Where were you on September 11th 2001?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Rank 11
Rank 11

Where were you on September 11th 2001?

Post by ... »

I was in the states....in a sim!!!! :?

The trip back through Canadian customs was...interesting.
---------- ADS -----------

. .
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by . . »

driving 45minutes to instruct. watching the flying go from minimal to non-existant all in a one hour period. I think I still have copies of the faxes we got from FSS closing all canadian airspace.

merlin
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by merlin »

I was still in bed when it happened... I was supposed to go bungee jumping, but didn't go that day because I felt bad going to have fun when that was happening.

Bcn-In-Bnd
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Bcn-In-Bnd »

Trying to fly into YOW airspace. :(

DriftWood
Rank 1
Rank 1

9/11

Post by DriftWood »

I the middle of college flight training.
Realizing then that I should of been a hippy.
Job search is a career on it's own.

CLguy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CLguy »

Heading out of town to set up my moose hunting shack.

bandaid
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by bandaid »

On my way to work in total disbelief of what I was hearing on the radio. Spent the day in front of the tv between calls. A surreal and sad day in history.

chillout
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chillout »

We flew all day in Northern Manitoba doing a caribou hunt. We didn't know anything had happened until 6PM that night. Calm air was flying the DEW line the next day!! Pretty weird

. ._
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Cowering in my little room because the Water Cooler is locked.

Post by . ._ »

Ya know what? That was years ago.

Who cares. No one is gonna investigate what really happened.

I edited this post because since 9/11 the world has gotten crappier because of the lies surrounding this day. :?

http://www.ae911truth.org/

Last edited by . ._ on Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dxprguy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by dxprguy »

On duty dispatching... first time and hopefully last that I had to defer to the SCATANA plan (I guess that has now been replaced by ESCAT). Overall a crummy day for aviation and humanity... :cry:

N8
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by N8 »

I was sitting in the very same chair that I am right now when someone came around the corner towards my office saying that a small Cessna had hit the World Trade Centre.
Spent the rest of the day in the Emergency Break Out Room making up a list of where our planes were and where they were going to land and at what time.
After the last plane landed I went to the movies because I didn't want to hear anymore news. I think I saw the Planet of the Apes, but to be honest I wasn't really watching the movie.

wannabatp
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by wannabatp »

Did my first solo on that day. Missed seeing the first tower strike, but witnessed the second live.

Aviation hasn't been the same since.

Btw, one other guy from my course managed to solo before the airspace was closed down.

A sad day indeed.

Sulako
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Sulako »

I was just checking weather for a trip bringing the boss back from the States. I was on hold with FSS and my pal called me. He just said "Turn on the tv". So I did, in time to see the second plane hit the tower.

I seriously thought about taking a plane and heading north for 1/2 a tank of gas, then landing at the most remote strip I could find. Then I remembered about the military base nearby, figured they'd be going out of their minds with worry and anger, and decided to stay on the ground.

Truly a terrible and surreal day.

confuzed
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by confuzed »

Can't remember exactly, but it was either flying in the beaver on my way to do a camp check or having breakfast with an american after doing the check at another lake. As I was climibing out after take off, someone was babbling something to me on the radio about it. Didn't know really until I got back to base and we all sat in shock about what was going on. Boss decided to shut down ops for the day, and then at 1600 the call came in from Transport telling us not to fly.

You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.
hz2p
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by hz2p »

I was in the air that morning when it happened. The wx was perfect, had a great flight. Watched the endless reruns on TV after I landed. Supremely depressing. Like watching a gang rape/murder over and over again. Couldn't understand afterwards why most Canadians thought the Americans in the towers deserved to die. Still don't. :cry:

Right Seat Captain
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Right Seat Captain »

I was watching the events unfold on a television in the hallway of Sault College, when I was in the aviation program, first year. Needless to say, I quit the program at the end of the semester realizing where the industry is going, and did my training at a local flying school instead, and in the process of getting a University Degree as a back-up.

slowstream
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by slowstream »

YXD to YMM and spent the next three days ib YMM glued to the news and in shock!

bigred
Rank 3
Rank 3

where were you sept 11

Post by bigred »

I was in bed then got woke up after the first strike then watched the second as well as the footage from the pentagon Woke up buddy of mine who just got to bed from the night shift told him to put tv on any channel then called work to see if any point in going in that day
Red 8)

CClub
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CClub »

Driving to work, then finding out my flight test for my private licence wasn't going to happen the next day, or the next, or the next, I believe I finally did it a week later.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

Just finished a summer contract up north and thought "oh well I got some hours now...I'll have no trouble finding a job closer to home..." Whoa, big surprise, spent the next 6 months on the EI snowboard team. That whole shitty day I spent glued to the TV in shock. It still numbs me to watch that footage. :(

Return to “General Comments”