Nationair Crash & Website

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

I WAS Birddog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Re: Nationair Crash & Website

Post by I WAS Birddog »

2019 bump...28 years later.
---------- ADS -----------

Before you plot your revenge on someone, make sure to dig two graveyard plots.
http://twitter.com/@iwasbirddog
Capt. Underpants
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Capt. Underpants »

This and the crash at Dryden are continuing reminders that a lack of resources to support your operation is an accident waiting to happen.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Late 80’s during my TC early days , rumours were rampant on why higher ups in the organization seemed to have a hands off Nationair position.

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

No, tc did not have a hands off approach. They had high profile inspectors of the day on site, as opposed to sitting in some government cubicle. Like they do now.

Contrary to the hype, many good and qualified people were doing their work as anyone would expect.

And.......yes.....a horrible accident occurred.

Anybody who has any concept of a tragedy knows that it is not because of one single thing.

A report was issued, read it.

So, as bad as the tragedy was, perhaps it is not appropriate to condemn the entire organisation. Or the people that worked there.

Similar events have occurred sadly. AC DC8 saint therese is one that comes to mind. Big hole in the ground with no survivors. There are other tragedies that are too long to list on this post.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

confusedalot wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:14 pm No, tc did not have a hands off approach. They had high profile inspectors of the day on site, as opposed to sitting in some government cubicle. Like they do now.

Contrary to the hype, many good and qualified people were doing their work as anyone would expect.

Anybody who has any concept of a tragedy knows that it is not because of one single thing.

So, as bad as the tragedy was, perhaps it is not appropriate to condemn the entire organisation. Or the people that worked there.

Similar events have occurred sadly. AC DC8 saint therese is one that comes to mind. Big hole in the ground with no survivors. There are other tragedies that are too long to list on this post.
You work at TC during that time......it was more the executive level at a particular section and connections thus the so called “rumours “. Anyway, long time ago and certainly sad accident as they all are. Lot of stuff surfaced after the company folded in ‘93. Anyway, over and out from it all.

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

Old fella wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:58 pm
confusedalot wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:14 pm No, tc did not have a hands off approach. They had high profile inspectors of the day on site, as opposed to sitting in some government cubicle. Like they do now.

You work at TC during that time......it was more the executive level at a particular section and connections thus the so called “rumours “. Anyway, long time ago and certainly sad accident as they all are. Lot of stuff surfaced after the company folded in ‘93. Anyway, over and out from it all.
Actually no, my tc time came after the 9/11 fallout after C3 went kaput and there were zero jobs around except for that place.

But, I was a nationair employee a couple of years after the tragedy. You can sure bet everyone from top to bottom never wanted that to happen again. The tc guys of the day, good guys to be sure, were in fact on site keeping an eye on things.

The intent of the previous post was merely to indicate that all concerned were not irresponsable persons who could not care less. Quite the contrary.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

confusedalot wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:54 pm
Old fella wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:58 pm

Actually no, my tc time came after the 9/11 fallout after C3 went kaput and there were zero jobs around except for that place.

But, I was a nationair employee a couple of years after the tragedy. You can sure bet everyone from top to bottom never wanted that to happen again. The tc guys of the day, good guys to be sure, were in fact on site keeping an eye on things.

The intent of the previous post was merely to indicate that all concerned were not irresponsable persons who could not care less. Quite the contrary.
Indeed. Conscientious people no doubt who strived to do a good job, do it safely while trying to earn a living be it C3, JetsGo, Nationair, Zoom et al, companies that ended as roadkill on the aviation business superhighway due to the unpredictability of said industry. To quote Harold Macmillan “ events, dear boy, events”.

Cheers
:drinkers:

Return to “General Comments”