Sour Grapes?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Sour Grapes?

Post by SuperchargedRS »

I have been nosing around this forum, looking at BFC underground and a few other places and I have found one thing in common (or at least here at the underground website), it seems that everyone is very sour, like when I asked a question about getting a job right out of flight school, or just some of the posts about crappy employers; it seems everyone is bitter but no one tries to move on, or fix the situation. I mean I don’t understand how people who fly for a living (or at least allot of them) can be so sour; crap the folks that work at wal-wart or any other chain place like that, who practically had there soul sucked out by the corporate bottom of the totem pole world don’t seem as sour? Is there something that I am not seeing here?

The pay? I don’t fly & I know it sucks

The people?

The A/C / equipment

Not enough work?

...um...something in yer childhood eh? lol
---------- ADS -----------

desksgo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by desksgo »

I don't know what you're looking for here, if its a hug, I'd talk to I am birddog. He gives great ones.

Bitching and moaning is human nature. The people enjoying aviation are busy enjoying what they do, and don't find the time to come home and post about their wonderful day of flying.

If you posted about getting a job, and got bitter responses, they're just trying to give you a heads up of what you're going to have to endure. They're trying to give you a thicker skin, because, child, you're gonna need it. :wink:

mduffy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by mduffy »

I don't think you're considering all the benefits of a job at Walmart (Such as job security, profit sharing, secure pension plans, potential for advancement, ability to work in any city you want, zero investment or education required.) for those people who have the job, and the lifestyle they probably live. All things considered, those people are doing just fine, and know it.

The only major airline in this country hadn't hired for many years. All the others went bankrupt. There are large numbers of unemployed or under-emplyed pilots around. When these pilots consider the same factors that you get at Walmart (Such as job security, profit sharing, secure pension plans, not having to move, potential for advancement, their investment in flying and education that was mandatory.) the truth is the guy at Walmart enoys similar long-term wealth-potential with no investment or personal sacrafice. So why shouldn't we be more bitter then the Walmart employee?

If you're just getting started, I don't mean to ruin your spirits, things may be better for you. I'm just trying to provide an explaination (not an excuse) for where the attitude comes from.

Johnny
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Johnny »

Not every Wal Mart job is crap.

mduffy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by mduffy »

The best kept secret in aviaiton? Maybe! No longer apparently!

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

I didn’t mean that all wal-mart jobs are bad, but ever walk into a wal-mart and see the people with the blue shirts that say "can I help you", hell I don’t even like shopping there, the people look like night of the living dead lol.
As far as flying goes I don’t think that it is a job that you should get into to try to get rich and settle down in the burbs' I am getting into this for the adventure of it.
I did think that un-employment was a problem in this business, but I also think getting a job as much to do with the individual as the industry's status.
This is one of the people (http://www.claytor.com) whom inspired me to get my other business going to fund my flying (as I never trusted flying to make a substantial amount of $$$). Anywho; whatever peels our banana I guess
And I am sure as hell not looking for a hug lol, I was just noticing that there are allot, not all, but allot of people out there that seem to be subscribers to the glass if half empty logic

N2
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by N2 »

Well everyone just continue to support places like walmart and soon there won't be any Canadian stores left at all!

Had a few friends that went to head office after the place we were working closed up and quit..they say it's more of a cult to work for than anything.

Putting money into aviation is like wiping before you poop....it just don't make sense!
Dust Devil
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Dust Devil »

Funny how when people are happy with their employeer they are refered to as being like a cult. I've heard wal-mart people refered to that way and westjet people as well.

//=S=//

A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed
N2
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by N2 »

Nope not this time DD they couldn't get away from Walmart fast enough! They told me they had to do company chants in the office...rah rah rah gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Walmart! If you passed one of your co-workers you had to smile and say hello, they had a ton of wacky rules in the office or so I am told.

These were highly sucessful people and well educated, not the 8 buck an hour flunkies.

Last edited by N2 on Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Putting money into aviation is like wiping before you poop....it just don't make sense!
Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

How many young kids get killed working for peanuts at Walmart?

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
N2
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by N2 »

Not the kids getting killed Cat just our economy and as long as TC allows these types of businesses to carry on it won't stop!

As you quote the hardest thing to do in flying is no when to say no...perhaps people should stop and think before putting their asses on the line for a few bucks.

I love (well used to love) flying more than anything but I still like living more!

Last edited by N2 on Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

If you work there more then a year, your probably already dead from atrophied of the brain.
:lol:

TorontoGuy
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by TorontoGuy »

Congratulations, son, and welcome to the Walmart team! Resistance is futile.

Return to “General Comments”