Addition of Multi-Engine to 703 OC

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Addition of Multi-Engine to 703 OC

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

Hey Guys,

Wondering if one of you may be able to give me some guidance. My company has been approached to operate a twin (chieftain and/or aztec) as a 703 aircraft and am wondering what it would take to add it to my OC.

Our current OC covers single engine aircraft, 703/702, Day, VFR, OTT...so I will need to add Instrument and multi-engine items to the OPS manual (along with a billion other documents). Just wondering if anyone can provide a link or any guidance/advice on how to get it done as thoroughly (we're either all the way in or not in at all, not half assed approach), efficiently and expediciously as possible. What is a good timeline to have this done by?

And if we get er' done on time, I'll be scooping up a couple pilots from the market if that helps :wink:

Best Regards,

Skads.
---------- ADS -----------

Airtids
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Airtids »

There is no "multi" approval so to speak on an OC. You will have to submit and ammend you COM for IFR, add the new aircraft type, and submit check sheets and a schedule for approval to M&M along with your ammended MPM/MCM. Shouldn't take more than about three months.

LOVE the paperwork! :x

Aviation- the hardest way possible to make an easy living!
"You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it into peace!" Michael Franti- Spearhead
"Trust everyone, but cut the cards". My Grandma.
Mach .28
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mach .28 »

take a look at

http://www.tc.gc.ca/CivilAviation/comme ... 1/menu.htm

Requires modifications to COM, MCM, AOC. Don't forget about adding all of those lovely ops specs amendments to the COM.

How is your inspector from CBA? A good inspector will provide you with the requirements and assist you in completing them.

Return to “General Comments”