Job Ads

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

FOD_Vacuum
Rank 4
Rank 4

Job Ads

Post by FOD_Vacuum »

I couldn’t help but notice an abundance of what looks to be like a pre-pandemic job board with all the typical 704s and most regionals posting a job ad. This looks GREAT! We are, slowly but surely beginning to move past the “ETP” of the Himalayas (COVID). In other words, we can relax and exhale a bit again. IMHO there is a looming pilot shortage that COVID just prolonged, and many more pilot seats up for grabs in the near future. (Flair, Lynx, Jetlines, jetwhatever)Fingers crossed that this is the beginning of another prosperous decade of opportunities for everyone!

Unfortunately I find myself still absent from the flight deck as I joined a major 705 right before we got our wings clipped, but recalls are happening fast. It’s very tempting to bite the bait from these job ads but keep telling myself to stick with the recall at my 705. For those of you who did, I’m happy for you-stay safe and happy landings! (I apologize in advance for my terrible analogy)
---------- ADS -----------

scdriver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Job Ads

Post by scdriver »

It sure is nice to see that’s for sure

JHR
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by JHR »

Too bad the working conditions and pay are literally the worst on the planet. But at least these shitty companies are hiring again 🙄

PeterParker
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PeterParker »

Hopefully the cookie jar runs dry for these companies and they end up having to resort to pay better to avoid attrition very soon.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

PeterParker wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:02 am Hopefully the cookie jar runs dry for these companies and they end up having to resort to pay better to avoid attrition very soon.
It’ll never happen, “pilot shortage” that’s a laugh, never been one never will be.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Except there has been, multiple times, and the pay and benefits at 703’s were skyrocketing prior to covid cause they couldn’t find people.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

C-GGGQ wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:17 am Except there has been, multiple times, and the pay and benefits at 703’s were skyrocketing prior to covid cause they couldn’t find people.
I never really saw pay "skyrocket" but quite a few companies were paying bonuses, which I'm sure went away with the stroke of a pen over the last year.

kolex1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by kolex1 »

PeterParker wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:02 am Hopefully the cookie jar runs dry for these companies and they end up having to resort to pay better to avoid attrition very soon.
Do you believe these companies would experience talent retention issues if they run out of the cookie jar and are compelled to offer higher salaries to prevent attrition in the near future?

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

kolex1 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:47 am
Do you believe these companies would experience talent retention issues if they run out of the cookie jar and are compelled to offer higher salaries to prevent attrition in the near future?
They’ll keep pushing the matter until no one is left

Return to “General Comments”