Air Taxi Franchise idea?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Air Taxi Franchise idea?

Post by Heliian »

digits_ wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:39 am
Heliian wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:30 am They have fallen away long ago but the same thing was attempted by discovery/GSH, failed miserably.

You need to have open competition for a sustainable industry like that.
Do you know why it failed or what exactly went wrong? The competition is only necessary from a customer's point of view. From an operator's point of view, it's best if there is no competition.
One financial hit after another, levied down to the actually profitable "franchisees".

Look at tim horton's for ex. bought up by bigger and bigger corporations and slowly destroyed in the quest for more money and more profits. Poor business practices, no ethics and stupid marketing ideas. Just like tim horton's new "non-meat burger" steamer they are selling right now.

I'm getting tired of all these "new" ideas for a business model. They are called pyramid schemes, uber being one of them. They've never turned a profit and will eventually collapse.

Queue the investment wizards about to tell us how successful they are. Congratulations on your bitcoin investments.
---------- ADS -----------

clearmyside
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by clearmyside »

Waldo,

i love this idea and have been thinking about a similar set-up for some time. one of my biggest concerns is on how to manage sop's and a safety minded way of operating each and every flight. some individual operators may be more risk averse than others, but it would only take one incident/accident to put the AOC at risk. So additional costs would have to come by the way of a FOQA system, but would ensure development of SOPs got the right way, help with training on arising issues and in the worst case scenario revoke a franchisee's rights, if he/she continues to operate below standard.

The other thought I have is that while Navajo's are great machines, nowadays clients expect turbines and many in fact will not award contracts to piston operators. PC12s and King Airs are the "new" small aircraft standard for most governments/companies and it would be a shame if the franchise wouldn't be able to capitalise on those sort of contracts.

Cheers,

P

172ReliefPilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 172ReliefPilot »

I read this thread with no expectations and am highly impressed. Seems like an awesome idea

Return to “General Comments”