United Airlines hiring goals

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

kgb531
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: United Airlines hiring goals

Post by kgb531 »

ReserveTank wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:26 pm
photofly wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:27 pm Any sentence written by a man that begins "Women are generally...." is 100% guaranteed to be a humdinger which tells you nothing about women and everything about the man who writes it. Yours is not an exception.
You're denying nature, and therefore, science. Like most Western men, you are uneducated on the basics of humans and the differences of the sexes.

photofly wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:27 pm I'd like the people who fill well paid and responsible jobs to reflect society around them.
Our society has been steadily devolving for the past 60 years. You'll certainly reap the reflection of society that you seek.
photofly wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:27 pm I think diversity is a moral good. If there's a way to achieve it I think it should be explored.
Diversity's real meaning is forcing people into positions that they weren't qualified for or didn't desire in the first place. One way diversity is achieved is through lowering/eliminating testing standards.
There is no doubt that the state will achieve it-They are way beyond the exploration phase. It's only news to you now.

Of course, what you're failing to mention is what effect booting White guys from an industry will have:

Severely lowered wages
Extreme competition for few open jobs
Reduction/elimination of benefits
Return of loose or even abusive contract language

You know, all those things that terrible Whitey fought against.

You see, it's not about diversity and moral good. It's about resetting the clock on working conditions so that every pilot can work like an Amazon distribution centre slave or an Uber driver. The oligarchy has already firmly established through decades of trial and error that diversity is the way to create a slave class. So what you're promoting is indeed abusive to women and...diverse people. It's slavery, the very thing you believe that you're against.

As I've said, it's all psychology, and you've been tricked.
LOL. ^ when pilots forget we're just pilots. If you were smart enough to be anything else, you would have been anything else. Have you quit beating your wife yet?
---------- ADS -----------

newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by newlygrounded »

photofly wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:56 pm
digits_ wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:43 pm
photofly wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:36 pm
However, for as long as being an airline pilot is a well paid and respected job, I would like my daughter to have the same access to it as a career as my son; without the extra hurdle of being the only woman in her ground school class, the only woman on the type rating course, and the only worman in the flight deck.
She already has.
Sadly, not. If she did, we’d already have 50% female airline pilots.
Why is being the only (fe)male in a class a hurdle?
Because for as long as she’s the only woman, everything she does and achieves is about being the sole female. If she succeeds, it’s because as a woman she has to work harder than the men. If she fails, it’s because women aren’t as good as men. For as long as there’s only one woman around, she’s both an unwilling representative and an oddity, and that’s stressful.

Read some testimonies from black students who were the only visible minority in their classes. I’ll try to find you some.
Has anyone ever actually looked into the reasons why women are less likely to go for a flying career?

I think women are generally smarter than us, so for them logic will prevail more often (And this career is a moonshot imo) I know most people seem to start out by getting a job doing grunt work up north, which for obvious reasons yeah would be more difficult, though not sure how AC and the other big players can have any effect on this reality if they wanted to?

It's amazing despite us all being pilots, how shitty I see others act to each other in the pattern!

betster
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by betster »

Moderators this whole discussion is extremely offensive to women and I hope you remove it. There are most definitely systematic things in place keeping women out of the industry including the sexism displayed in this discussion. Perhaps if you will never have to face pumping your breasts in a planes toilet you should reconsider your authority to speak on the subject.

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

EDITED. 'Telex', take a holiday for a couple of weeks, and reconsider your attitude towards 'newlygrounded'

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by newlygrounded »

telex wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:59 pm
It's amazing despite us all being pilots, how shitty I see others act to each other in the pattern!
drop·out
/ˈdräpˌout/
noun
1. a person who has abandoned a course of study or who has rejected conventional society to pursue an alternative lifestyle.
I'm happy I'm living in you head rent free :smt040

Dh8Classic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dh8Classic »

photofly wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:18 pm
digits_ wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:58 pm
Why do you see this as evidence of systemic discrimination? Can you give a possible example?

The hypothesis is that women don't *want* to be pilots, not that they are being discouraged from the whole process.
In an equal world, the same number of women will want to be pilots as men, because absent discrimination there is nothing about being a pilot that is more suited to one sex or the other.
It amazes me the complete lack of thought process in some people. Do you think it is systemic discrimination because you never see a female trash collector. Or working the sewars, etc.

Can we work toward a policy where the people who support these affirmative action policies identify themselves and then they can be put on the no-hire list to make way for the diversity hires.

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

Just a reminder...

You are not part of the aviation industry.

You never were.

You never will be.

As always, I appreciate your insightful thoughts into the industry you are not a part of. Nor have ever been. Nor ever will be.

:rolleyes:

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by newlygrounded »

telex wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:18 pm
Just a reminder...

You are not part of the aviation industry.

You never were.

You never will be.

As always, I appreciate your insightful thoughts into the industry you are not a part of. Nor have ever been. Nor ever will be.

:rolleyes:
I'm happy whatever problems I have in life, they won't be bad enough to make me stalk a stranger to attack them online. Please get help!

ALPApolicy
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ALPApolicy »

In the USA they call this policy of quota hiring, “Affirmative Action”, which is a polite way of saying “Justifiable Discrimination”.

Fight it. Don’t let up. Let Jordan Peterson be your guide. These misguided attempts at social engineering by race hustlers and grifters will not end well. It’s not a new story.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Dh8Classic wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:08 pm It amazes me the complete lack of thought process in some people. Do you think it is systemic discrimination because you never see a female trash collector. Or working the sewars, etc.
(Sewers, not “sewars”)
Your premise is false, as there are women who work in these roles, but they are few, and yes, it absolutely is systemic discrimination:
https://www.mswmanagement.com/collectio ... n-in-waste
Spot the troubling generalizations about women in that article, by the way, and you might see why it’s not a very good approach to what it’s trying to achieve.)

