Election incoming....

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Rank 3
Rank 3

Election incoming....

Post by 2112 »

Sounds like our dear P.M. will be asking to dissolve parliament this weekend. I hope anyone who may have the pleasure of flying his campaign plane calls in sick. Voters memories are short but don't forget the utter disdain this government held towards our sector for most of this pandemic.
---------- ADS -----------

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Election incoming....

Post by CpnCrunch »

2112 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:19 am Sounds like our dear P.M. will be asking to dissolve parliament this weekend. I hope anyone who may have the pleasure of flying his campaign plane calls in sick. Voters memories are short but don't forget the utter disdain this government held towards our sector for most of this pandemic.
What do you mean, like bailing you out?

Ontario tories wanted to close the borders completely:

https://globalnews.ca/news/7843157/trud ... essive-ad/

And federal tories want to do the same:

https://www.conservative.ca/statement-f ... s-borders/

I don't see how closing the borders and all the nonsense we currently have is really protecting us. Show me a party that will have a sensible, scientific and rational approach to COVID and other issues, and I'll vote for them!

Mach1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Mach1 »

Aga Khan.
SNC-Lavaliin.
Blackface.
WE charity.
Kokanee grope.
C-10.
Admiral Norman.
Mr. Dressup visits India and brings a convicted criminal with him.
Minister's who have lied about their qualifications but are still in their cabinet post.
Head of Armed forces accused in sexual harassment.
Governor General.
No budget for 2 years.
Wilful obstruction of any and all investigations into all these events and more.

Is this really the person you want running your country? Is it? Because if it is, then you deserve any shit he hands out.

Saying, "Ya, but the other guys said (blank) or did (blank) 8 years ago" when they were lead by someone who isn't running and hasn't ruled the party since 2015, isn't having a valid argument about why your support of Trudeau is sensible. It's not... it's an emotional connection to his family name or to a non-existent idea that the Liberals are good for or care about anyone but themselves.

It is past time to give the Liberal Party a time out to go sit in the corner and think about what they have done.

Remember (I know you don't) when they said they were going to run a more transparent and open government? Well, they are actually worse than the Conservatives ever were. I'm not anti-liberal, but I sure as hell can not, in any good conscience, support the current leadership... and by that I mean everyone associated with the PMO, as in the entire cabinet. These people have supported scandal after scandal. And while people here looked on with confusion at how the American's could possibly elect and support Trump, We (people of Ontario) are doing the exact same thing with Trudeau. A dishonest, law breaking, dictator admiring, self-proclaimed king with delusions of grandeur.

It is time for someone new. New can be scary but anything, and I mean anything, would be better than what we have now. How could anyone possibly be worse? And you know what... whoever we elect to get rid of Trudeau, we can replace in 5 years time when the next election happens.

I'm going to knock this up a notch with my spice weasle. Bam!
redlaser
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by redlaser »

Is this site now becoming political, not aviation related, 🤔

Don't let your wife talk you out of buying an airplane, :D
Mach1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Mach1 »

redlaser wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:31 am Is this site now becoming political, not aviation related, 🤔
You could always go fly a kite. That's aviation related. :)

I'm going to knock this up a notch with my spice weasle. Bam!
redlaser
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by redlaser »

In addition to flying kites I also fly drones, also aviation related. 😃

Don't let your wife talk you out of buying an airplane, :D
47north
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 47north »

Mach1 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:26 am Aga Khan.
SNC-Lavaliin.
Blackface.
WE charity.
Kokanee grope.
C-10.
Admiral Norman.
Mr. Dressup visits India and brings a convicted criminal with him.
Minister's who have lied about their qualifications but are still in their cabinet post.
Head of Armed forces accused in sexual harassment.
Governor General.
No budget for 2 years.
Wilful obstruction of any and all investigations into all these events and more.

Is this really the person you want running your country? Is it? Because if it is, then you deserve any shit he hands out.

Saying, "Ya, but the other guys said (blank) or did (blank) 8 years ago" when they were lead by someone who isn't running and hasn't ruled the party since 2015, isn't having a valid argument about why your support of Trudeau is sensible. It's not... it's an emotional connection to his family name or to a non-existent idea that the Liberals are good for or care about anyone but themselves.

It is past time to give the Liberal Party a time out to go sit in the corner and think about what they have done.

Remember (I know you don't) when they said they were going to run a more transparent and open government? Well, they are actually worse than the Conservatives ever were. I'm not anti-liberal, but I sure as hell can not, in any good conscience, support the current leadership... and by that I mean everyone associated with the PMO, as in the entire cabinet. These people have supported scandal after scandal. And while people here looked on with confusion at how the American's could possibly elect and support Trump, We (people of Ontario) are doing the exact same thing with Trudeau. A dishonest, law breaking, dictator admiring, self-proclaimed king with delusions of grandeur.

It is time for someone new. New can be scary but anything, and I mean anything, would be better than what we have now. How could anyone possibly be worse? And you know what... whoever we elect to get rid of Trudeau, we can replace in 5 years time when the next election happens.
+1

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

redlaser wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:31 am Is this site now becoming political, not aviation related, 🤔
Aug 12, 2021 @ 1431 You complain about this site becoming political.

Aug 12, 2021 @ 1527 You start a post complaining about Israel and it's airstrikes on Syria.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

So the burning question is which airline Turdicus and the Lieberals will use during the campaign? I think it was Air Transat last time. I don’t know of a single airline employee that has one good thing to say about him but I know he will unfortunately get elected again.

Let’s Go Brandon
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I personally think since he’s anti oil and wants to force us into electric cars in 8 years the airlines should tell him to get bent and offer him a Nissan Leaf with a 90km range. :mrgreen:

Let’s Go Brandon
fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

It will probably be nolinor or flair

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

If I was a betting man I would bet AC flys both team red and team blue around.....keep an even spread :lol:

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Inverted2 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:43 pm I personally think since he’s anti oil and wants to force us into electric cars in 8 years the airlines should tell him to get bent and offer him a Nissan Leaf with a 90km range. :mrgreen:
Who are you talking about? I thought it was the guy who bought the only pipeline that is actually getting built.

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

Not really related to Canadian aviation.

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.

Return to “General Comments”