Who are the nicest people you've met in the biz?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Rank 11
Rank 11

Who are the nicest people you've met in the biz?

Post by ... »

:?:
---------- ADS -----------

classiv
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by classiv »

Unfortunately the liars, crackpots, schemers, dreamers, ego maniacs, criminals, grifters, crazies and charlatans vastly outnumber the the nice people in aviation, and Canadian aviation is no exception.

I think the more appropriate questions is: Who is none of the above? And what is it about aviation that attracts so many crackpots?

Life's a Bitch, and then you work in Canadian Aviation
shack
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by shack »

ANNNNNNTOOOOOOOOOOOOOONIO and his pals.

Mitch Cronin
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Mitch Cronin »

In the business? - Secretaries...
Around the airfields? - All the friendly folks at the flyin' clubs just hangar flyin' or fairweather flyin'....
Involved in the biz people? - Flight safety folks.

Least friendly? - The arrogant ones... the odd wide body captain who thinks his poop doesn't stink (they're a dying breed nowadays - probably thanks in part to good CRM training - most are at least very approachable these days)... and the younger hotshots with swolen melons who can barely fit their ego's into the right seat of the "jet" they've just lucked into.... also not so many of them around as there used to be.... Might be that my own age has tended to tame their behavior towards me? 8)

MRO
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by MRO »

Old school guys who don’t do it for a living. The ones who just love to fly and assume everyone else has that burning passion to get up there as well.

The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re a pilot.
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ... »

Here's my list in no specific order.

Jean Provencher-CP for .. Died in a crash in 1998. He always returned my phone calls...he always made the time to see me in his office. I model my professional interaction with pilots in the same courteous manner.

The boy's under the Big Top '98 '99 :wink:

Avcanada Moderators, Sulako, Endless, & Doc (yes Mr. Doc...we have met :) )

Les Boys-CYRJ '96 '97

CYSN ATS (The Best FSS EVOOOR!)

The 'old school' boy's in Ontario flyin' them there 'yeller ducks' :wink:

Hicks Senior

Haza

Tower Dudette

My first and only flight instructor from the ground up, Ralph.

:happy:

Scuba_Steve
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Scuba_Steve »

Dear god you wouldn't pick DOC if you had to fly with him as I do...

Hes the SECOND COMMING OF HITLER!!!!!!1!

:D

Nicest poeple in aviation? pretty much all the line pilots at my company...(yes this includes doc) I lucked out and managed to score a friendly posative work environment.

Cheers

N2
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by N2 »

classiv wrote:Unfortunately the liars, crackpots, schemers, dreamers, ego maniacs, criminals, grifters, crazies and charlatans vastly outnumber the the nice people in aviation, and Canadian aviation is no exception.

I think the more appropriate questions is: Who is none of the above? And what is it about aviation that attracts so many crackpots?

Oh how true! If I had a nickel for everytime I was lied to or screwed over by someone in this business.......

Sorry I'm in a pissed off mood I just found out Lisa Presley got married again...the bitch, I was saving myself for her.

Putting money into aviation is like wiping before you poop....it just don't make sense!
Anonymous1
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Anonymous1 »

Anyone who takes the time to go camping at Oshkosh and loves aviation for things other than the money. United pilots who get excited over a perfectly restored Piper Cub, a commercial pilot I met from Saskatchewan who drove his Chevette for 3 days to look at airplanes and wouldn't stop sharing his beer and thought it perfectly okay to build a campfire in a dry grass field with a stiff wind upwind of 10,000 airplanes...:).
Best guy all around no question...Will Stonehouse, First Air. Respects all his crew as part of a team and you never hear him say anything negative about others and always makes you smile when he meets you.
Second.... Can't think of his name but that short guy that flew the Super 3 at Borek for years. Always positive, never stopped smiling. (I think he's at Jazz now).
Dave Buck and Tim O'Neil...Always make a pairing something to look forward too and never too busy to help you out.....

