YYC Base with Jazz

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

R2000/1830
Rank 4
Rank 4

YYC Base with Jazz

Post by R2000/1830 »

I have a ground school with Jazz on June 25th, I'm assuming I will get a Toronto or Montreal base. How long do you think it will take to get a Calgary base and how hard is the commute. I'm thinking 6-9 months for a YYC base.
---------- ADS -----------

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

maybe less if your Dash.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
skyhigh
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by skyhigh »

at the rate guys have been flocking over to WJ, you will probably get it a lot quicker than expected.

twinpratts
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by twinpratts »

Pretty sure YYC base will have openings in the next 3 mos, but there's no guarantee of course.

I want to die like my grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers...
flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: YYC Base with Jazz

Post by flyinhigh »

R2000/1830 wrote:I have a ground school with Jazz on June 25th, I'm assuming I will get a Toronto or Montreal base. How long do you think it will take to get a Calgary base and how hard is the commute. I'm thinking 6-9 months for a YYC base.
Depends on how many in your class above you want YYC.
I'm just in sim training now and missed the standing bid for yyc by 2 days. I had a bid in, than however my fiance got a job in yyz so I pulled out my bid. 2 Days later a new standing bid came out and a guy that is the groundschool below me that had just started ended up with the position in yyc.

So if you lucky, you won't even be out of training. If your not, than maybe 2 months

Longtimer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: YYC Base with Jazz

Post by Longtimer »

R2000/1830 wrote:I have a ground school with Jazz on June 25th, I'm assuming I will get a Toronto or Montreal base. How long do you think it will take to get a Calgary base and how hard is the commute. I'm thinking 6-9 months for a YYC base.
With the high cost of living here in Calgary, unless you have accomodation already, you might want to give YYC a miss until your salary level rises to one that can support a 1400.00 single bedroom apartment (if you can find a vacancy) :lol:

R2000/1830
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by R2000/1830 »

Me and my wife have a Condo in the YYC area, so YYC would be best for us. Thanks for all the info, anymore info is always welcomed. Looks like 6-9 months is a good mental goal for myself getting back to YYC.

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

Will you still be able to afford the mortgage? :wink:

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
R2000/1830
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by R2000/1830 »

yes

Return to “General Comments”