Pilot Shortage

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Pilot Shortage

Post by lownslow »

rookiepilot wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:49 am 2022 = Boom.
I had thought so too though now I’m concerned for some sort of major economic crash. I thought it odd that an election would be called this past summer amidst talk of a coming ‘fourth wave’ of the pandemic and figured the Libs knew things were about to get worse and they would get blamed for it. Try and grab that majority while you still can, you know? I think it was a misstep and the poll said seem to show the same but something still scared them into risking it. Looking at inflation lately, it appears to be rising the way it has before every other major economic downturn. That doesn’t bode well for our short term flying future but I hope I’m wrong. I’m not a finance guy.
---------- ADS -----------

Launchpad1
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Launchpad1 »

It'll all be back big time in early 2022. Covid is over. Everyone is being rehired right now. Airlines will be recruiting again in early 2022.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

lownslow wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:13 am
rookiepilot wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:49 am 2022 = Boom.
I had thought so too though now I’m concerned for some sort of major economic crash. I thought it odd that an election would be called this past summer amidst talk of a coming ‘fourth wave’ of the pandemic and figured the Libs knew things were about to get worse and they would get blamed for it. Try and grab that majority while you still can, you know? I think it was a misstep and the poll said seem to show the same but something still scared them into risking it. Looking at inflation lately, it appears to be rising the way it has before every other major economic downturn. That doesn’t bode well for our short term flying future but I hope I’m wrong. I’m not a finance guy.
It sure is possible, but looking at some markets, it looks like the numbers are the highest they've ever been.

Obviously a global downturn today, but markets go up and down all of the time.

Raincoast
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Raincoast »

EPR wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:17 pm
‘Bob’ wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:25 pm More communist style central planning I see. Is that what the People’s Republican Party wants? It’s so insidious how the far right by their actions actually imitates the far left.

You act as if it’s taxpayers money buying foreign oil when it’s nothing of the sort. Wanting a government to force a private company like Irving Oil to buy a poorer quality Canadian product that is far more environmentally unfriendly to extract (you can literally see the tar sands from the surface of the moon) and refine (takes a barrel to move a barrel, and another barrel to refine it) and would be far more expensive in a protected economy, probably leading to more people just going electric.

And after all of the subsidies to Canadian oil companies and tax cuts and low royalties and cleanup for orphan wells and a perennially unemployed workforce with a domino effect into a service sector entirely dependent on it, how much is left over for schools and hospitals and roads?

Meanwhile, here’s one of the few examples of a Canadian company buying a raw product from overseas and turning it into a value-added product. It creates a positive balance of trade as a lot of that product is exported, permanent employment, and lots of tax remittances from dividends and income taxes, as well as the excise and carbon taxes payed by the end users in Canada.

Is this Buffalo Bob, as in the former leader of the Ontario NDP, who crossed the floor to join the Libtards? You sound an awful lot like him! Buffalo Bob was a bicycle riding, tree hugging, Birkenstock wearing, latte drinking, granola crunching, Aloe Vera rubbing, Tofu eating, smart car driving loser!
Hmmm...A well thought out answer or an insulting rant? :?: I know who I'm going to believe... :P

EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by EPR »

Thanks to Raincoast and Bob...and other Peoplekind, $600 million has been spent on a cabnet shuffle! :smt011

Keep the dirty side down.
Raincoast
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Raincoast »

Funny thing about that ^ I'd stake a fair amount that the people whining about that expenditure wouldn't be doing so if their party of choice had come out on top..

EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by EPR »

Edited for..ahem..CLARITY!

Last edited by EPR on Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by EPR »

Raincoast wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:34 am Funny thing about that ^ I'd stake a fair amount that the people whining about that expenditure wouldn't be doing so if their party of choice had come out on top..
Funny thing about that ^....Clearly the party of choice didn't come up on top, in fact the Tories(CPC) won 34.1% of the total number of votes cast, which amounts to 35.8% of the total number of seats.The Libtards finished with just 31.8% of the total number of votes, unfortunately due to a terribly flawed election system, they took 46.2% of the total seats! :rolleyes:
----------

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I was happy to see the “Our Brothers the Taliban” lady get booted.

Let’s Go Brandon
MD-2
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MD-2 »

Too bad "Our Brothers" the communist is still our PM!

Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

EPR wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:50 pm
Raincoast wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:34 am Funny thing about that ^ I'd stake a fair amount that the people whining about that expenditure wouldn't be doing so if their party of choice had come out on top..
Funny thing about that ^....Clearly the party of choice didn't come up on top, in fact the Tories(CPC) won 34.1% of the total number of votes cast, which amounts to 35.8% of the total number of seats.The Libtards finished with just 31.8% of the total number of votes, unfortunately due to a terribly flawed election system, they took 46.2% of the total seats! :rolleyes:
----------
I've always found this quite interesting. My experience has been that most people bitching that the Conservatives should be ruling since they earned the popular vote. Quickly turn around and claim Trump's 2016 victory was fair and that Hilary's popular vote win doesn't mean anything. Seems they only care about the popular vote when it suits them, who would have thought. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

And before you start calling me a "libtard" or "communist". It has been a long time since I voted for anything other than Conservative. I just don't through a hissy fit like a spoiled brat, when we lose.

loudmouth
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by loudmouth »

Actually no, not all conservative Canadians are Trump supporters.

Most conservative Canadians would be Democrats in the USA.

🙄

EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by EPR »

Tbayer2021 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:33 am
EPR wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:50 pm
----------
I've always found this quite interesting. My experience has been that most people bitching that the Conservatives should be ruling since they earned the popular vote. Quickly turn around and claim Trump's 2016 victory was fair and that Hilary's popular vote win doesn't mean anything. Seems they only care about the popular vote when it suits them, who would have thought. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

And before you start calling me a "libtard" or "communist". It has been a long time since I voted for anything other than Conservative. I just don't through a hissy fit like a spoiled brat, when we lose.
^ throw...not through, and Crooked Hillary didn't win shit!

Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Invertago »

I came to learn about the pilot shortage these days and all I got was election bitterness... thanks avcanada, never a disappointment.

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

C-GGGQ wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:05 pm Except business jet flying is skyrocketing. They just aren’t flying airlines. 704 operators turning down charters they’re so busy. Don’t listen to the doomsday predictions on this site. It’s already rebounding 2022 is going to be busy
Is that still the case?

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:31 pm
C-GGGQ wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:05 pm Except business jet flying is skyrocketing. They just aren’t flying airlines. 704 operators turning down charters they’re so busy. Don’t listen to the doomsday predictions on this site. It’s already rebounding 2022 is going to be busy
I'd have to agree, our rates are up 30% on pre COVID pricing and we're unable to fill the demand...

That’s really good, is that through actual business flying or a management company business market?

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Our charter department on turbo props and jets are booked solid over 3 months in advance at this point. We have nothing left

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:42 pm
schnitzel2k3 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:31 pm
I'd have to agree, our rates are up 30% on pre COVID pricing and we're unable to fill the demand...

That’s really good, is that through actual business flying or a management company business market?
Management company flying - mix of 604/704.

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

Well That went off the rails and back. Wtf, anyways so what I’m getting from this thread is business travel is way up?

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

Guys, the stock market is about to implode, along with the real estate market. We are on the verge of hyper inflation. In two years no one is going be able to afford to fly. There will be no shortage. We are all toast.

Return to “General Comments”