Assholes...too many to count but usually those who fail to accept their shortcomings and blame everyone other than themself for where they are. Anyone who gets into aviation just for the money or will only be happy flying a jet and is more concerned about getting there rather tan just enjoying the view. Its funny how often the least concerned pilots ae the ones who end up furthest ahead in the long term.

Doc.....Jesus.....talk about bitter...:) Light the fuse anything from immigration to accident prevention and stand well back.... :lol:

whipline
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by whipline »

My hat goes off to an ex chief pilot from wasaya by the name of Dave Moore. It didn't matter if you had 200 hrs or 10,000 hrs he always made time for you.

N2
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by N2 »

Anonymous1 is right. I am been the Oshkosh a few times sleeping in the back of my pickup and the down to earth people you meet there are just super! Good parties at night...pull up a chunk of grass, sit down and open a beer!

Putting money into aviation is like wiping before you poop....it just don't make sense!
SkyWolfe
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SkyWolfe »

So far - Everyone down at PFC has been super helpful and nice including the instructors Ive had.

Also - so many people on this site have been extrememly helpful and being here has really helped me figure alot out.

Lastly, there is a very helpful person at PCC that has answered many of my irritating long winded questions and provided me with tons of help.

So yeah, THANK YOU!

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

I've been around aviation from birth. with the good comes the bad. Thankfully the good always outweighs!

The navajo pilots in northern sask with transwest last summer were great! Paul and the boys from general airspray were also a riot to work with and be around. Paul is by far the best CP/owner I've come across. Big Kudos to that guy.

Any of the IFR instructors at Pro. Seth/Pat/Ed/Todd You guys made ifr training enjoyable.

The two guys at NCA in ft. st john who were a great help, super positive and gave me some great ideas.

The Two King Air pilots from Lil Red that I met in High Level. Super positive, friendly and greatly helpful.

Most of the folk on this board.. albeit theres a bit of whining everyones generally helpful and informative and supportive. Even with constructive criticism and some cynicism (everyone needs a reality check)

I've only ever had to deal with just a few assholes and they were wealthy ignorant private pilot types who thought they were above all else as they owned their own craft. Always in a rush, always behind sched and just generally pissed off with everyone and everything.

I'm glad to be around the positive aspects of this industry. You'll quickly recognize me on the ramp or around the airport with my big dumb grin no matter what the weather or circumstances :D

Flying Low
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Flying Low »

I second the General Airspray comment...Roc, Paul and the guys are a blast to work with!

Charles at Terraquest!

I am Birddog!

The gang at Thunder!

"The ability to ditch an airplane in the Hudson does not qualify a pilot for a pay raise. The ability to get the pilots, with this ability, to work for 30% or 40% pay cuts qualifies those in management for millions in bonuses."
. ._
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Cowering in my little room because the Water Cooler is locked.

Post by . ._ »

Too many to list.

summer-wonder
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by summer-wonder »

Adlair folks, particularily Willie and Jo-Anne.

sidestick stirrer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sidestick stirrer »

Jeez, I plodded through this whole thread and not a mention of my name?
I am SO disappointed.....
Perhaps that would explain the plethora of "screen-saver" expressions while I enthusiastically debrief the crews after sim PPC's: just sign my GD licence and let me out of here!

hazatude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by hazatude »

-Peninsulair team of hard working instructors and staff
-guys (and gals) old school from H&L
-Rob from MBA at YHM (guy is crazy happy)
-Thunder dudes
-All my co-op kids that have gone on to wonderful aviation careers
-Frank Fillion
-Bill Tourtell
(I named those two because they are pioneers that made me respect pilots for the person they are and not the machine they fly)
-Glenn White (without him YHM would be Dunnville)
-Desksgo...wonderful person in real life
-IABD...ditto
-Joe (Avcanada)...bringing us all together

There are many more but I'm trying to score this chick right now on IRC...I'll try later.

mellow_pilot
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mellow_pilot »

ISTP for sure! Even when he was calling me a jackass he was nice about it!

Him and SH from SC, though I still don't know if he ever told me the truth...

Dyslexics of the world... UNTIE!
hazatude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by hazatude »

Charles .

Nice elderly gentleman :D

Return to “General Comments”