Here’s an ad for a municipal sewer worker. Is there anything at all here to suggest a woman wouldn’t be able to do or should want this job any less than a man?

https://jobs.toronto.ca/jobsatcity/job/ ... 545897017/

Anything except your prejudice, that is? And your attitude - that it’s not surprising, that’s it’s acceptable, and that it’s appropriate that women don’t want to work in this field, or that field, because it’s not “women’s work” is precisely the systemic discrimination that needs to be fixed.

Seriously: try to think of a reason why a sewer worker shouldn’t be a woman, without forming some discriminatory and disgusting piece of generalizing yeuch that starts “women in general are/aren’t...” any time your mind starts to go there, realize you’re part of the problem.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Seriously: try to think of a reason why a sewer worker shouldn’t be a woman, without forming some discriminatory and disgusting piece of generalizing yeuch that starts “women in general are/aren’t...” any time your mind starts to go there, realize you’re part of the problem
Because no one wants to be a sewer worker. However women tend to not have the responsibility of being sole provider, so they can pick and choose more than men.

My wife wants to start her own business. I have no desire to do so and she can’t understand why. Cause it doesn’t interest me in the slightest running a business. People are different.

ALPApolicy
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ALPApolicy »

Of course some women, who have claimed the victim role, will find sexism everywhere. For those that have done so, it is much easier than looking inward at their own life choices. They get to play the victim role and blame the patriarchy and their work is done. So they stagnate in their resentment.

Everyone has challenges. Get over yourself and look for the change within. As JBP says, make sure your bed is made before you try to change the world.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Thinking on this subject:

Most Bus, Taxi drivers are men as well.

However, more women are starting businesses, and a majority of law and medical students are now women.

Gee, which group is a closer analogy for a commercial pilot?

Adjust....or....

Last edited by rookiepilot on Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

C-GGGQ wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:33 am
Seriously: try to think of a reason why a sewer worker shouldn’t be a woman, without forming some discriminatory and disgusting piece of generalizing yeuch that starts “women in general are/aren’t...” any time your mind starts to go there, realize you’re part of the problem
Because no one wants to be a sewer worker. However women tend to not have the responsibility of being sole provider, so they can pick and choose more than men..
Again with the sexism. Women don’t have to work because they have men to look after them? Pat on the head for women who choose to have a hobby that earns them some pocket money, but we should leave the good paying jobs for men because they have the responsibilities.

If there wasn’t so much sexism from people like you, you’d find that more women would have the responsibility of being the “provider”. Don’t you get it?

Yes, people are different. Some people want to be sewer workers - the pay is good, you see a hidden part of the city, the camaraderie is great. Some people don’t - it’s smelly, and you wade in shit.

But there’s no reason why those preferences are to do with what sex you are.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

photofly wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:24 am
C-GGGQ wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:33 am
Because no one wants to be a sewer worker. However women tend to not have the responsibility of being sole provider, so they can pick and choose more than men..
Again with the sexism. Women don’t have to work because they have men to look after them? Pat on the head for women who choose to have a hobby that earns them some pocket money, but we should leave the good paying jobs for men because they have the responsibilities.

If there wasn’t so much sexism from people like you, you’d find that more women would have the responsibility of being the “provider”. Don’t you get it?

Yes, people are different. Some people want to be sewer workers - the pay is good, you see a hidden part of the city, the camaraderie is great. Some people don’t - it’s smelly, and you wade in shit.

But there’s no reason why those preferences are to do with what sex you are.
That’s not what I said at all. Sewer work doesn’t pay well. People only do it cause they have to. Like it or not most women don’t HAVE to do it. They have other options. I never said women shouldn’t have careers, but 99.999% of the time that mean’s a two income houshold. Single income households are almost always the man. Hell my wife who wants to run a business also wants to be a stay at home mom. She has a career now. She wants more. I have a career now. I am happy with it. That’s the difference and it had 100% to do with your sex. We are wired different and have different wants and priorities.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

I never said women shouldn’t have careers, but 99.999% of the time that mean’s a two income houshold
Boy do you ever need to open your eyes past the borders of your comfortable middle class ghetto!
C-GGGQ wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:52 am ...it had 100% to do with your sex. We are wired different and have different wants and priorities.
I regret that for as long as you think that to be true (and are not just trolling) you ARE the problem that United is taking action against.

Last edited by photofly on Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

photofly wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:56 am
I never said women shouldn’t have careers, but 99.999% of the time that mean’s a two income houshold[/quote]Boy do you ever need to open your eyes past the border of your middle class ghetto!
No kidding. Try growing up, son.

Last edited by rookiepilot on Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

I never said women shouldn’t have careers, but 99.999% of the time that mean’s a two income houshold
Boy do you ever need to open your eyes past the borders of your comfortable middle class ghetto!
C-GGGQ wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:52 am ...it had 100% to do with your sex. We are wired different and have different wants and priorities.
I regret that for as long as you think that to be true (and are not just trolling) you ARE the problem that United is taking action against.
I live in a slummy basement apartment with no control over the heat. Not some “middle class ghetto”. Are you really disputing that men and women have different priorities and desires?

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

rookiepilot wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:00 am
Boy do you ever need to open your eyes past the border of your middle class ghetto!
Try reading. And son? Really? Nothing i’ve said is untrue. See many stay at home husbands?

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

C-GGGQ wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:09 am
rookiepilot wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:00 am
photofly wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:56 am Boy do you ever need to open your eyes past the border of your middle class ghetto!
Try reading. And son? Really? Nothing i’ve said is untrue. See many stay at home husbands?
Ever heard of single Mom's?

Sounds like that's a novel concept for you.

Return to “General Comments”