Jazz benefits

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

R2000/1830
Rank 4
Rank 4

Jazz benefits

Post by R2000/1830 »

can someone explain the benefits package, I know about the pay but what about pension, medical, Alberta health and vacations. Also with Jazz being a public company do you get stock options.
---------- ADS -----------

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

Not unless you have an MBA and f-ck your employees over regularly. see posts on airlines in bankruptcy

chief
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by chief »

Hey R2000. the benefits are very good. BUT you do pay for them. i forget the amount but i think i had about 2-300 taken off my check for benefits but that included AB health. That aside it was sure nice to go to the dental offfice and get about 2-3K worth of dental work for the whole family and walk away having to pay less than 30 bucks out of my pocket. the pension is a defined contribution. so there is a formula to figure out what you will be retiring on. tell you the truth i forget what the formula is. I THINK you max out on something like 60K a year for pension. dont quote me though. the stock option thing. well when i left the pilots were getting pulled by the chain with that one. there was supposed to be profit sharing. then the company said they will agree with bonuses. the union basically said forget that and the negotiations continued. So i dont know where it stands now. The thing is a "bonus" can be doctored but there is no BS'ing about profit sharing when you are a publicly traded company. So i guess you would have to ask someone from jazz where that whole situation stands. vacations is kind of standar. 2 weeks a year.

bobcaygeon
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by bobcaygeon »

All the "KY" you want, especially in 2009.

Swerved
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Swerved »

Pretty sure the pension is actually defined benefit, rather than defined contribution. If I remember correctly, you take the average of your best three years of earnings, then you get 2% of that per year of service. I'm sure there are penalties for retiring early, but I'm far from getting there, so I'm really not that informed...

Swerved.

In a world full of people, only some want to fly. Isn't that crazy?
co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

bobcaygeon wrote:All the "KY" you want, especially in 2009.
Why, what happens in 09?

Goose757
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Goose757 »

co-joe wrote:
Why, what happens in 09?
Wage negotiations I believe.

bobcaygeon
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by bobcaygeon »

All major employee groups have contracts that expire in 2009. With the usual "Me Too" strategy of the unskilled labour groups, it will likely prevent the skilled groups from getting the raises they deserve.
IE "Well the pilots/AME's got 5% a year(I know I'm dreaming), so should us the rampies/cookie pushers!!!"

Return to “General Comments”