ALPAs Stance on PCR testing

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

chaster
Rank 1
Rank 1

ALPAs Stance on PCR testing

Post by chaster »

Hello to All of my fellow ALPA unionized Pilots! I am writing this post here today for you to ask your MECs and unions why ALPA will not add their name and voice to the group of growing organizations in asking the government to drop the requirement for Inbound PCR testing for fully Vaxed PAX. The NACC Which includes Jazz/AT/Wj has asked for the elimination of Mandatory testing but ALPA has nothing to say. This is the last hurdle that will open the doors to recovery and bring our fellow Employees back to work! Please take the time and share your voice with your reps!Tks C
---------- ADS -----------

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: ALPAs Stance on PCR testing

Post by ‘Bob’ »

Fully vaxxed people can still contract and transmit COVID-19.

This is especially true if they go to developing nations like India and Texas.

The PCR is to protect the antivaxxers in Canada.

If you want the PCR dropped, start grilling any antivaxxers you know to step up take the shot.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
chaster
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chaster »

‘Bob’ wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:49 pm Fully vaxxed people can still contract and transmit COVID-19.

If you want the PCR dropped, start grilling any antivaxxers you know to step up take the shot.
Absolute Nonsense. 75 per cent of the country is fully faxed with 90 per cent receiving one shot. If you believe in the JAB drop this PCR requirement and move along.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

‘Bob’ wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:49 pm Fully vaxxed people can still contract and transmit COVID-19.
A vaccine does not prevent you from getting sick, but it gives your body a serious head start on fighting the virus before you get too sick.

It's like how having headlights won't stop you from hitting a deer at night, but you'll have enough time to slow down or even stop.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I live near the border and to drive across now for a day trip you need to get tested before you go. Then you could go to a crowded concert or sporting event, get exposed to all kinds of the Covids and then drive home. How does that make any sense?

Let’s Go Brandon
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

What have you been smoking when you wrote that??

Let’s Go Brandon
wan2fly99
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by wan2fly99 »

I guess you didnt read the science

Vax will not protect you again covid Vax people are getting sick and ending in hospitals Dont blame the non vax.

I guesss wearing a mask all day ask killed you brain cell

he world we live in now is eveil and all about money

Why dont you say to allow ivermectina and few other drugs to be used WHY because Tredeau and hirs liberal reds get a cut back for every vax used

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by CYERCaptainPooping »

Covid daily cases per capita in Texas are lower than Canada, yet you better watch out! Texas is where you are apparently going to get covid! Because science! Duh!

I did my research on Facebook. Definitely if you are vaccinated and go to Texas it’s like 99 percent chance you will die of covid there. This is why we need border restrictions. Science.

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

This thread needs to be moved to the conspiracy sub forum. That's the place to debate wether a pilots union is somehow better informed around medical processes than the public health authorities.

just clearing the trees
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by just clearing the trees »

start grilling any antivaxxers you know to step up take the shot.
And while you're busy telling other people what to do with their health and what to put in their bodies, get after all those sweaty fat f*cks that are bleeding our health care system dry. Tell 'em to step up and put down the cheeseburgers and diet Cokes. The science is well established that being fat is quite fatal. Goddam science deniers.

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

just clearing the trees wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:01 pm
start grilling any antivaxxers you know to step up take the shot.
And while you're busy telling other people what to do with their health and what to put in their bodies, get after all those sweaty fat f*cks that are bleeding our health care system dry. Tell 'em to step up and put down the cheeseburgers and diet Cokes. The science is well established that being fat is quite fatal. Goddam science deniers.
My body my choice… I can be fat if I want to. Don’t fat shame! Me bing fat doesn’t impact you as my fat is not contagious.

Antivax however, well they are killing grandma!

737Maximilian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 737Maximilian »

wan2fly99 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:23 pm I guess you didnt read the science
Not sure if this post was meant to be purposely ironic?
CYERCaptainPooping wrote:Covid daily cases per capita in Texas are lower than Canada
This is false:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... cases.html

https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid ... cases.html

Texas has a population of 29 million and a daily case load of 3079

Canada has a population 38 million and a daily case load of 2138. Note, a large number of these cases are in BC/Alberta, given their relative population.
CYERCaptainPooping wrote: I did my research on Facebook
Explains a lot
CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Me bing fat doesn’t impact you as my fat is not contagious
Obesity being non-contagious means it can't increase exponentially; there's less risk of suddenly overwhelming our healthcare system.

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

737Maximilian wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:04 pm Obesity isn't contagious
But obesity fills more hospital beds than covid.

We should have mandatory bariatric surgery for fat people to reduce the amount of fat people ending up in hospitals.

Or even better, maybe it's time for private health care so we can charge higher premiums for fat and anti vax people... More risk higher premiums!

737Maximilian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 737Maximilian »

Again, obesity being non-contagious means it can't increase exponentially. There's less risk of it suddenly overwhelming our healthcare system.

I don't disagree there are many ailments that take up a large proportion of our healthcare resources. These could be lessened by some type of early intervention. That said, let's not conflate this with the risks posed by COVID.

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

wan2fly99 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:23 pm I guess you didnt read the science

Vax will not protect you again covid Vax people are getting sick and ending in hospitals Dont blame the non vax.

I guesss wearing a mask all day ask killed you brain cell

he world we live in now is eveil and all about money

Why dont you say to allow ivermectina and few other drugs to be used WHY because Tredeau and hirs liberal reds get a cut back for every vax used
Ask Mak Parhar how well Ivermectin works.

TailwheelPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TailwheelPilot »

For travel to the US dropping PCR tests may help, but they are actually a half-decent way to see if someone has covid, which I would think is better than letting someone with covid cross the border just because they are vaccinated.

Another big issue for international passengers, especially from Asia, is that Canada does not recognize numerous WHO-approved vaccines (unlike the US). Lots of places where getting a Health Canada-approved vaccine is difficult or impossible.

Return to “General Comments”