Corporate Pilot Pay?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Dronepiper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Corporate Pilot Pay?

Post by Dronepiper »

Archived
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by Dronepiper on Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bring me the horizon
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Corporate Pilot Pay?

Post by bring me the horizon »

Kardow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Kardow »

Nothing short of 80k annually at least or the equivalent. Considering that you run the whole show and that you fly single-pilot, I wouldn't even look at any offer below that. The amount of hours flown is usually irrelevant in my opinion for pay purposes when you are flying corporate. You are paid to be available almost all the time to fly the aircraft.

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

Kardow wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:26 am Nothing short of 80k annually at least or the equivalent. Considering that you run the whole show and that you fly single-pilot, I wouldn't even look at any offer below that. The amount of hours flown is usually irrelevant in my opinion for pay purposes when you are flying corporate. You are paid to be available almost all the time to fly the aircraft.
80k to be on call is grossly low

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

80k but only with strict rules regarding availability and duties.

None of this “hey you didn’t fly the last three days so those are your days off” or “the plane is going down for maintenance for a week next month so those are your holidays” or “while you are doing ‘nothing’ can you wash my car/walk my dog/paint my house” kind of stuff.

You give me a schedule, and outside of that I’m unreachable.

But, good luck. They will probably want to pay you $50k because that’s how cheap and out of touch they are and figure that if you only fly 300 hours a year that that’s 1780 more hours they need to get out of you.

One pilot doing everything with a piston twin throws off way too many alarm bells for me.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

‘Bob’ wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:52 pm 80k but only with strict rules regarding availability and duties.

None of this “hey you didn’t fly the last three days so those are your days off” or “the plane is going down for maintenance for a week next month so those are your holidays” or “while you are doing ‘nothing’ can you wash my car/walk my dog/paint my house” kind of stuff.

You give me a schedule, and outside of that I’m unreachable.

But, good luck. They will probably want to pay you $50k because that’s how cheap and out of touch they are and figure that if you only fly 300 hours a year that that’s 1780 more hours they need to get out of you.

One pilot doing everything with a piston twin throws off way too many alarm bells for me.
Yep

Return to “General Comments”