AC/Jazz pulling out of YXX???

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

maxofthenorth
Rank 2
Rank 2

AC/Jazz pulling out of YXX???

Post by maxofthenorth »

Like the subject says :?:
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by maxofthenorth on Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Skipper
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Skipper »

Just kidding, I saw that coming :lol:

EI-EIO
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by EI-EIO »

Does mainline serve YXX too? Otherwise this would be a little strange:
http://www.abbynews.com/portals-code/li ... 1274&more=

prop2jet
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by prop2jet »

Jazz flies where AC Mainline tells them to fly... so your banner should read AC pulls out of YXX.

giligan
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by giligan »

Or perhaps,
"Jazz pulls out of YXX...because Aircanada is going to use a bigger plane."
gil

twinpratts
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by twinpratts »

Prop's right... Jazz has no say in where it flies (except Charter flights).

I want to die like my grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers...
bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Jazz pulls out of YXX???

Post by bcflyer »

maxofthenorth wrote:Overheard some Jazz people talking in YXX that as of the end of May, Jazz will be pulling out of YXX. I guess they like to build up the loads and then dump the route. :smt075
Man do so research before you post this kind of crap. It took all of about 45 secs to do a search on the AC site and see that Jazz is NOT pulling out of YXX.

maxofthenorth
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by maxofthenorth »

Wow, are you like 10 bcflyer? I am just posting it because I am pissed if it is true as I use the flights all the time. Also you should know that sometimes it takes a long time to update the computers and sometimes the staff are the first to know. The new flights that people are also talking about are also not in the computer yet. If I am wrong I will be the first to say so, I only posted this because I wanted to hear it from someone in the know. What better place but on Avcanada to ask. Did you notice the question marks in the title?

PS: also you guys are right, the title should be "Air Canada tells Jazz to pull out of YXX?"

mellow_pilot
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mellow_pilot »

Jazz pulls out of YXX...
Yxx not pregnant.

Dyslexics of the world... UNTIE!
2low
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by 2low »

Last edited by 2low on Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stinky
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Stinky »

It's true.

bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bcflyer »

maxofthenorth wrote: The new flights that people are also talking about are also not in the computer yet.
Actually they are on the computer. I'm not sure what site you're looking at but I easily found the YYC-YXS and YYC-SEA as well as YVR-SAC on the website. I'm curious who you were talking to at YXX that said Jazz was pulling out. I was there 4 times in the last couple of days and chat with the agents all the time. Not ONE of them mentioned anything about it. As for your other comment, if you have a question then feel free to ask it, but if you're not sure then don't make comments that have absolutely no basis in truth like "I guess they like to build up the loads and then dump the route..."

maxofthenorth
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by maxofthenorth »

Great glad that the people in YXX were wrong!
I actually hope they expand the routes there this summer as there is no non-stop to Toronto this summer so I am sure the YXX-YYC flights are going to be hammered all summer.

skydrolboy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by skydrolboy »

Just read this on YYZ News site:

New Routes Announce ---Air Canada announced March 14th the following new routes to be added this summer. On June 1st the airline will add Calgary-Prince George route and Calgary-Seattle route utilizing 50- seat Jazz CRJs. On June 15, will add a new Vancouver-Sacramento CA route, also using 50-seat Jazz CRJs. The Calgary-Abbotsford route will be terminated as of May 30th to make aircraft available for these new routes.

Dash-Ate
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Dash-Ate »

I could not resist...

That'll buff right out :rolleyes:
Airbrake
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Airbrake »

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news ... 3a&k=67016

Air Canada to discontinue Calgary flights out of Abbotsford airport
Christina Toth, Abbotsford Times
Published: Friday, March 16, 2007

ABBOTSFORD - Losing Air Canada flights out of Abbotsford's airport is a huge setback for the local business community, said David D. Hull, executive director for the Abbotsford Chamber of Commerce.

"This is our connection to the world," he said. "Having the YXX connections to Calgary and the rest of Canada is crucial to the development of a sustainable economy here."

Air Canada will end its three daily Calgary flights out of Abbotsford on May 31 "due to the route performance, which did not meet expectations," said the airline's Angela Mah.

The Abbotsford Airport Authority reported more than 500,000 travellers used the terminal last year, about 70,000 of them with Air Canada.

© The Vancouver Sun 2007

bobcaygeon
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by bobcaygeon »

bcflyer wrote:
maxofthenorth wrote: The new flights that people are also talking about are also not in the computer yet.
Actually they are on the computer. I'm not sure what site you're looking at but I easily found the YYC-YXS and YYC-SEA as well as YVR-SAC on the website. I'm curious who you were talking to at YXX that said Jazz was pulling out. I was there 4 times in the last couple of days and chat with the agents all the time. Not ONE of them mentioned anything about it. As for your other comment, if you have a question then feel free to ask it, but if you're not sure then don't make comments that have absolutely no basis in truth like "I guess they like to build up the loads and then dump the route..."
Man do so research before you post this kind of crap. It took all of about 45 secs to do a search on the AC site and see that Jazz is NOT pulling out of YXX.

BCFLYER
Man, I guess you and JR just don't have the close relationship that you once had..... :wink:

skyismine
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by skyismine »

It is confirmed that the YYC-YXX flights will be pulled due to low loads.

Return to “General Comments”