Anyone know the highest paid at fedex?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Anyone know the highest paid at fedex?

Post by newlygrounded »

I remember hearing it was close to a million USD but even with insane overtime there is no way it can be that high?
---------- ADS -----------

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Anyone know the highest paid at fedex?

Post by altiplano »

It's over a $million. And it's not just a few of them

airway
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by airway »

Some people have been claiming that with OT that is what some Fedex pilots are getting. Not sure if that million dollar figure is US or CAD, but top scale widebody captain (15 years), at Fedex is $335 US/hour.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

How do they achieve that? Do they get paid over 800 dollars per credit?

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

It probably includes “everything” like per diems, uniforms allowances, medical insurance premiums, and 401k or whatever pension they have with a lot of overtime and bonuses.

It is very unlikely that it represents a base gross salary and definitely not a take home one.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by newlygrounded »

‘Bob’ wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:11 pm It probably includes “everything” like per diems, uniforms allowances, medical insurance premiums, and 401k or whatever pension they have with a lot of overtime and bonuses.

It is very unlikely that it represents a base gross salary and definitely not a take home one.
Didn’t expect it to be gross, I remember reading about 100k please don’t retire bonuses, but yeah adding per diems etc to get to that number makes sense

Flight94
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Flight94 »

Seeking American female for green card marriage. Please PM ASAP :?

702pipeliner
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 702pipeliner »

Last edited by 702pipeliner on Wed May 18, 2022 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by newlygrounded »

702pipeliner wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:48 pm Using my aussie passport to get into the usa gets more tempting by the day....
Why stay in this shithole, nobody cares about us/improving wawcon, especially other pilots.

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

newlygrounded wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:13 pm I remember hearing it was close to a million USD but even with insane overtime there is no way it can be that high?
It's actually 54 million

==========
NEW YORK, Sept 27 (Reuters) - FedEx Corp (FDX.N) investors approved billionaire Chief Executive Fred Smith's $54 million pay plan on Monday at the delivery company's annual meeting,
==========

https://www.reuters.com/business/fedex- ... 021-09-27/

NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NotDirty! »

goldeneagle wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:25 am
newlygrounded wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:13 pm I remember hearing it was close to a million USD but even with insane overtime there is no way it can be that high?
It's actually 54 million

==========
NEW YORK, Sept 27 (Reuters) - FedEx Corp (FDX.N) investors approved billionaire Chief Executive Fred Smith's $54 million pay plan on Monday at the delivery company's annual meeting,
==========

I get the sneaking suspicion that Mr Smith is not a line pilot.

Plus he probably pays like $2,000,000 in taxes, so his take home is only like $1Mil/week!

Longtimer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Longtimer »

newlygrounded wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:03 pm
702pipeliner wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:48 pm Using my aussie passport to get into the usa gets more tempting by the day....
Why stay in this shithole, nobody cares about us/improving wawcon, especially other pilots.
So I guess you have made your southbound reservations?

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

NotDirty! wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:25 am I get the sneaking suspicion that Mr Smith is not a line pilot.
The op didn't ask about pilots, asked about the highest paid at Fedex. It's normal for the CEO to be at the top of the pay scale in just about any company.

NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NotDirty! »

goldeneagle wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:43 pm
NotDirty! wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:25 am I get the sneaking suspicion that Mr Smith is not a line pilot.
The op didn't ask about pilots, asked about the highest paid at Fedex. It's normal for the CEO to be at the top of the pay scale in just about any company.
Sorry, you’re right…. I took one interpretation, but I see how that was an unnecessarily biased one. I wish my union had people who could take such an unbiased look at poorly worded articles, and avoid some of the bs we see now!

SpyPilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SpyPilot »

"The op didn't ask about pilots, asked about the highest paid at Fedex. It's normal for the CEO to be at the top of the pay scale in just about any company."

Seeing as this is AVCANADA and not CEOCANADA, I would think you would have come to the reasonable conclusion that the op was likely referring to the pilot pay scale at FedEx and not what the boardroom fatcats take home.

AnonPilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AnonPilot »

goldeneagle wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:43 pm
I appreciated your post if no one else did.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

NotDirty! wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:26 pm I wish my union had people who could take such an unbiased look at poorly worded articles, and avoid some of the bs we see now!
Examples?

newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by newlygrounded »

goldeneagle wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:25 am
It's actually 54 million

==========
==========

Not really what I was asking, but I guess I should have worded it better

NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NotDirty! »

Bede wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:05 pm
NotDirty! wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:26 pm I wish my union had people who could take such an unbiased look at poorly worded articles, and avoid some of the bs we see now!
Examples?
Red eye premium without defining what counts as a red eye.
“Best Fit” reserve with seniority being respected “all things being equal”, and not anticipating the company creating Reserve Availability Periods staggered 30-60 minutes apart, so they can argue that in most cases all things are not equal.
Etc.

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

I don't doubt it is possible to make 1M gross at FEDEX, but to do that you would have to go after every scrap of OT, and other extra pay. You would literally have no life. I just don't get making the huge bucks but then having no time to enjoy any of it.

Work to live, not live to work.

Return to “General Comments”