fact I absorbed insults ad nauseam.

None of that matters now, FL320, Gatrkga, DanWEC, Airboy1 ect can all go enjoy their lifestyle airline together again. This deal is dead, all pilots won, all Transat employees won, the executive committees of both airlines likely lost a fat bonus but I shed no tears for them.

I look forward to using the Transat recips again soon. If the glorious days of OAL in the flightdeck return any Transat pilot will be more than welcome to a seat in my cockpit. We should all be happy today.

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

Exactly, nothing matters anymore, and all talk of trolls is incidental fluff. The announcement has been made. The deal is dead and done.

Good luck to all those at AT.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

100%.

Behind us all. Good luck moving forward.

dissent
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dissent »

Last edited by dissent on Mon May 31, 2021 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dh8Classic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dh8Classic »

Sort of followed the threads but not too closely. Were there really some nasty posts by AT pilots or just people being overly sensitive. Post a few that were bad, if any exist.

FL030
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL030 »

There was but it could be anyone trying to rile people up. Just like people are posting nasty things as AC pilots now. The deal is dead so it's in the past. Good luck to all Transat employees.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

If the government is going to get all horny about saving Quebec jobs, one would hope they will think more broadly and look at the whole industry. I also worry about those who used to work at WJ, and nobody made a political move to save their jobs.

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

Careful what you wish for; Peladeau is not a nice guy to work for by all accounts. Ask the Journal de Montreal employees about that. And why did nobody make a move to save WJ jobs? Maybe because if it isn't the oil industry, Alberta's governments don't care. While we are on that topic, Air Canada now has even more money in their pockets now, and I certainly hope they get 0 from the feds. As a taxpayer, I don't like seeing my dollars go to increasing share value, much as I might sympathise with everyone who has suffered during this pandemic.

Thorjones
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Thorjones »

Hangry wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:09 pm Without a doubt the TS pilots were much bigger trolls.

At the end of the day this is a huge win for AC pilots and the company.

Agreed and refused to admit they needed this deal to save their jobs even before this pandemic!
Transat constantly was bleeding money during a time where every other major airline in Canada was able to turn a profit.
They won the lottery with this deal and refused to admit it, playing the "we didn't ask for this" card. No you didn't, but you desperately needed it.

But in saying all the above, I want to add.....I'm glad this deal is dead, my "precious senority" is safe now. I want Transat to come out of this better than ever and I wish every employee at Transat the best. I want them all to have jobs and be able to feed their families.

redbusdriver
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by redbusdriver »

transat pilots are quiet on here now. likely working on their app again to come here > botl :lol: dont worry we welcome you all now :goodman:

Dias
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dias »

redbusdriver wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:12 am transat pilots are quiet on here now. likely working on their app again to come here > botl :lol: dont worry we welcome you all now :goodman:
I read this with a French accent in my head automatically for some reason.

redbusdriver
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by redbusdriver »

don't be silly ****, but i can do a good accent. just happy with the outcome and tired of the gloat and bs we had to endure form the ts side. going forward i'll refrain from commenting on this topic further, and as mentioned welcome future ts pilots should they need to reapply here.

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

Not all TS guys gloated. I have one that was very thankful, happy, and humble about it, he is a bit junior. Then I had another that was totally cocky, laughed, and said he will take my seniority etc, he is 6 years in at TS. So I feel really bad for some of the guys at TS but not for others. And im glad there is no seniority war now. Also I'm 100% sure TS will get new investors and will be fine.

tsgas
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgas »

ayseven wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:30 am Careful what you wish for; Peladeau is not a nice guy to work for by all accounts. Ask the Journal de Montreal employees about that. And why did nobody make a move to save WJ jobs? Maybe because if it isn't the oil industry, Alberta's governments don't care. While we are on that topic, Air Canada now has even more money in their pockets now, and I certainly hope they get 0 from the feds. As a taxpayer, I don't like seeing my dollars go to increasing share value, much as I might sympathise with everyone who has suffered during this pandemic.
Your anti Alberta view has been noted . WJ has been the most profitable airline in Canada during the past 25 years , whereas TS has been bleeding cash way before the pandemic.

simply_no_one
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by simply_no_one »

tsgas wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:07 am
ayseven wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:30 am Careful what you wish for; Peladeau is not a nice guy to work for by all accounts. Ask the Journal de Montreal employees about that. And why did nobody make a move to save WJ jobs? Maybe because if it isn't the oil industry, Alberta's governments don't care. While we are on that topic, Air Canada now has even more money in their pockets now, and I certainly hope they get 0 from the feds. As a taxpayer, I don't like seeing my dollars go to increasing share value, much as I might sympathise with everyone who has suffered during this pandemic.
Your anti Alberta view has been noted . WJ has been the most profitable airline in Canada during the past 25 years , whereas TS has been bleeding cash way before the pandemic.
Westjet has been the most profitable in Canada for the last 25 years? Show that data... I'm curious.

Dias
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dias »

My concern is that Transat had a negative impact on AC pilot WAWCON (Rouge) even when it was doing well, now that it might be operating at reduced cost basis it could have an even greater negative impact AC pilots and the whole industry in general since they set the bar.

tsgas
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgas »

simply_no_one wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:19 pm
Westjet has been the most profitable in Canada for the last 25 years? Show that data... I'm curious.
Prove me wrong. That's something that I would like to see.

simply_no_one
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by simply_no_one »

tsgas wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:05 pm
simply_no_one wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:19 pm

Prove me wrong. That's something that I would like to see.
You're the one making the claim, not me. So surely you have some data to back up the claim?

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

It would be ironic if this goes on for a while and the Quebec gov acquired a portion of Transat for aid only for AC to go through hard times and have Transat purchase AC down the road in a weird twisted way of the Quebec gov buying part of AC

Return to “General Comments”