Float Plane Accident in Howey Bay

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

CLguy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Float Plane Accident in Howey Bay

Post by CLguy »

I heard a float plane crashed on Howey Bay in Red Lake a few days ago. Does anyone have any info on it. Sure hope there were no injuries!
---------- ADS -----------

klimman123
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by klimman123 »

It all happened on the 22nd last Sat around 6:30pm. The Beaver GEZW was on a return flight from Trout Lake. Upon a normal landing all hell broke loose. Wittnesses say that when the right float touched down the was a loud bang and then the plane nosed over. The pilot and only occupant escaped without injury. The plane on the other hand probaly won't be in service till late in the season if at all. It's currently under investigation but people suggest it may have been a sucken dead head but I guess we'll have to wait and see what transport has to say.

Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by 180 »

Bad luck. Which company?

5x5
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 5x5 »

Not sure, but a check of the registration on TC's web site http://www.tc.gc.ca/aviation/activepage ... k?x_lang=e shows it was registered to Green Airways LTd.

The link lets you enter all or part of any Canadian registered planes call sign and find out who is registered as the owner. Also allows other search options such as Owner and lots of other info. Pretty handy tool from TC actually.

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

Actually the TC site shows who is registered as the operator.

Bcn-In-Bnd
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Bcn-In-Bnd »

5x5,
I tryed or link, it didnt work for me. A tc error page comes up.
:?

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

TC " IS " one big error. :D :D :D

Cat

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
5x5
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 5x5 »

Yeah, TC occasionally has outages where the database can't be accessed. Keep checking, it'll likely be up tomorrow morning.

Ahramin - I guess that the main page where they state "Quick Search (by Mark, Aircraft Name or Owner's Name)" started throwing me off. The continued use of the word "owner" on the info sheet (as follows) reinforced the confusion. The only mention of the word "operator" is the abreviation "op" in "Base of op." which I took to mean Base of Operations. Thanks so much for straightening me out. Maybe send a note to TC and get them to change their website.

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

Just putting the info out for those who want to know. I am sorry if i caused you some emotional distress by correcting you 5x5. My intention was not to correct or upset but simply to inform. Please feel free to ignore any information you do not like.

5x5
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 5x5 »

Not sure where you get the "emotional distress" thing from. I think it's great to have an all-knowing moderator to help the rest of us figure things out. Especially when TC's website is so misleading.

Keep up the good work.

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

5x5 wrote:Not sure where you get the "emotional distress" thing from.
I am assuming you are upset by this because you respond to factual information with heavy sarcasm. You seem upset anyway.

Regardless, if the operator is different from the owner, the TC site will show the operator, not the owner. It is not that misleading: Usually the operator is the owner.

Return to “General Comments”